Alexander Railroad Development And Construction Project.

Discussion in 'Creators Club' started by Nick_Brad, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Nick_Brad

Nick_Brad Member

Hello everyone, as mentioned in the "Third party route/locomotive plans" thread, I am planning to recreate the seemingly popular Alexander Railroad in North Carolina.

Although Matt Peddlesden did mention in the editor preview stream that he has been working on this route to familiarise himself with the editor tools, (and so the potential for a duplicate route exists,) I have been in love with this shortline for a number of years and despite living a few thousand miles away, I am determined to have a crack at it. If well received, who knows, I may even be encouraged to press on and build along the NS trackage, from Oyama Yard in Hickory N.C to Salisbury N.C, encompassing the crossover and junction at Barber N.C along the way. All that is in the distant future though, first I want to proceed with the 20 route miles from Taylorsville to Statesville as far as the exchange sidings.

With that in mind, I have requested information assistance from the Alexander Railroad group on facebook, whilst going as far as to trace out the "mainline" and the first few spurs, starting at Taylorsville on google earth. Anyone wishing to follow my progress and give advice can do so with the file here. I am also actively scouring the internet for pictures and articles on the line, I have the various websites and youtube videos that feature the ARR all saved for quick access.

Whilst I have played around with creating fictional routes within TS1, this will be my first attempt at recreating an actual route and so I expect progress will be slow, beyond the basic route laying. However, this will not be a commercial endeavour, so everyone with the base game (and possibly the GP40-2 Loco Add-On for the additional rolling stock,) will be able to play and hopefully enjoy.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Thelonius16

Thelonius16 Well-Known Member

That's exciting. Glad to hear about your project.

I live about 45 minutes from Statesville. Let me know if you need help getting photos or have questions that can be answered by direct observation.

Building out the line all the way to the museum in Spencer would provide a ton of options for running any kind of train as well.

3. Nick_Brad

Nick_Brad Member

Any help with photos will be greatly received. Sadly I cannot plan a trip over there, certainly not this year, so i'm reliant on pictures on the net and street view for the scenery.