PlayStation Class 47 Trans Pennine Query

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Duncan Mcintyre, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Duncan Mcintyre

Duncan Mcintyre New Member

I left Huddersfield and my next station was Stalybridge. I could not get the 47 beyond 41 mph on the gradient out and was so late, even getting to Stalybridge driving well over the limit, I was well late. Is it a timing or operator error? Secondly, my braking system controllable on the pad is the straight brakes whereas during the tutorial, it was the main braking system. How do I switch brakes to be controlled via the d pad?

2. Gswales

Gswales Member

You can change the brake systems by pressing the square button on the ps4 controller

3. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Im struggling to keep to times. More so with the 101. For me, its a case of approaching the stations faster.

4. Gswales

Gswales Member

With the 101 dmmu fair to say it took me quite a few runs of the line to judge where to start breaking etc but I have found my own groove with it at the moment

5. Gswales

Gswales Member

Just from my initial finding with speed limits permitting power up through the gears to 4th help get up to speed. With breaking I will start applying the breaks gently at first at around 0.9 to 0.8 from the station. They my way I do it try it might work for you or you might have to alter it slightly

6. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Cant use the triggers for braking. Find myself having to use the cursor in order to apply, lap and release much quicker.

7. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Im ok sticking to the time table as far as huddersfield (leeds-manchester) then i ended up 20 mins late, i havent got used to the braking yet

8. Manclion

Manclion Well-Known Member

It's quite a climb upto Marsden through the tunnel then it's downhill to Stalybridge especially with load 8 or 9 on. I got to Stalybridge 3 late but arrived at Victoria on-time.

9. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Ive since got used to the brakes and im on time now, but yes it quite the climb there

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

At full throttle can you overload tge traction motors. I ran a 47 between Dewsbury and Huddersfield, left it on full power. Noticed the amps had gone and the train plateau at 30 mph. A quick release and re apply of throttle - back heading 50-60 mph again.

11. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Same with me last night