PC Tsw Very Difficult To Control

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by enmanhk, Dec 24, 2018.

1. enmanhk

enmanhk New Member

Hi all,
    I bought TSW on Steam three days ago. I found it extremely difficult to control, whether I used keyboard plus mouse or Xbox 360 controller plus mouse.
    Please let me know how I can get access to the user manual or any "how to play" guide.
    Many thanks.
    Merry Christmas.
    Charlie

2. Sintbert

Sintbert Well-Known Member

The links to manuals are on the steamstore pages of the DLC and the basegame. Also, play the introductions to the locos.

3. Gordon7000

Gordon7000 Active Member

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
  4. hightower

hightower Guest

Might I also suggest, that if you’re struggling to understand the ‘ethos’ behind train driving, take a look on YouTube. There are some great videos of people playing the game which ought to help you understand it.

5. Puffing Nora

Puffing Nora Guest

A few thousand tons with a tiny wheel footprint with air brakes will take a bit of adjustment. As the above suggest take the time to figure it out and do the tutorials. Finally set yourself some gates. Mine are based on entering a station at 20mph, so i want to be slowing to 60 by the time it appears in view. Better to be too slow than emergency braking into every stop. Learn the signals in detail. They are there to help you.

6. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

There are training scenarios in game, loads of tutorials and vids online showing gameplay and the manual of course. Just remember it's not a car you're simulating, and in real life it takes upwards of a mile for some trains to stop from even medium speeds and that's what they're trying to recreate

7. ProfCreeptonius

ProfCreeptonius Well-Known Member

Hi there!
    *Shameless self-promotion*
    You can find many of my guides to various topics all around these forums, just look up my posts :) If you have exact questions, feel free to ask me or any other community member. NorthRail1 , cActUsjUiCe , Lawjester , StevenJam, pschlik and and many more are the pros here, they can help you with anything :D

Cheers,
    Prof.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

This manual is fantastic. Didnt know it existed. Is there a library of sorts that have all of them?

9. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

The store page for each DLC has a link to the manual for that route. Some manuals have more detail than others.

10. ARuscoe

As others have said, each DLC download page on steam should have a manual link, and in TSx there is a manuals folder in the installation folder which contains them as well so there may well be similar on TSW. I have a shortcut to the manuals on my desktop for TSx

11. Schnauzahpowahz

Thanks, found them on the steam page with the appropriate dlcs. Theyre nice manuals, lot of info i had no clue about. Spent at least an hour reading most of them
    Didnt see any for the individual locos...

12. ARuscoe

Yeah, just looked myself and neither the class 33 nor the GP40-2 seem to have their own manual.

TrainSim-Dmitri one for you?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Schnauzahpowahz

By the help of you all in this forum i was able to switch up the signaling to the top right side of screen and move some hud around, its much better.
    The guides im still perusing too, using the safety devices and alternate train control has amped up the play for me. The german locos and lines are daunting. Started with GWE for the time being

• Like Like x 1
  14. ex_railwayman

ex_railwayman Active Member

None of the Locomotives/Multiple Units in any of the routes offered so far have Manuals, as they all have basic how-to-drive tutorials built into each route to enable players to learn how to operate them properly, from cold starts right through to driving along the track braking and speeding up, I don't understand why a manual would be required when you have learnt how to drive them properly?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
  15. Schnauzahpowahz

Well, theyre different locos. No telling where certain safety measure and controls are without looking round the cab for an hour trying to figure it out

16. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

Hi Guys,

All is noted on the Class 33 manual, I did want to do a manual but the person I was relying on for the information was away on holiday at the time. However, I'm working on it right now as I write this - so hopefully will be ready soon.

For the GP40-2, the operation is identical to the SD40-2 and GP38-2, and operating instructions can be found in the base Train Sim World Manual. We felt it wasn't necessary to do a manual for the GP40-2 due to this operating in the same way but I'm open to hearing your views on how you feel about it.

Best, Steve

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. ARuscoe

Is this noted anywhere?
    If not, is it worth generating a dummy manual for the unit saying along the lines of "this is all exactly the same control layout and operation as x unit, and here's a link to that manual..."

18. Sintbert

Hi TrainSim-Steve

It would be really helpful if there would be separate Manuals for every loco accessible from inside the Loco.. just like on a real loco where there is a detailed manual in a binder somewhere. This would solve all those Problems with the people not knowing where to find them.

I imagine it like this:
    There is a pretty obvious binder on in every cab of the locos. When you open it, it pauses the game like the menu and you get a selection screen. In there you can open the documentation for the loco and the route you are on, and whatever else you choose to put in. The manuals then open in the game so it is consistent with consoles.

• Like Like x 3
  19. TrainSim-Steve

Interesting thinking, thanks ARuscoe.

That is the ultimate goal is to get them into the software but I'm not sure we're anywhere near that yet. However, really liking the "outside the box" thinking here Sintbert.

Best, Steve

20. Schnauzahpowahz

Bang on !

• Like Like x 1
  21. Sintbert

https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-us/Engine/UMG/UserGuide/WidgetTypeReference/WebBrowser
    It may not be simple to display a PDF ingame, but a simple webpage with text, images and CSS may be easy to do.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  22. TrainSim-Steve

Hi Sintbert,

Thanks for sharing that with us, I'll make sure it's shared with the team.

Best, Steve

23. ex_railwayman

ex_railwayman Active Member

Write it down in a notebook, like I do during the tutorials, we can't remember everything on every loco and multiple unit, you can read the book whilst you're in the game afterwards, keep things simple.
    Don't forget that the vast majority of locos and units in TSW we already have manuals for them in TS2019, just print them off, they will do the job just fine.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  24. Juan Manuel Luengo

Juan Manuel Luengo Active Member

Greetings, Steve. I want the Class 33 manual or a holiday as long as the author of the manual fiancé. Which is easier. :D

• Like Like x 1
  25. SLS

SLS New Member

How goes it with this manual Steve? :)