Riviera In The 50's Plymouth Extension

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by Sam6029, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Sam6029

Sam6029 New Member

I personally (and I'm sure there are a few other people that would agree with me) that DTG should extend the Riviera in the 50's route from Newton Abbot through to Plymouth Nth Rd with branch line extensions to Plymouth Friary, Plymouth Millbay and the former LSWR route to Okehampton via Bere Alston.

The extension westwards from Plymouth Nth Rd through to St. Budeaux should also include both the LSWR route via Devonport Kings Rd and the GWR's Cornish mainline to add authentic variety, although I'm sure this would be quite difficult considering that there is little evidence remaining of the LSWR's route except for a few photos. Not sure if there are any railway diagrams that show this ex-LSWR route??

With the extension Okehampton, users would have the chance to use Southern Railways DLC to form services into Plymouth from the west and would allow for near limitless scenarios as both GWR and SR used each other lines in emergencies and driver training for such circumstances. Another feature that would be enjoyed by all is recreating the heavily loaded Cornish bound summer services over the Devon banks, either assisted or for the more adventurous; solo.

This extension would add so much to the original route, which although was extended to Kingswear doesn't allow the player to fully immerse themselves into what GWR and SR drivers faced during their shifts as there's very little in the way of high speed running nor challenging gradients. I understand that TS20xx has limitations, but with the imminent introduction of 64-bit there really isn't a reason not to have this done. I am aware that DPSimulations has released a version running to Plymouth but this isn't a true representation of what the line is like due to their limitations of what available infrastructure is available through previous DLC.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. 05jstone

05jstone Member

I like it, I like it!

• Like Like x 1