1. PomPomCookie

PomPomCookie Member

x

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

Not the first time this has been asked for but there might be light at the end on the tunnel.

Danny has released a WIP route from Faversham to Dover Priory but there is no scenery between them.
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1298545317

Also in the Medway Valley Line assets there are station nameboards for that route, Canterbury East, Dover Priory etc. so there is some hope.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gipsy_Danger

Gipsy_Danger Active Member

Overall I like this idea but I have a few points.
    This would be a massive extension and hard for people on 32bit but also it would be quite pricey considering the mileage this would add but if price isn’t an issue I’d love to see this go ahead. I don’t think a 387 would suit the route as they never work these lines plus a 387 with a modified physics model and a top speed of 110mph is available as a reskin. Somebody is working on recreating the c2c network for Train Sim but I don’t know much about it yet but if you want the line from West Ham to Grays then that route might suit your c2c needs!

• Like Like x 1
  4. S.E.M. 34090

S.E.M. 34090 Member

Sigh...

Another proposal for yet another route containing Electrostars?! How much more jumping up and down will be required to get even an NSE era route, let alone one with some proper Southern Railway (as opposed to Southern Region) stock in it?! South Eastern Mainline in the 1920s would suit me very nicely indeed...

5. Kyle_Lennard1

Kyle_Lennard1 Active Member

Bear in mind that the routes have changed over the years since those time periods and would require more research and acquiring references from that era

6. S.E.M. 34090

S.E.M. 34090 Member

That is true, but if a route-building team (Okay so it wasn't a DTG in-house job) can research and build an 1860s American route then I'm sure, what with the huge amount of reference material for the SR, that a team can build a 1930s Southern Railway route.

7. cooltoyn

cooltoyn Member

it would be fantastic to have a extension to the London to Faversham route going forwards and backwards it great but the London to Faversham route needs to continue a bit further onward's.

8. budtheweiser

budtheweiser Active Member

HS1 will help High speed rail in the game between London and Ashford International and on to the Channel to Paris via Lille Europe and trains like the class 373 E300 374E320 High speed trains to come into the game and it will help people to see another High speed route

9. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Although I do live on that line, I see no reason why it should be in Train Simulator. The Class 375 has already been reskined into every livery they've ever been in (except Southern and base white liveries), as has the Class 465/466 (excluding minor advertising liveries). Only the Class 395 makes sense for the route as the Class 375 only runs on a short section of it, the Class 387 would be delegated for a 5 (?) mile stretch of track and the Class 465 would only be seen at Dover, running on a line that wouldn't even be modeled. The route itself would barely have any landmarks; the only one I can think of is the White Cliffs of Dover and I live in the area. Most of the places on the lines are dumps anyway.

This type of route has been done before and with very little variety of services it would be a waste of money. I wouldn't buy it, even if it perfectly replicated my house.

10. budtheweiser

budtheweiser Active Member

the route would do well for the eurostar high speed trains from London to Paris Nord Brussels Midi