Ts19 Routes And Locos For Practising?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TrainSim-Dmitri, Jan 22, 2019.

1. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to get your recommendations with regards to which add-ons, routes and locos are good for practising TS19 skills?

I am fairly comfortable with TSW, so I'm going to dive deeper into TS19 in the followings weeks, but there's so much content that I feel a bit lost :)

Any suggestions?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  3. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

For UK Routes the South London Network is quite good with complex track layouts and short signal spacing.
    Another is London to Peterborough with a good mix of high speed running and commuter trains
    The Riviera in the 50s is a good Steam era route - although I use Diesels as they are easier to drive for me.
    Another good route released thru DTG is the Wherry Lines as the detail is very good and everything works as it should

The German route Garmisch - Munchen is a good route with a mix of double and single track sections and some good gradients
    And the Three Country Corner Route is a very good Austrian/Swiss/German route with three different signalling systems

You should look at some scenarios on the workshop as they tend to be better than the default scenarios which are restricted by the stock that came with the route.

Peter

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Alex01

Alex01 Active Member

Bernina pass,ranton pass,abula line,arosa line i say this if you like mountain climb

5. StevenJam

StevenJam Member

If you are looking for a place to try out some US Commuter trains i'd personally recommend the BNSF Racetrack DLC. Lots of good express runs along with some all stoppers.

6. Buynot

Buynot Well-Known Member

Horseshoe Curve is always a good choice! Sure the route itself looks a bit old, but the uphill climb from Altoona to Galitzin offers a fun challenge, and once you crest the top of the hill, the rest of the route provides some fun downhill, high speed runs at around 45-60 miles an hour. Not to mention the vintage locomotives and rolling stock that comes with it!

• Like Like x 1
  7. ChooChooKeith

ChooChooKeith Active Member

Munich-Augsburg For The German Routes Or Koln-Dusseldorf

• Like Like x 1
  8. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

Weardale and Teesdale Network in the '60s is the route I got started with and remains my favourite. Comes with geared DMUs and Diesel-electrics and potential for everything except fast main line running. If you wanted to add steam (which I imagine is going to be the big difference between TS and TSW) any Eastern region or BR standard class loco' would be right at home and a few Midland types. There are many suitable to choose from from basic older models such as the Robinson O4 or Thompson B1 (they both include scenarios for Woodhead but the Workshop makes up for that) to the gorgeous looking Q6 in the pro' range.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Keegan1104

Keegan1104 Member

eehhh... The Train Simulator Academy i guess?...