Ap 66 Ep Loco Issues.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sparraboy, Apr 14, 2023.

1. sparraboy

sparraboy Member

Hi folks
    I posted up a question/issue in the Locoswap thread about a problem with the class 66 AP pack and the fact that it wouldn't load. (The answer was a pretty common/simple mistake on my part). After installing the missing (1) of the required DTG packs to run the AP mod it still wouldn't load. I now believe that it isn't a problem with LS as all of the requirements are now green in LS but the loco will not load even though it shows the link to the required pack/skin. I have tried in QD mode and it throws an error on every route I try which leads me to believe the AP pack is not installed properly or there is something else interfering with the loco.
    Can anyone give me a clue as to where the problem may be? It is showing in LS and in TS Tools with no issues/ missing consist but I cannot get it to load. It will initially show as a selection in game with QD and with all available skins from the AP pack and in the loco selection window, but when I try to activate it in ANY scenario/QD the load will fail and then it shows the unavailable icon in the menu. I am not sure what is causing this issue but I am not able to uninstall the AP pack (A known issue) so cannot start from scratch and I really don't want to reinstall the whole game. Ta. :)

2. kilt46

kilt46 Active Member

Hi. My experience with ALL AP products is that the original requirement packs need to be loaded first. The AP pack then uses these elements and adds to them. If you load the AP pack first it will be missing the correct structure to overlay against.

Hope this helps

• Like Like x 1
  3. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

When you load an AP EP pack the last thing it does is copy the Geo files.
    It is the DOS box that pops up wizzing thru the files it copies.

If the base loco is not present it has nothing to copy.

• Like Like x 1
  4. sparraboy

sparraboy Member

I just install through the standard .ex that comes with the download and yes it runs the same black box with the install of files. the same as the .Bat file that you get with any other install

5. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Had you previously installed the required DTG locos Before installing the AP pack?

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. sparraboy

sparraboy Member

No I had 1 loco missing, so I installed the AP pack again once I had the loco in place. I would prefer to completely uninstall the AP pack and start again, would this just be a case of removing the 66 from the ap folder?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2023
  7. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

AFAIK the AP packs (unfortunately) do not come with an uninstaller as such.

8. kilt46

kilt46 Active Member

Reload your base software then load the AP version on top

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Not sure how effective what this will be, but try deleting the Armstrong Powerhouse 66 folder, then go to all RSC Class 66s packs and delete everything except the .AP file in each. Then try reinstalling it.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

The relevant RSC 66 packs aren't in .AP files

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. kilt46

kilt46 Active Member

It is always a good choice to repair all local files. If you already have the DLC from Steam downloaded this should fix all of your purchased DLC. Then add the Armstrong file(s).

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. sparraboy

sparraboy Member

Right I have uninstalled the 3 class 66 from the Steam library and have taken out the AP 66 folder and all of the RSC 66 folders. I then added back one by one the 3 '66 steam folders only to find that the Freightliner is causing a disk write error which wouldn't allow me to even verify the folder. I am now verifying the entire folder (which I didn't want to do as it's extreme) I've checked the drive and it shows no errors I've also deleted the download cache and that hasn't changed a thing. It now looks like the FL 66 file is not liking something that has been installed by AP (my fault I know) so it may be a re-install :(
    Update- I have done a repair/verify and it has found no errors but when I try to install the FL 66 through Steam it comes with a Write Disk Error again so I am at a loss as to what to do next?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2023
  13. sparraboy

sparraboy Member

I have again tried to download the FL 66 and it refuses to download. It does not show in the library nor do the EDI-GLA scenarios show in either career or standard so this tells me it has not installed at all. The download will reach the 98% mark then throw the error. I have completely signed out and back in again and have restarted the PC besides the DW error I have also had a Timeout error as well which leads me to a server issue. Is it worth opening a ticket with DTG to see if they can provide me with a working copy?
    Thanks for all the help so far, much appreciated :)

14. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Sounds like an issue with your Steam download.
    Firstly I'd contact Steam support and see what they can do.
    All DTG would do would be to ask for proof of purchase and then maybe send you another key for the FL 66 on Steam.

• Like Like x 1
  15. sparraboy

sparraboy Member

I have already gone to SS but the answer is to go to the original dev as it's their product. I have again uninstalled the FL 66 in the steam library and TSC will update with a very short download (Although I don't believe it's uninstalling anything just updating) Then I add the 66 and Steam will start the download but fail on the same error. I feel I have done everything that can be asked on my end and have proved that there are no issues with my install or with my hardware. I have at the same time managed to update 4 other games that were in the queue so downloading is not a problem. Thanks for the reply though :)

Last edited: Apr 16, 2023
  16. sparraboy

sparraboy Member

I am going to try one more thing as per DTG instructions and delete the shared and redistributables files then verify then restart and fingers crossed the 66 should be there! Many thanks for sticking with this 'round the houses' thread :)

17. sparraboy

sparraboy Member

No luck this is just not going to work I used DTG instructions to delete files and verify. Shut down steam restart pc the sign back in. Steam tries to install the loco on start up but fails. This is now a verified install. I have gone to steam support and it just takes you around in circles with official support bringing a 403 error. I am now going to try DTG as I have followed all of their instructions to the letter.

18. sparraboy

sparraboy Member

Well as was expected by those who know what they are talking about I installed a vanilla copy and the loco has installed. Now to install the AP packs then try and put back all of the route addons I had. Do I take it that By adding the AP packs before the routes I should be ok? i.e Base loco/AP packs (in order of enhancement/branding/extra stock) then install routes and finally any loco enhancements i.e nameplates or reskins? I'd like to know where it messed up so bad so I don't do it again. I really thought that by adding the correct locos it would all fall into place but it seems that order of install is of major importance. AP could really do with a uninstaller, or maybe I should pay attention to the clear instruction a little more.

19. kilt46

kilt46 Active Member

As long as you load the AP files last you should be good.
    Respectfully

20. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I would install the routes before AP Packs - Why would you install the packs if you have no where to run them

• Like Like x 1
  21. cygnet0115

cygnet0115 Member

I have an issue with the AP66 Enchancement pack not the one above though mine is all the scenario's
    are okay apart from the two involving the class 66 Chinook it will not load saying i am missing assets
    which i am not, i was just wondering if anybody had encounted the same problem any advice would be
    helpful thanks. 20230421124248_1.jpg

22. kilt46

kilt46 Active Member

Looks like you are missing the Class 170 for this scenario. Please provide the name of the scenario and I will check my version.

Respectfully

23. kilt46

kilt46 Active Member

Just completed 4M02 17:20 Felixstowe South - Hams Hall (Part 1) which uses the Class 66 First GBRf (NL) (L2) AP Chinook. What was interesting is that my version only had i rolling stock with Class 170 (Class 170 DMSL Ex-AR Rev (GA) AP / Class 170 DMCL Ex-AR Rev (GA) AP). Both items look different to the error you showed. I would suggest redownload the Class 66 Pack.

Now to be clear the Class 170 is using the Thompson Class 170 - Thomson\Class170Pack01\RailVehicles\Class170\Ex-Anglia_Rev_AP
    Maybe you need to purchase this?

You can see on my website the run I made on this scenario

https://sites.google.com/view/trainsimulatorcontent/misc/ap-rolling-stock

Respectfully

24. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The error quotes the GA version - not the Ex-Anglia_Rev_AP - had you swapped the Default 170 for the AP version?

25. kilt46

kilt46 Active Member

It was a long time ago that I was debugging this specific issue. I think at the time I recognized that it was looking for an Anglian Class 170 so I searched the internet for the Anglian skin as it was not supplied in the DTG BR Class 170 ‘Turbostar’ DMU Add-On. I am not sure where the Class 170 originally came from. Whether there was an original affiliaton between DTG and Thompson. It looks like the DTG pack creates a 'Thompson' folder and populates this. AP must be using this folder to build its Class168/170/171 rolling stock on to. I can say that ALL of the AP Scenarios use the folder Thomson\Class170Pack01\RailVehicles\Class170\ to house the AP Enhancements. Maybe make sure you have the DTG BR Class 170 ‘Turbostar’ DMU Add-On purchased and loaded first before you load the AP Class168/170/171 Enhancement pack. Hopefully this might fix your issue?

To be more specific this IS an AP Scenario which came with the Class 66 AP Enhancement pack to it will by default select an AP Class 170. I believe I have not tampered with the original Scenario.

Respectfully

Last edited: Apr 22, 2023
  26. cscarpenter

cscarpenter Well-Known Member

May I suggest re-downloading and installing the AP Extra Sock packs for the Class 66
    https://www.armstrongpowerhouse.com/free_download/AP_Class_66_Enhancement_Pack_Extra_Stock.zip
    and the Class 170
    https://armstrongpowerhouse.com/free_download/AP_Class_168-170-171_Enhancement_Pack_Extra_Stock.zip
    Not installing the extra stock packs is a common failing with AP scenarios not working.
    As with all AP enhancements read the requirement list and make sure you have them all, including the additional Branding & Extra Stock packs.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2023
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  27. cygnet0115

cygnet0115 Member

Hi everybody thanks for your replies,all the other scenario's work on the AP66 enchancement pack,
    i have had problems before with AP Packs played them left them played them again after a while and they
    dont work,contacted support had a few e-mails back and forth but with nothing resolved even sent AP a screenshot
    of the scenario's i have played before which now don't work but i got no reply.

28. kilt46

kilt46 Active Member

What is the current error you are witnessing so that we can see if we can help. Thx