Midland Mainline - Leicester To Derby & Nottingham

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by londonmidland, Feb 5, 2023.

1. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

There is no 222 so I expect the timetable to be light, obvious future loco DLC or to be introduced with a future part of the MML route.

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

RTT says 37 per day LEI - DBY, 37 the other way (all day, 10/04/23)

RTT says 49 per day LEI - NOT, 48 the other way (all day, 10/04/23)

RTT says 27 per day NOT - DER (EM) with 18 more run by XC, 33 the other way for EM and 18 XC (all day, 10/04/23)

The above include ECS moves

Total EM services = 231
    XC Services 36

• Like Like x 1
  3. leelarner

leelarner New Member

I hope at Nottingham Station they implement 158 AI such as the Nottingham-Norwich, Nottingham-Mansfield/Worksop,Nottingham-Skegness, Nottingham-Liverpool Lime Street, Nottingham/Derby-Matlock, Nottingham-Lincoln, Nottingham-Newark Castle and Derby-Crewe

• Like Like x 3
  4. taybarker20

taybarker20 Active Member

What would the London commuter layer for ROG be?

5. olly.smail

olly.smail Well-Known Member

good point, must be either a 377 or 387 drag which is cool to have in a service mode

6. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

For me a highly positive thing is we get 3 depots with the route and the mountsorrel hub + ratcliffe is probably modeled full too.

Thinking ahead, this route calls for extensions and loco dlcs. (Maybe the reason skyhook didnt want to fill it with freight?)

Anyway looking forward to the route.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bravo2six

Bravo2six Well-Known Member

It's not that they "didn't want too" its that, as has been said before, they wanted to get the passenger mechanics right and ran out of time for a freight timetable.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. Shaun123

Shaun123 Well-Known Member

Not criticising of course, it’s good to see valued members of the forum on the beta team.

But it goes to show that they only have so much of an impact, and now they are also limited by what they can say.

I’m sure there would have been a lot more criticism on here than usual, but all of a sudden that’s disappeared, no coincidence of course if you now have a vested interest.

This is not a criticism of the videos or screenshots we’ve seen so far by the way, I can’t wait for this route, I know from TSC how incredible it is, so can’t wait for it in TSW! But just echoing some earlier comments above.

• Like Like x 5
  9. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Exactly why even if I was asked, which I haven’t been (!), I would be reluctant to be a beta tester as I value the right to free speech. The other thing about being a tester is that you don’t just get to pick and choose what you test, might end up being asked to look at stuff you have less interest in. Not to mention the rinse and repeat where you get to do the same scenario or situation over and over until it can be proven it’s fixed - one of the reasons I rarely drive my own routes created in other sims. By the time they are finished, you’re fed up to the back teeth of the sight of them!

• Like Like x 8
  10. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

I think it a highly cynical take that they were inducted to shut them up. I would much rather people were involved and put their obvious interest and expertise to use in the creation of the product.

I am interested to see whether their input is actually used, but it does sound like some of the LM mods will now be coming as standard with the product which is a great step forward. Other people are now involved who know all about how EMUs should behave in each notch of the power lever so I hope to see some prototypical behaviour going forwards, which can perhaps be ported back into the 150.

• Like Like x 4
  11. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Well thats the most pessimistic view point possible without any hope left ;).

To involve modder and people knowing the routes & trains is probably best they can do. My personal guess is, skyhook might have future plans to extend this route. Visually the deliver very impressing content, and for aproving the vehicle there is london midland & ghawk lol ;).

As long skyhook cares about quick patches of the bugs im sure this route will be a must have.

12. OldVern

If that was aimed at me, I was not intentionally cynical. Simply putting the counterpoint that getting to be a beta tester - as we frequently see people clamouring to be - does come with its own particular baggage.

In fact I remember years ago when I had an offer to be a tester on TSC (or Railworks as it was then) you were required to have every single piece of DLC cluttering up your hard drive. No thank you and goodnight!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Bravo2six

Jasper has said the 150/2 is getting another go under the dev's hammer.

So fingers crossed

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 4
  14. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

Did he? Where did you see this?

• Like Like x 1
  15. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

He did, I think it must have been on here but I can't remember where, 50 is approaching and the grey cells are taking over!

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. cwf.green

cwf.green Well-Known Member

What a bizarre take.

17. matt#4801

I must have missed it then, or I too have just misplaced the information in my head somewhere!!

That is very good news though.

18. coursetim

coursetim Well-Known Member

I believe it was the roadmap Q&A thread if I remember right or the article thread. May be wrong though!

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  19. matt#4801

Thanks mate like I said before I must have completely missed or forgot it but it's brilliant news.

• Like Like x 1
  20. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Just want to nip something in the bud here...

People are invited to join the beta team, they are not obliged to do so, and when they join they sign an NDA. (Non Disclosure Agreement).

This covers discussion of UNRELEASED content only.

A beta team member is fully free to communicate their honest thoughts about a released product. If they don't like it there's no reason they can't say so, and they won't be treated any differently within the beta team for it. I guess the only way that it might be a problem is if the honest feedback given post release doesn't match what was said pre-release, in which case i'd probably have a conversation to find out why, and how we can improve the process to help bring that out pre-release. That said - it's not something I have any concerns about.

The only things we ask beta team members, in terms of communication is:

1. Limited to no discussion of UNRELEASED products. When it comes to simple clarifications of misunderstandings such as the one above with the compressor, that's perfectly acceptable.
    2. Once it's released, speak honestly and openly about thoughts but we ask they do NOT share private discussions on the beta team publicly. Communicate as if you weren't a member of the beta team.

We are happy for beta team members to disclose their status on the team, but of course little more than that. Some may wish to hide that they are beta team members and we should respect that, it's not a conspiracy. There are some people in the community who see finding out who beta tester is as if they are discovering a new "dent" in the armour of the NDA and start harassing them for information, I can fully respect and agree with anyone who just wants to not have that potential issue!

I just want to finish this up by saying - ghawk and londonmidland have been absolutely brilliant, some excellent feedback and theirs and the rest of the teams feedback have had a notable difference in the end result, very much appreciated, thank you.

Matt.

• Like Like x 25
    • Helpful Helpful x 5
  21. ARuscoe

I think the comment above was aimed more at the community's possible thoughts on what someone who is acknowledged as in the beta team for a specific product, and any comment thy make AFTER release.

For instance Mr Piano teacher has commented at length on the issues with the 150, how it drives, sounds etc as well as the 166. If such comments are made soon after release of the 158 these comments would have to be balanced by the fact that they had a hand in the creation / testing / configuration of the 158.

I'm sure internally to the Beta team they understand how the job works, how DTG work etc, but this doesn't change that those on the forums may look at the tester's comments differently to "normos"

• Like Like x 2
  22. ghawk2005

ghawk2005 Well-Known Member

Thank you - it has been a pleasure and glad it’s been of some help.

• Like Like x 3
  23. OldVern

Appreciate the clarification Matt. My main experience with beta testing was on Trainz many iterations ago and TBH it was a glorified play test. Most of what got fed back was immediately dismissed as not show stopping, so that kind of jaded my view of the process perhaps unfairly to towards those testing for DTG products. Another item I was involved in testing for more recently, simply dried up and I never heard any more after that.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Shaun123

Shaun123 Well-Known Member

My comment wasn’t meant in a negative way either towards DTG.

If anything, I wanted to highlight that being on the beta team doesn’t suddenly make a product 100% perfect.

And the two people most vocal in their criticism of DTG, may now appreciate that’s it not as easy as they thought and maybe now have an appreciation for the hard work DTG do. Rather than just “lazy DTG/Rivet/Skyhook, lazy beta team”.

• Like Like x 4
  25. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I'm sure those who choose to become beta testers do so for the best of reasons, to have some input into the final product and to satisfy a curiosity as to how the testing system works.

Being unable to comment on upcoming releases would be a small price to pay for some, a high one for others.

I should say that I was invited once and politely declined for a couple of reasons unconnected to NDA's etc.

I wonder though if those who choose to participate would be somewhat reticent about making critical comments after a product's release. Wouldn't they feel an affinity or loyalty to their " employer "? After all, by receiving a free product, they may be reluctant to " bite the hand " as it were.

I know that if I knew someone was a member of the " the team ", I would likely read their posts a little differently than I might otherwise. I would probably take their factual answers to questions more seriously than I do from some of the " DTG apologists " on the forums who are simply wannabes. But I might also take their panegyrics with a pinch of salt.

Just some thoughts

Last edited: Apr 11, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  26. DTG Matt

I think this is quite important, because I don't want the weight of a products quality being put on the beta testers shoulders.

"well you were involved, so why didnt you find x?" type comments for example.

They give a lot of great feedback, we will take on as much as we can but not all of it makes it in, and that's on us / partners - not them.

Bottom line whether a beta tester found the issue or not is irrelevant, any feedback on the route should be addressed to us. beta testers may then be free to take that feedback, wrap it around a baseball bat, and beat us with it privately on the beta discord while muttering "told you so" :)

We try to make sure that our beta process is additive and valuable to everyone including the tester and the time they are putting in. I certainly hope they feel that way also.

Not every bug raised will get fixed and sometimes things have to be "wont fixed" or "futured" depending on the severity of the issue and the proximity to release - but that's why I try to get the beta team involved as early as possible, because early days, almost everything can be accommodated. Clearly some times that can't be taken on board and that can leave a bit of a sour taste - but - we'll usually explain why and it's not without reasonable explanation.

I hope that the beta team are satisfied that, by and large, we adopt as much as reasonably possible of their feedback, but I won't put words in to their mouths :)

Matt.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 4
  27. olly.smail

olly.smail Well-Known Member

how do people get selected to become beta testers like for example is there a process when choosing people?

• Like Like x 3
  28. ghawk2005

I for one have found the whole experience very enjoyable and everyone on the team has been respectful and lovely to work with. :)

• Like Like x 5
  29. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

A general question. Considering that the PS5 users have been hit hard with delays a few times recently, Are any Beta Testers PS5 users?

• Like Like x 1
  30. DTG Matt

There is no official / formal process no.

I get recommendations from existing testers, or I notice people in the community and reach out to them, basically. It's not consistent but then we can't manage a big beta team either.

Matt.

• Like Like x 4
  31. TripleJ814

TripleJ814 Well-Known Member

69CD9C90-3095-435A-8D52-74139710DCED.jpeg
    F1DC8C4E-C894-4E48-B11B-D8E569FCAD70.jpeg
    Derby seems to look a little off in game (mostly commenting on the space between the two tracks, and the ballast colour)

• Like Like x 4
  32. DTG Matt

Not yet. Still unable to provide builds pre-release on PS platforms. We're doing it now on Xbox but even that isn't as early as the PC players can access it due to certification requirements (basically xbox beta team can't access it at all until it's been through the first cert - by which point it's virtually complete) - limits what they can provide feedback on but we take as much as we can again. The Xbox testers are up and running on Midland Mainline for example and we've taken on some of their feedback too, so the process works but is a bit more compressed than i'd like.

Matt.

• Like Like x 1
  33. ARuscoe

Or it proves their point that with proper testing and input these things can be released first time without needing to revisit

34. OldVern

Moving things forward a bit, shouldn't this be up for pre-order on Steam shortly?

Looks like an expensive month as the new Japanese route for TSC from Union Workshop looks very interesting, just a shame it's not a TSW release... ;)

• Like Like x 2
  35. ghawk2005

at the end of the day, all we are trying to do is help improve the game ! Nothing is ever going to be perfect, we all accept that.
    There are two groups of users. Those who just want to have a bit of fun here and there, click and go. And those of us who are genuine enthusiasts and have a passion for driving and hearing something that feels like the real thing. I don’t quite understand why people get personally insulted or attacked for someone criticising something they’re passionate about.

There’s just no need to get personal.

• Like Like x 5
  36. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

Thank you.

37. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Pre-order available on Steam now at 10%. Wish it was the same on xbox!

• Like Like x 1
  38. SteveRail

SteveRail Well-Known Member

Was on the roadmap q&a thread.

Edit: see others got there first

• Like Like x 1
  39. TripleJ814

Another two to add:

- the PIS on the 158 is wrong
    23475422-2E33-483F-B093-5F597698167C.png EEB5392F-D827-4A71-A3E6-77C446AF63AB.png

- There doesn’t appear to be TSW3 Snow Buildup on the route? LeftRhine is also missing it too, is the feature dropped now or are the screenshots being used just outdated?
    9D114E84-CE7D-4619-B63F-84D0391BCAD3.jpeg

40. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

Few from Facebook may have been posted elsewhere but I like them so uploaded here.
    339763131_780582149908838_7307068894132183278_n.jpg 339883403_243066108201309_857992355209855009_n.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  41. Irish Train sim

Irish Train sim Well-Known Member

Released on April 18th

42. alexjjones6024

alexjjones6024 Well-Known Member

The screenshot looks fine with snow, surely if it's gradual, a screenshot won't show this? The photo also depicts it snowing, so it's probably in progress to accumulate on the tracks/platform..

43. Ant Craft

Ant Craft Well-Known Member

Also, if it's been mentioned already, I apologise, but will the HST also have GSM-R too like the class 158?

Yeah, noticed that as soon as I saw the picture. Hope that they'll be able to change it to be more accurate to it's real life counterpart.

44. TripleJ814

Would need to wait for the preview stream (or release if they don't show winter in the preview) to be absolutely certain, but that one MML screenshot really does look like the TSW 2 snow, there's a big visual difference between them

Old Snow
    Old.gif

TSW3 Snow
    TSW3.gif

• Like Like x 5
  45. Bravo2six

I'll see if I can dig out the post again, Jasper said 150/2 was under the spotlight and myself and SteveRail? (I think) asked about the E-G issues aswell.

• Like Like x 2
  46. Bravo2six

Screenshot_20230411_194809_Chrome.jpg

47. alexjjones6024

alexjjones6024 Well-Known Member

ghawk2005 fancy liaising with Rivet about Jasper's query regarding the sounds? I know you have so much reference material etc, think we may need to revisit the drawing board...

• Like Like x 1
  48. matt#4801

Ha yes! Thanks anyway mate!
    Oh yes I remember seeing that now mate. Like I say my memory isn't what it was but that is very good news.
    Thanks for finding that for us mate.

• Like Like x 1
  49. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  50. ARuscoe

I think you've got it back to front...
    I am very glad they've spent time with people, listened and hopefully devved it properly
    Hopefully it doesn't get nerfed later on by updates.