Leaked Tsw Class 700/0

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by MikeOxlong, Mar 14, 2023.

1. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

[Removed]

2. olly.smail

olly.smail Well-Known Member

right well how’s that relevant to anything in here then? i’m not a ‘dummy’ if anyone’s dumb in here it’s you using insults to try be more powerful than others just because they have a valid point or question

• Like Like x 2
  3. Javelin

Javelin Well-Known Member

Dude you seriously need to chill out, people have been banned from these forums for insulting people in the same manner you have.

• Like Like x 2
  4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I live 100 yards from Gillingham station. The route is NOT accurate, it's a representation
    Otherwise I wouldn't have brought it up...

• Like Like x 2
  5. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

And that’s exactly what they’re meant to be. A representation….

• Like Like x 1
  6. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I think people reveal a lot about themselves when they feel safe behind a keyboard. If all people can resort to is childish insults then it is time to ignore them.

• Like Like x 5
  7. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

I've put him on my ignore list.

• Like Like x 4
  8. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

[Removed]

• Like Like x 1
  9. alexjjones6024

alexjjones6024 Well-Known Member

I'm not trying to argue, I can see a heated situation by a troll who wishes to insult/ verbally abuse members of the forum for having their view on a topic.

• Like Like x 2
  10. west coastway trains

west coastway trains Well-Known Member

I didn’t specifically call you out for this argument, I just pointed out how it was pathetic that people were arguing like this. No individual named was there

• Like Like x 2
  11. squerble

squerble Active Member

I'm still excited for the 700, but the bitter disappointment that there are no plans to bring it to the BML really tempers that excitement. BML needs the 700.

• Like Like x 7
  12. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

Absolutely agree with this. London Commuter, as one of the best routes with absolutely the most epic timetable in TSW history, deserves an upgrade to TOD 4 - and now the 700 should be such a reason for this; the BML is one of the 700's home routes after all!

• Like Like x 4
  13. Southern Driver

Southern Driver Active Member

Bit late to the party here I know, but I don’t understand. The 700 is being made for TSW but won’t be available on Brighton Commuter? Even though that’s the only current suitable route for it?

14. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

No, it's going to be release on SEHS. This means Rainham to Dartford (and then off-map to London). I don't know if they also go to Victoria, but these would be short services to Rochester.

15. ARuscoe

Why is BML more suitable than SEHS? Both would be partial runs for the 700 so both acceptable to a point.

16. west coastway trains

west coastway trains Well-Known Member

The BML is predominantly operated by 700s

17. ARuscoe

The southern end is, yes but "only suitable route" was the comment made. 700s run on more than the BML, even in TSW

18. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Come on, its like giving us a 1980's ECML and then not putting the HST on it. The only difference here is the 700 wouldn't even need to be reliveried to run on BML

• Like Like x 2
  19. ARuscoe

There's the small matter of two extra coaches... I'd say that's a fairly large thing to consider

20. redrev1917

700/0 DMCO-PTSO-MSO-TSOW-TSOLW-MSO-PTSO-DMCO
    700/1 DMCO-PTSO-MSO-MSO-TSO-TSOW-TSOLW-TSO-MSO-MSO-PTSO-DMCO

Its one extra type of coach a TSO. It shouldnt be beyond DTG to create that especially given similarities between that the MSO.

And lets be honest, we've a BR 101 without the correct Driving coach, we've express trains on SoS without a buffet car, so DTG cant fall back on the excuse we dont have a 700/1 TSO as theyve shown in the past theyre happy to use artistic license when it suits.

• Like Like x 4
  21. ARuscoe

It shouldn't have been beyond the whit of man (and who knows may still happen), still work to be done that's more than "a repaint" which again was the comment made

22. Southern Driver

Southern Driver Active Member

I must confess I hadn’t even thought of the 700s running on SEHS, mainly because the title of the route is High Speed and the 700s aren’t on that stretch they run on anything like high speed! But seriously, that’s my bad for not remembering they operate on the route, however they are only half hourly I think whereas on BML between Croydon and Three Bridges they must be every 10 mins or something. Perhaps it’s thought BML can’t cope with having them as AI?

23. ARuscoe

Past Dartford the max is 70mph, not sure on "inside" Dartford (though of course the HS in SEHS refers to HS1)
    They won't run High Speed on BML either, given the max for 3rd rail is 100mph (so not classed as high speed)

Yep, half hourly, but that's still every other train past Gravesend to Strood (bar the odd 465 in the week). Of course on BML they also run 24 hours whereas on NKL they don't

This was my assumption, though we know from Jo's comments on this forum that the paths have been left on BML for when the 700 DOES come

24. squerble

squerble Active Member

There's an interim step that I think Dovetail could take if BML first requires a number of optimisation passes. Add in the 700/0 on all 700/0 services as AI on the current BML timetable, but let a player run any of the 700/0 and 700/1 services with the 700/0. Then, as further optimisation happens and the game can handle having in both the /0 and /1 as AI, it can become fully-fleshed.

Oh, and drop the 375 temporary services between East Croydon and Redhill.

• Like Like x 3
  25. redrev1917

You could argue leaving off the engine mounts beneath the carriage (the main cosmetic difference) is less than a full repaint TBH.

26. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Is everyone here forgetting that Brighton Mainline can barely run with the layers it has at present?

Even if we had a /1, it would be a killer for Gen 8 consoles, or lower-spec PCs.
    BML's optimisation is not where it needs to be to add a loco DLC or any new layers to the timetable.

• Like Like x 3
  27. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

I agree. But its quite short sighted to have only a /0 for one route. :(

28. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

Yeah to be fair haha. Didn’t think about that.

29. cloudyskies21

Does it? Have completed nearly 600 services with London Commuter on Series X without hardly any issues; plus I'd imagine many would have said having a whole lot more freight services would have been an issue memory-wise etc, yet almost 20 brand-new freight services (plus a lot of AI-only traffic around Clapham Junction etc) came without problem. Obviously, I agree that the route would most likely need further optimisation, but if BML can only have the 700 with Gen 9 and PC, so be it - as Gen 8 doesn't have any of the GWR, Southeastern, freight services etc anyway.

• Like Like x 5
  30. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

if that would work to get the 700 onto BML, it seems a fair compromise unless theirs a better solution. it would be better to just copy and paste the timetable, in order to have two separate ones (one with 375 (original) and another with the 700 allotted in properly and no 375)

• Like Like x 2
  31. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Dropping services isnt a solution. And a community needs to beg for the 700 on bml isnt one either.

My system is on win7, so i know i have to upgrade by the end of this year. My point is pretending gen8 has an "immersive feature" in tsw is just wishful dreaming.

Dtg seems to have other problems, they are not even capable of creating a solid timetable with proper rolling stock anymore.

Tsw started from scratch with many empty stations due the lack of rolling stock. With dresden giesa dtg proofed whats possible with a lot of variety.

Nowadays i only hear excuses and i didnt have a "wow that is a great route" feeling with us and uk content this year.

I really dont care what they release, either a top product or lazy "ran out of time" crap, my trust is ruined in terms of tsw.
    If im gonna buy it, only on heavy sale during christmas.

32. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Well freight was already there from launch day. Like dtg said, adding multiple of the same services with the same unit doesn't have a big effect compared to a whole new unit. That's why last gens were able to get all 377 and 387 services even though it was over a thousand

• Like Like x 1
  33. AtherianKing

I meant dropping it for an exclusive timetable for the 700, that wouldn’t effect what’s already their just that a new timetable would include the 700 and not the 375, and just as a backup solution if it’s impossible not to include the 700 in the original timetable due to, too much stock.

Edit: I also wasn’t referring to any particular Gen/PC as when it was mentioned by DTG that BML couldn’t take on any more stock.”, they never referred to it as being an 8th Gen problem or anything to my memory of that talk.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  34. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Your suggestion is actually a good idea, i just hold against everything, which dtg gives another shortcut instead of working out a solution.

Too many dlcs have released with a very poor timetable. Poor because it was totally possible to make way more out of it with current stock in tsw. Peak forest smells already from shortcuts and "ran out of time" just by what was confirmed now.

• Like Like x 2
  35. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I would rather have prototypical daily services with the class 700 than the almost fictional layer with the class 375's. Although two timetables ala ECW would probably be a better solution.

• Like Like x 4
  36. AtherianKing

understandable, I do feel the lack of diesel layers for that route is another continuation of a problem similar and seemingly worse than the lack of LIRR Ai on Trenton.

37. trainsimplayer

I was expecting someone to say "but they added freight services" - that's not the point.

1 or 1,000 services for a train do the same amount to memory and stuff - it's about the unique rolling stock the game has to load in.
    It's been said time and time again that BML is very much at the tipping point - if you add a new train (the 700) to it, it would probably undo that fine balance and cause the route to fail.

As for Gen 8 - London Victoria in particular is generally just a total crash farm. It was impossible to get in to Victoria without a crash - and (when I had both BML and an Xbox One) the only way to not crash southbound was to stay in cab view, and not look out a side window.

It's all well and good for us Series X|S or PS5 players to say "oh, well it runs fine for me" - whilst we play on the most powerful consoles ever seen...

38. BeastyBill88

BeastyBill88 Well-Known Member

In regards to the 700 services, why not have it sub in some of the 377 services as well? You can see this on the Diesel Legends of Great Western where you'd get the same express and freight services run by either the 47, 40, 45 & 52. In my opinion that would work best instead of removing or replacing services on the bml.

39. redrev1917

So by that arguement removing the 1 a day AI only HST frees up enough memory for the 700?

Somehow if it was that easy I'd think they do that.

Actually thinking about it, a HST is 4 types of rolling stock isn't it? HST, 1st class, buffet & 2nd class, whereas a 700/1 would be 6.

40. AtherianKing

It would have to depend on how much difference a service makes in terms of memory impact compared to a loco.

but possibly the answer is yes.

their is also a question on whether they would put in the 700 layers even if they could though, Trenton and Peak forest seems to suggest otherwise…

41. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

My understanding is that BML's timetable is so crowded, the dispatcher can't handle any additional load without breaking down.

42. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

That's only partly true. Once any AI train enters a portal and starts running - whether it duplicates another model or not - it puts demand on the dispatcher and continues to do so until the train leaves the map. In fact this is a far more persistent problem, because the asset burden on memory only exists while the train is in a loaded tile, close to the player POV.

• Like Like x 1
  43. trainsimplayer

Well, yes, however with the 700 in service for the entire day the timetable represents, it would pretty much always be an issue.

44. trainsimplayer

I think this is what would happen, although as a Multiple Unit it may be different for the 700.

45. redrev1917

Logically the 700 should be performance heavy, with in effect 4 powered vehicles in the formation (are the Pantographs motored, because if they're then its 6 powered vehicles). I'm kinda of going against my own argument here, but the more I think about it the more reasons I come up with why it cant feature in BML.

46. cloudyskies21

Was hoping the new route would have featured the 700, kind of concerned this much-requested loco will just be initially for 45-minute Rainham services on SEHS (a route which is starting to feel very repetitive and cumbersome now we've had the RHTT, 37 ROG and effectively the route twice anyway (TSW 2 and upgraded TSW 3 version).

When the 700 was confirmed, London Commuter should have got a TOD 4 upgrade and optimisation for the 700. If London Commuter can't have the 700 due to memory reasons, why bother with such loco in the first place!

• Like Like x 3
  47. olly.smail

olly.smail Well-Known Member

maybe the glossop route is there to fill a gap and also the fact the 700 is taking a while to be produced is because there could be a route for it in the background being developed

• Like Like x 1
  48. ARuscoe

The 700 runs on other routes... BML is all well and good but there's places outside of the Croydon corridor it can be employed in the future

49. cloudyskies21

Of course, I welcome many new routes that would have a 700 which would be fantastic. Though if DTG choose to have a 700 loco DLC, I don't think it's unreasonable - obviously depending on memory-issues and optimisation of course - to want it for London Commuter considering the 700 is synonymous with the BML.

The inclusion of the 700 for London Commuter in TSW is vital if DTG want to represent a majority of the Thameslink network south of the Thames though as you can't have every new TL route just being AC north of the Thames - otherwise that defeats the whole point of TL and what it serves, hence the name.

• Like Like x 1
  50. ARuscoe

Although loads of the 700s head down the BML they're also "synonymous" with the CML past Rochester, The Elephant and Castle route to Orpington and Sevenoaks (a few stations there are only operated by TL) as well as the Sutton Loop

So yea, important for BML IF they want it to look like IRL, the 700 does need to be there at some point

Then again I say backdate it, get the 319 on there and we can all do cattle class

• Like Like x 1