Upcoming Release Master The East Midlands!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Alex, Apr 12, 2023.

1. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

It was the actual livery FB_IMG_1681419742562.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. li150special

li150special Well-Known Member

Just watched the video and noticed three odd things. Maybe helpful for Skyhook (if they read here).

- in the Class 158, there were constant cloud reflections on the inside of the windscreen and the left window which should not be there.
    - in the HST, when showing the interior of the passenger cars, the headlights flickered and got dark, as if they were actually windows.
    - when stopping at one station and closing the doors, the signals in view suddenly went from bright to quite dark.

• Like Like x 5
  3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

This issue actually made me stop watching the stream early. I would have only watched another ten minutes or so because I had stuff to do but while I was watching numerous people mentioned it in the chat but the guys on the stream were talking about inconsequential stuff and it seemed like it was being ignored so I stopped watching. I don’t know if they talked about it later on in the stream but as an issue it was right there in front them, glaringly obvious, and shouldn’t have been ignored. It’s not the first time bad reflections have had an adverse effect on the view from the front of a TSW train and in reality all internal reflections should be removed from windscreens so this issue can’t happen. I think it’s the sky from behind the train that is being reflected, which is obviously not right.

I’ll watch the rest of the stream at some later point.

• Like Like x 13
  4. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

I also noticed that the in carriage PIS screen said “This is Matlock” at the start at Derby Station. This should be corrected. I pointed this out in the chat, but it was ignored. IMG_0491.png A small error in the context of their magnificent route. We may all have different opinions once we get it in our hands and play it, but from what Matt showed us on the stream, it looked pretty good and promising.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2023
  5. Archytoothis

Archytoothis Member

Another smaller, admittedly rivet-counterish, thing I noticed, the buffet car on the HST is the wrong way round. The 1st class seating area is normally adjacent to the following 1st class coaches, not the standard class.

• Like Like x 1
  6. brickmaster#7638

brickmaster#7638 Well-Known Member

Oh wow, i thought that the picture is from TSW for a second
    But I haven’t seen the stream yet so maybe there really is a difference

• Like Like x 1
  7. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Watched a bit of the stream while exercising (well from where trains actually started moving) and did breath a sigh of relief over my pre-order. Route doesn't look quite as bad as I thought.
    158 looks and sounds good, a bit quiet in the cab but I guess that is prototypical.
    A few issues in the first 20 minutes or so maybe already flagged but worth repeating...
    That 10 MPH (or is it 15) at Long Eaton is really going to catch people out and DTG Matt really illustrates why the HUD either needs to show more than one upcoming limit or default to the lowest speed limit if the braking distance from the previous limit is insufficient. Obviously a real driver will have route knowledge, but the instinct of many virtual drivers after the speed controlled approach signal clears will be to see the 70 and, as Don Coffey puts it, "Give it the Beans".
    The cab shadowing is a bit insidious and needs to be dealt with but the saloon looks better than the original preview screenshot, though still a bit over bright.

Didn't watch anything with the HST as ran out of time (Mrs Vern wanted me off the exercise bike and Trainz Model Railway building beckons) but will try and catch a bit more tomorrow.

• Like Like x 3
  8. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

Yes I noticed and mentioned this in the other mml thread as is the issue that has stuck out to me most.

• Like Like x 1
  9. mikec1701d

mikec1701d Active Member

I’ve just noticed that too. The catering vehicle is the wrong way around!

You’re spot on.

Dovetail - I’ve worked HSTs (had them on my diagrams regularly for a number of years) which includes an EMR set and a converted EMR to VTEC set and can say with 100% certainty that the catering vehicle is the wrong way around.

Okay, so you have your first class coaches, then the catering vehicle. The first class seating in the catering vehicle leads on the the other first class coaches. The bar area leads to the vestibule linking to the standard class accommodation. In fact I have a pic in my photo library showing the bar area vestibule leading on the the standard class coaches which I’m happy to upload if references are needed.

It’s weird too because your GWR HST has the catering vehicle the correct way round.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Bertil Persson

Bertil Persson Active Member

It's a good route as far as I can see. As I live in Sweden, I don't have anything to compare with. The sound seems good. The Class 43 seem a bit sluggish. Maybe that's because there's different engine? The GWR version isn't that much faster either. I see that the sky reflects on the windows. That's realistic, but you shouldn't have the reflections inside in the cab. Same issue att Birmingham. Still, I'm on. Have preordered it.

11. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

I notice this often happens in livestreams, particularly when previewing a new add on.. They are putting out the party line as it is a sales pitch. Anything that is seen in a bad light is ignored. I’m going to look at the stream now as I am interested in the route but would like to see it in action first.

• Like Like x 1
  12. sam#2862

sam#2862 Well-Known Member

on the map of the route in the article included them but we can't even use them so why bother

13. sam#2862

thats what I did stupidly before l played it and though this is boring, empty and sounds horrible

14. sam#2862

bugs/errors I noticed
    the interior PIS was displaying Matlock depite being at Derby
    there is a weird reflection on cab window in the 158
    the font of the PIS looks wrong (outside the 158 at the front)
    not a bug but the front of the 158 looks weird maybe its the colours or something it looks like its modelled right it just looks weird I don't know how to explain it.
    when the158 begins to accelerate it should rev up and then whistle as it revs down and hold at not idle but whatever notch your in but in TSW it whistles just and then holds the rev rather than the proper growl it makes just before it moves which isn't always extremely noticeable on some because they are fairly old now but it is very noticeable if you watch AP's EP video

15. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

The rev up and down was at notch 3 when Matt did an external departure when he got to the second station when he first showed off the 158. At notch 5, it revved up and held the rev.

16. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Will the GWR HST becoming to livery editior along with the midland HST?

• Like Like x 1
  17. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

Yes I believe the current plan according to April roadmap article is to have the HST Livery release with the Midland Mainline route.

18. sam#2862

it revs up and holds it doesn't rev down listen to AP's version vs TSW's

19. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Yes Adam has said that the MML HST will beat the GWE HST to the livery editor .

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  20. antony.henley

No it will follow after the release of MML.

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  21. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

ok thanks

22. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

On the “10 in10” YouTube video released this weekend, the last feature was having the HST layer into the SEHS timetable. Now I’m really interested! Does anyone l ow about these service? How many? AI or drivable?

23. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

232 AI-only EMT services for the St Pancras area with HSTs running 6tph in each direction. :)

• Like Like x 13
  24. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

My guess would be A.i layer, but i dont know the services in detail. Not sure they operate on the sehs line or just leave the map after st.pancras.

• Like Like x 1
  25. marcsharp2

In reality they would just leave the map after leaving St Pancras.

26. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Highly unlikely any of them will be driveable on SEHS.

• Like Like x 1
  27. marcsharp2

Only way would be a sneaky Railtour on the third rail section.

28. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Nice railtour with the double headed 45, even if they havent been equiped with bluestar equipment (despite some have the stickers lol). But for the tour tandem working is still an option. The 45/1 with ETH supply have no jumper socket + no engine control pipe, so no MU working unfortunately, which is made well in tsw.

Im probably just shutting down the second engine, but since DTG was "running out of time" when doing the hose connections, the player will bleed out of main reservoir on the second engine because they are not connected. I understand vacuum and air hose have to be separate because how tsw works, but the yellow Main Res equalizing hose should connect any time both Vac & Air conditions!

TSW3_Meridian_1681762598_00.png

TSW3_Meridian_1681762608_00.png

29. antony.henley

Challenge accepted!!!

• Like Like x 2
  30. i think this points to a easter egg and that MML London to Bedford is coming down the line i hope im right its such a great route

• Like Like x 1
  31. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

And that would be where TSW ends up totally daft, with three orphaned sections of the same route - London to Bedford, Leicester to Derby etc., and Ambergate to Chinley and Buxton albeit the latter in a different time period. For once it would be nice to get one long joined up sensible run.

• Like Like x 3
  32. 100% with that i think its time for joining of routes dovetail need to start looking at longer routes even if they are only for PC and next gen i think also a new memory bay would come handle unreal 5 is the way to go but dovetail are so scared on moving a big step after the last one they did was so called to hard work

33. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Would be heading towards Leicester I'd imagine with intermodals out of East Mids Gateway.

34. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Intermodals from East Mids Gateway do not head through Leicester. They go down to Syston and then take the curve, heading towards Peterborough.

You do get intermodals through Leicester however they run on the Peterborough to Birmingham line, which are operated by mostly GBRf.

• Like Like x 3
  35. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

My bad, don't sign over that way. My knowledge stops at Nuneaton P6/7 on that route ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  36. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

So there are nearly twice as many AI services added in one station on SEHS as playable services on the whole DLC route? SEHS is becoming an absolute diamond among DLCs, but for MML, that's quite jarring.
    Also, I didn't pay much attention to the route prior, but this combined with the promo image is very misleading, combined with the route map above it borders on false advertising.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2023
  37. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

Well STP should be busier because you'd never see Corby or Cricklewood ECS trains north of Leicester, realistically.

• Like Like x 5
  38. johnmcglade17

johnmcglade17 Active Member

On the The class 158 The God panel He's not working properly It's shutting your door as well before you get to enter the train

• Like Like x 1
  39. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

On the other hand, Sprinters count towards the MML number of services and not the SEHS.

40. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

Ah, I forget there's not just London bound trains up there, oops. But SEH's services use HSTs on HST and Meridian diagrams, which may be why there's more. As well as also the Corby or Cricklewood ECS trains.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  41. marcsharp2

I love all the hard work you put into these timetables, god knows how you do it, I imagine caffeine plays a role lol. Howwwwwever I've remembered that when the line is closed between Leicester and Kettering, some trains reverse at Leicester and head back north to turn off at Syston Junction and head to Corby via Melton Mowbray and Manton, I'd love to see something like that added in the future lol.

42. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Just because it's next gen doesn't mean route building gets any easier. The consoles have nothing to do with route length. Dtg also aren't going to just abandon last gen consoles and give them a shorter experience.

Ue5 won't happen due to it not being used by everyone. Moving to ue5 isn't magically gone to make the game better.

43. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

Never had a caffeine thing in my life lol. And wouldn't that only serve to reduce the number of AI at STP if they don't go further south?

• Like Like x 1
  44. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Joe, do you know if the MML layers as well as the HST layer for SEHS are on last gen consoles as well?

45. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

Working out if a route is stable on older gens isn't something I do. I just add trains until something snaps :D but so far I have not been asked to make them gen 9 only. This may change, I do not know. That's SEHS anyway. I do not know the situation of MML layers, sorry!

• Like Like x 4
  46. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info, good to hear that!
    I’m assuming it should be all fine since SEHS performance has always been satisfactory for me on PS4 and St. Pancras was only populated be the 395 until now (except of course the rare TGV or ICE appearance :)).

In general, performance has been so good for me on PS4 since the Add-Ons manager update - even on London Commuter!

47. marcsharp2

I was thinking more about AI at Leicester if it was possible lol, back in the HST days there was an ECS/Driver route learning from St Pancras to Leicester via Corby/Melton Syston Junction, ran into Platform four at Leicester and then reversed and headed back to St Pancras via Syston Junction, Melton, Corby etc. Used to get into Leicester about lunch time.

48. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

Oh I see. No idea if that would be possible, I didn't make the MML TT sorry :|

• Like Like x 1
  49. hiromaru

hiromaru Active Member

The type of the round shape 1 light to announce previously with a signal does not function with just a decoration

• Like Like x 1
  50. bhoot0948

bhoot0948 New Member

I wonder were the 66 goes for the freight run if the power station is not in use,,,what a shame,oh well im from Nottingham its a day one purchase for me.
    Evon Executor Mobile

Last edited: Jun 24, 2023
    • Like Like x 1