Midland Mainline - Skyhook Feedback

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jane-skyhook, Apr 19, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. devsecops#8603

devsecops#8603 Active Member

Glad to hear of all the improvements Jane.

The one I would like to see is with the ROG Class 37 and Class 375 timetable why we are unable drive into the Bombardier factory at Derby? The train is taken in there by AI so seems strange you cannot drive there yourself. As we are talking about opportunities and added fun. It would be great to be able to drive the 365 up and down the Bombardier test track too if it is already there.

This route does have so much potential for addons and being built up. So, it is good to hear that less commercial considerations and usual cost/benefit analysis. Which, I know all too well being in the cyber part of DevSecOps and art of the achievable within time and budget.

I do get a real sense of passion though to improve and be customer orientated, I always advocated people before process as that drives passion and better productivity which seems to be SkyHook. I was really looking forward to this route and my first pre-order and then quite disappointed. But your very well conveyed message helped install confidence that we are all on a journey...

Last edited: Apr 20, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. RobSkip

RobSkip Well-Known Member

The PRM-compliant door alarms were fitted at the same time as the TrainFX screens modelled on the inside and outside of the unit. Either Skyhook need to change their model, or the door alarms need to be added.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. alexjjones6024

alexjjones6024 Well-Known Member

It may be an idea to add that all HST coaches light up in night time and the night sky is terrible when clear, just full of stars...

The 158 under section of the coach connectors you can see up into it from the external.
    Also, when I have been in the passenger areas of the 158, the passengers shoot down into the train from the roof (rather than jumping into the sky like on previous DLC).

At Derby, there is an exposed section of the stairs which you can see up into from underneath.

Finally, at Syston (not sure on other stations), there are rain drops on the fence which is weird as it should be hitting the floor. (This isn't a priority, but relevant non the less).

jane-skyhook please take a look at my screenshots for reference.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. llamazing

llamazing New Member

jane-skyhook I'd really like to see the Class 222 Meridian added to this route. My main criticism after playing the route today is the lack of other trains on the line. Everywhere seems very quiet. It would be good to have freight services running up and down, but I really hope the Class 222 Meridian is under development. Are you able to add this to the list of things to consider?

• Like Like x 4
  5. llamazing

llamazing New Member

skyhook- sean jane-skyhook - I'd love you to confirm a Class 222 Meridian is in the works. The route feels really quiet to drive.

• Like Like x 2
  6. alexjjones6024

alexjjones6024 Well-Known Member

Stop spamming the group with your repeat requests. Use the suggestions section to raise this.

At the moment, the route is incomplete and the focus here is to improve it and give as much feedback about the DLC so far.

So please stop.

• Like Like x 24
  7. Bravo2six

Bravo2six Well-Known Member

Flashing signals are only used for high speed turnouts, and aren't very common at that.
    It's not beyond the realms of possiblity for this to correct.
    Depends on the area and principle design.

• Like Like x 1
  8. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Agree. Let's get what's there (or in the case of the timetable, not) sorted first and make it an appealing prospect to purchase before adding new traction etc.

• Like Like x 7
  9. Yoinkermcskoinker

Yoinkermcskoinker Well-Known Member

Nope, only usually does this in timetable mode but when you select a custom livery in scenario planner it should be on the entire consist.

10. Yoinkermcskoinker

Exactly the route only came out 2 days ago and ppl are already asking to pay more :mad:

• Like Like x 4
  11. andyscotland

andyscotland Well-Known Member

not a bug in the slightest but is there any better backdrop to a station elsewhere on tsw? looks ace

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  12. twiggy#9635

twiggy#9635 Well-Known Member

Not sure if this has been mentioned but there are a few glitches for the HST in Livery designer (I’m on PS5) if it helps I can send screenshots to this thread but layers aren’t behaving like they are supposed to

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yoinkermcskoinker

Yes, you can see where the EMT livery would be f0352d1c-580e-4a6c-9610-f5f533ab4396.jpeg.jpg

14. fakenham

fakenham Well-Known Member

Thanks, I think you are correct, maybe it would be release from red with an early release on sighting the junction signal.

Hopefully they can sort it, there may be others out there which aren't set up correctly which I haven't been through as yet, hopefully not.

Anyway, noticed these 2 signals approaching Leicester from the north - the feathers are the wrong way round, plus the calling on lights are actually lit ground shunt signals which is incorrect. Also no id plates.

Also the line on the left (slow) has a few AWS ramps which I think are incorrectly set up (see Bescots post earlier).

20230420130841_1.jpg

15. twiggy#9635

Yes that does happen with me too, Althing with me not being able to place textures on the front of the train (similar to the 387)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Yoinkermcskoinker

1ae286b2-fed8-40ca-8a10-d6085b6ef7e1.png

• Like Like x 2
  17. Pterodaustro

Pterodaustro Active Member

Hi Jane - Thanks for inviting comments. I've been looking forward to this route as it's the first TSW route I know well, and overall I think you've done a great job! It captures the look and feel of the line very well.

A couple of things I've noticed:
    the "3 car stop" sign on platform 7 at Nottingham is floating in the air; and
    could the Roundhouse at Derby College outside the station be made to look a bit more like the real thing? roundhouse.png
    It's a pretty iconic building, and a significant piece of railway architecture to boot.

• Like Like x 9
  18. twiggy#9635

Yep that’s the main one, along with it happening to me on the Mk3s but that’s not that big of an issue

19. sadler_owls

sadler_owls Member

It's got potential but I've had 3 hard crashes in the last 24 hours which I've never had in this game before (all 3 sent to Sony with videos attached).

• Like Like x 1
  20. jane-skyhook

jane-skyhook Well-Known Member

thank you for this. We are investigating these issues as urgency.

• Like Like x 2
  21. jane-skyhook

Thank you for sharing this. I can make no promises but happy to forward this to the art team for their consideration (I am not the art head - I cannot even draw a stickman :) ). Pointing this out is really appreciated, thank you. I am sending to the team for you.
    Jane

• Like Like x 1
  22. Yoinkermcskoinker

I've encountered numerous problems with the HST, Headlights do not load properly (i can see the polygons!!!), on custom liveries you can still see the lines from the EMT livery and on the 2+8 HST LD You cannot place anything on the nose. 45cd03a5-2b36-431a-aa24-5b0fbd7618c8.jpeg.jpg dc63bdea-d0b4-4ef8-a63a-55cbd4430969.jpeg.jpg f0352d1c-580e-4a6c-9610-f5f533ab4396.jpeg.jpg 1ae286b2-fed8-40ca-8a10-d6085b6ef7e1.png
    Also the lighting in the Mk3 coaches is brighter than the sun! fef47d46-6238-4295-98ce-deb3bee03190.jpeg.jpg
    (Xbox one S)

23. jane-skyhook

Thanks for this. We are aware and looking in to these issues. I will update you personally once I have some news on this fix.

appreciated,
    Jane

• Like Like x 1
  24. Yoinkermcskoinker

Excellent.

25. cwf.green

cwf.green Well-Known Member

Right that's it. Mk4. Afaik most 158's use Mk3 but some have Mk4.

I have a correction to make to my earlier statements. I just talked with the 158 drivers we have on the beta team and for both SWR and EMR the sand button never illuminates on the 158. Not when pressed, not when Smart Sand is active. Never. So currently this is incorrect in the game.

Maybe people in this thread has some opinion on whether leaving it as is (button will illuminate when WSP is detected and manual sanding is available) or make it fully realistic to the EMT 158, i.e. make the button never illuminate? :)

26. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

skyhook- sean also on Xbox the class 158 doors appear to be incorrectly setup as when pressing local door open passengers get on through that door when only that open also when you close doors it also shuts guard local door so guards door not isolated from other doors meaning you have to re open door to get back on train

27. coursetim

coursetim Well-Known Member

It would've been nice to have had a SOS jubilee sub in for the WCL one for a railtour if possible as a lot of people don't own WCL.

On the subject does anyone know if you need WCLs route as well as the pack for the steam railtour to show up on MML?

28. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

From Steam

So on steam it seems its not mandatory and just recommended. You dont say what format you are on, so if not on steam I'd check the store page for your format to be confident.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  29. coursetim

Ahh okay cheers for that!
    Im on Xbox and do want the steam pack for the locos just waiting for a sale of some sort for the route (Or a fixed 150! :)

Edit: Same wording on the Microsoft store but is still a bit vauge?

30. sam#2862

sam#2862 Well-Known Member

HST
    you can't sit down in the mark 3s!
    all the coaches are labelled coach A
    there is no Fuel cap animation
    (Megasim goes into more detail on these issues as I don't know much about 158s)
    the EMT logo floats
    I think the wheelchair sign is reversed I noticed this on Train Sim Tv's stream he points a lot of issues out on there you should watch it for feedback as I believe he works at Just Trains or something who have also made the Midland Mainline.
    It sounds wrong so hopefully AP can just get their sounds copy pasted this time instead of DTG editing the AP recordings and there is no door alarm when opening which I'm pretty sure it should have maybe not if it was an older 158 but as of right now I'm certain it should have one

31. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I am a bit late to the party, but I wanted to address this point a bit. It has been mentioned multiple times throughout the last year or so, but the new break-neck pacing of TSW releases is something many of us blame here. There used to be multiple previews, the first of them weeks before release. Feedback to that stream usually managed to get at least partially implemented in the release build. If it's not dictated by DTG, please consider earlier previews with the next releases, so we can provide feedback that can actually be useful.

Anyway, great to have someone chatting with us here and actually addressing critique, keep up the great work, Jane and welcome.

• Like Like x 7
  32. jane-skyhook

really kind of you to welcome me, thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  33. Rosso1031

Rosso1031 New Member

Hi, I think this route is great overall. I did notice when I played a timetable service of a 158 from Leicester to Nottingham, when I arrived at Attenborough I stopped exactly in the markers for the 2 car formation but it wouldn't say the objective was complete? It was like it hadn't recognized that the train was stopped at the platform, I had to move the train forward so it was out of the marker and then it would let me open the doors? Not sure if this was a glitch for that particular service or if anyone else has experienced it? I am on PS5 as well if that helps. But apart from that all good so far!

34. trainman#4695

trainman#4695 Member

Doors closed (half lights )
    Doors open (full lights )
    shouldn't the lights only go into the half mode when the engine is off (eco mode)

Attached Files:

35. Bravo2six

Bravo2six Well-Known Member

i had something similar too on PC, had to shuffle forward for it to activate

36. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

Quick tangential question for Jane: People have in the past brought up issues with Cane Creek and Horseshoe Curve that AFAIK are still outstanding. Will you also be soliciting feedback for those routes at some point, or are they considered finished?

• Like Like x 3
  37. Jamy

Jamy Well-Known Member

I have a question for jane-skyhook seeing as you are the tech person. I would be interested in your thoughts to using UE4 as a game engine for simulation as it's clearly difficult to master for this time of game play

38. jane-skyhook

heya, feedback for all of our products is always welcome.

• Like Like x 3
  39. jane-skyhook

• Like Like x 4
  40. phil.elliott

phil.elliott Well-Known Member

The service 5D90 Derby - Etches Park (the last service in the HST rail journeys collection) consists entirely of being asked to alight from the train, before ending. However, this doesn't complete the service, and it remains as unticked in the rail journey section.

• Like Like x 1
  41. isaac47593

isaac47593 Well-Known Member

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but 2 big issues I have spotted
    1. Bridges at Loughborough. The bridge in the station is the wrong type of bridge (arched bridge IRL) and the GCR bridge is completely inaccurate. Attached is a photo of in game and the real bridge 10D568F6-D65E-433E-8261-964D267BA446.jpeg 864492D0-9C2A-4C8E-B49F-EC04C6530869.jpeg
    2. Derby platform ends are inaccurate. In real life there are no big concrete blocks at the end of the platforms. The fencing that is seen along the edge of platform 6 continues around the edge, and the platforms just end abruptly with a small set of metal stairs down to track level. Also, the big concrete blocks clip into trains E0A46860-9789-440B-A021-AFD749B8987C.jpeg AEFD81C0-F304-4F16-A414-31931541B175.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  42. yellowpanda#3079

yellowpanda#3079 New Member

The last services for the 8+2 HST, (can’t remember headcode) is noted as Leicester - Eastcroft Depot (Part 1 and 2), however the service in the timetable actually goes to Etches Park in Derby and not Eastcroft in Nottingham.

Also noticing that all London bound trains show their destination on PIS boards as Leicester and not St Pancras. In addition, on the 158 services towards Matlock/Newark Castle/Lincoln, they only show Nottingham/Derby on their information screens on the front of the train.

Thanks for your continued presence on these forums, I’m sure you’ve made everyone feel listened to. :)

43. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Would it be possible to bring the HSC GEVO to the standard of CJP ES44C4? HSC is a solid route, but things like the wildly inconsistent dynamic brake and worse sounds usually make me pick a different route to play.

• Like Like x 1
  44. FallenAngel00me

FallenAngel00me Well-Known Member

It's realistic that the SoS Jubilee isn't available.

Trains need AWS to be able to run on the midland mainline

• Like Like x 2
  45. coursetim

Yeahh that is definitely true. The consists would've been more realistic though its nice to have the option :) plus Bahamas is a beautiful loco too

• Like Like x 2
  46. FallenAngel00me

FallenAngel00me Well-Known Member

The stopping position for the Nottingham to Leicester 158 services stop in the wrong position on platform 4. They stop half way along

Also, There's only a handful of HST services to Derby from Leicester, when in reality they'd be every 30 mins or so. I know in 2019 the 222 meridians did the majority of London - Sheffield services, so this feels like you left them out so you could put them in a future 222 dlc.

47. danielemerson78

danielemerson78 Member

I have just noticed another bug on the HST.When looking back,from outside cab view,some doors appear to be open.
    When you use the camera to go towards them they then glitch back to being closed.Sorry if this has already been mentioned

48. TheRagingPOTATO

TheRagingPOTATO Member

This render distance glitch isn't exclusive to MML, the n-Wagen carriages on BRO and Linke Rheinstrecke also appear like this on distant carriages until you move the camera closer to them.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  49. andyscotland

andyscotland Well-Known Member

jane-skyhook nice to see such engagement on this thread and it clearly shows the interest for the route, just noticed something that could do with attention, when driving a 158 in the dark it is impossible to read your gauges unless you have the cab light on, the needles are invisible on the gauge. Still loving the route.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  50. max#2873

max#2873 Well-Known Member

Keeping in mind in what negligence are Cane Creek and Horsehoe Im very very cautious with Skyhook dlc... At least mml loco have proper wheels arrangements.... ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.