PlayStation Gwr Updates

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by byeo, Jan 22, 2019.

1. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

I’d love to see the GWR updated to give us the Class 800/0 & 800/3. Does anyone think we’ll get an update of the GWR or is that it for GWR and they’ll concentrate on new routes instead?

I’m itching to try something new but unfortunately older trains aren’t my thing. Here’s hoping their next DLC is something more modern.

• Like Like x 2
  2. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Their current goal currently is to get more routes in to increase the variety. So i dont see them expanding any of the current DLC.
    Since the game is still relative new (for a game like this) the most important part is to get a bigger library of routes that attract a wider audience.

They do add sometimes new locos for existing DLC as a DLC though. But i think currently they would only add locos that dont require track changes, like the further electrification on the GWR line.

The chances are higher that they at one point make a modern GWR route as a new DLC that feature those trains. But i wouldnt expect anything like that in the forseeable future.

• Like Like x 2
  3. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Matt confirmed in the editor stream that the overhead lines in GWE are purely decorative and non functional so I think it's safe to say that anything that requires electric power will not appear on GWE. Equally I think it's worth pointing out that the line is modelled on mid 2015 when the 80x series has not been delivered.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. EGTESkyGod

EGTESkyGod Member

I may have mentioned before, I would love to see the Heathrow Express added. It wouldn't take too much to add to the current route, and it would allow the Flight Simmers amongst us to simultaneously combine a Train Sim with a Flight Sim flight to wherever the hell in the world you want. Perhaps to Newark to join up with the NEC line...?!

• Like Like x 2
  5. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Heathrow Express would be good but if what was said above is true then, as Heathrow Express runs electric IIRC then we wouldn’t get it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Geth_2234

Geth_2234 Well-Known Member

the GWR class 800s are bimode trains as they are run on diesel between Cardiff Central and Swansea and will do for the foreseeable future due to lack of funding from government. There was one point around 2017 when the class 800 was first being introduced they ran it on diesel all the way while network rail were still installing OHLE. So it would still be possible to add the class 800 but run it on diesel with just a cosmetic pantograph controlled by the player in some ways this would still be realistic.

• Like Like x 3
  7. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

Well, probably not that early, I'm not sure if the GWR green livery was phased in then and even if it was, only a small percentage of HSTs and 166s actually wore it.

Even so, the 80x could still be added as it's capable of running under diesel power. In fact I seem to recall in the very early days of them entering service they did run into Paddington on diesel power.

• Like Like x 1
  8. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

To be honest I don't see that we will get the 800s as the current route is set in 2015.
    Yes it will be nice but I can see it happening.
    Also regarding the Heathrow Express. We can run them from Old Oak Common to Paddington then possibly as far as Hayes & Harlington as Heathrow isn't modelled. So there's not much use for them unless we have the destination of Heathrow.

What i would love to see is a fully rebuilt route between Paddington and Oxford. With Didcot Yard. So pretty much as it was in Train Sim. But with the addition of Heathrow terminal. Nothing more I would love to see is trains running up the incline to Heathrow.

Set it at the time of the phase out of the HST's and 166's Then with the route supply the 800 and 387s and as dlc later down the lin add the other unit that runs along the line. Cant remember the class.
    At Reading triangle make that area playable by adding Reading West so freight can be used off to the South Western etc.

Regards
    Hentis

• Like Like x 2
  9. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

The other classes you mentioned are...

Class 332 Heathrow Express
    Class 345 Crossrail
    Class 360 Heathrow Connect

• Like Like x 1
  10. elarthur

I believe that the branch lines need to be added so that we can take services to...

Greenford
    Brentford waste
    Colnbrook oil
    Windsor Central
    Bourne End/Marlow
    Henley on Thames

Long overdue and would add the kind of variety that dlc brought to the other routes. Throw in a Locomotive DLC pack with maybe...

Class 57 and sleeper coaches
    Class 59 or 60
    Oil tanker wagons
    Class 165 non air conditioned DMU
    Class 180 express DMU

This would put GWE on par with the other routes.

• Like Like x 4
  11. antony.henley

If you have NTP and the big freight pack you might be able to substitute the TEA's in with a 47 (66 most probably not be able to work) in scenario planner. #fingerscrossed.

Regards

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  12. elarthur

Would be great to head down the branch to Colnbrook after diving under the line west of West Drayton. Until the 1960s you could head beyond Colnbrook to Staines West or head north to Cowley and Uxbridge Vine Street. Colnbrook is today a oil terminal for Heathrow with no remains of the original station there.

• Like Like x 1
  13. antony.henley

You could actually do that in Train Sim infact I believe Armstrong Powerhouse did a scenario so you could use it.

Hentis

• Like Like x 2
  14. elarthur

I believe that GWE was one of the few routes that never got any DLC. Such a shame, a missed opportunity. Hopefully, with enough support, we can convince DTG to correct it with a few more train types and the aforementioned branches coming off the mainline between Paddington and Reading.

• Like Like x 4
  15. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Considering in TSW2020, DTG took some services away to make GWE work well on consoles, there was very little chance of any new services being added. That meant no extensions, no branch lines and no new DLC. The chances of anything like that happening now depends on what measures were taken to make it work in TSW2. As the services that were missing were not added back in on console I reckon the situation remains the same now. GWE is in its finished state. It’s an old route. I don’t think it’s a case of persuading DTG to add to it but rather a question of what’s actually possible.

• Like Like x 2
  16. antony.henley

Considering that people can run the full set of services on console and 7/8 coach HST formations on console with apparently no major loss of performance then I dont really see the point.
    I run the HST at full tilt and the fps even when other trains approach or I pass them barely moves to a lower frame rate drop. Yes it drops some but were not talking Ausburg - Munich fps drop here.
    But you are right its an old and very popular route in which I cant see we get any dlc for it, but perhaps a new longer version could be in the pipeline. They must know its a popular route by the amount of people asking for dlc and or it to be extended.
    *Perhaps one they may surprise by not only releasing a fully rebuilt version of the route modelled at the turn of the HST /800xxx handover and extended through to Oxford as per old train sim.

Incidentally the GWE route is my local line in TSW, even though I live 87 miles South of Reading.

*Matt did state in a stream that if they were to update the GWE it would have to be rebuilt as so much has been updated to it in real life.

Regards

Hentis.

• Like Like x 4
  17. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I believe this route needs to have more content

• Like Like x 2
  18. tallboy7648

I run 7/8 car 43 services along with the extra 166 services on gwe on console with no problem at all. I haven't seen complaints of it crashing because of the extra services and the frame rate doesn't drop as much as Munich Ausburg and there are no major performance losses on console. So in terms of no new content because of performance is not the issue in my opinion. The route is not like Munich-Ausburg. Yes it's old but very popular and the demand for new content is very high for that route so maybe we will get new content or even a rebult version of the route

• Like Like x 4
  19. elarthur

Yes yes and yes again.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

TrainSim-Adam
    Will GWE on console get the longer HST sets and the locked services (which can be unlocked without causing any serious performance issues)?

• Like Like x 3
  21. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

I find the lack of 8 coach HSTs on console really odd tbh. Whenever I'm on a German route and I pass a set of Dostos, my frame rate drops dramatically. If I pass an 8 coach HST on journey mode, my FPS remains pretty much the same.

• Like Like x 3
  22. tallboy7648

That is really strange. I wonder why a new route has those issues compared to a older route

• Like Like x 2
  23. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

The Class 800s would arguably be more suited to another GWR Route as they would be outdated to the era of the route. A Class 57 would be my prime favourite.
    But then again, maybe another section of the Great Western Mainline could be added as a more modern version; this could open more doorways for DLC.
    Maybe the Cornish Mainline or Bristol to Exeter?

• Like Like x 3
  24. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

I know I suggested a class 57 earlier but I'd honestly be kinda disappointed if that was what we got. We already have two versions of Class 47s, and a 57 is essentially just an upgraded one of those. I'd rather just make a GWR livery for the 47 and play make believe.

I'd much rather have the Class 180 Adelante be added. I do think a small amount were in service in 2015, and to my knowledge they'd be the first high speed DMU in Train Sim World
    They'd be a great addition in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  25. antony.henley

Im waiting on this list of the most requested routes that DTG Protagonist is compiling as well as the (I cant remember what list it is) that Adam the peservation guy is compiling as well.

Hentis

• Like Like x 1