PlayStation Next Route Update

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by byeo, Jan 23, 2019.

?
  1. United Kingdom

10 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. United States of America

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  3. Germany

17 vote(s)
    48.6%
  4. New country (comment below)

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  1. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

What do people think the next route DTG will bring out? Will we see a new country all together or an addition to UK, US or Germany? I have a feeling we’ll see another German route, I have zero information to back this up but given the last two routes were NTP (UK) and LIRR (US) then another German route would fit nicely before moving on to another country altogether.

I’d love to hear your views, please use the voting buttons and comment below.

2. Alex01

Alex01 Active Member

Sweden

3. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I would like to hope that the next route will be a Canadian route either CP or a CN route

4. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

Next route will be something around Rostock, Germany. Most likely

5. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Is there any reasoning behind this? Not that I don’t believe you but I’d like to know more about why you think that and what routes are available around Rostock.

6. volvolover1972

A reference to Rostock was found in a config file on PC. Leeds to Manchester was found there as well before it was announced. Here’s where it was found.

74F8DDBC-D205-43E6-9A3E-E7BB3FDE78CE.jpeg
    Note this is not my photo

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  7. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Interesting, a quick google of Rostock rail lines brings up the Rostock-Stralsund line which is 44.7 miles long. Maybe we’ll see this, who knows..

8. Matzo

Matzo Active Member

I've got a feeling we shall begin to see a pattern emerge of a new loco dlc, followed by a new route, with the loco dlc bolstering the previously released dlc, much like the 33 for West somerset, we could see a smaller shunter on RSN (belive mention of one was found in the code too) and diesel traction for LIRR such as the DE30AC.. No real evidence to back this up, just a gut instinct.

9. EGTESkyGod

EGTESkyGod Member

volvolover1972, interesting that you sound so sure about this yet you said in another thread:

Personally, would love to see more of the GWR but maybe you are right and the Rostock one is next...

10. HopesAnchor131

HopesAnchor131 Active Member

I'd like to see something in Japan personally.

11. MLP Derick

MLP Derick Well-Known Member

I want to see a Norfolk Southern dlc

12. Juxen

Juxen Well-Known Member

Interesting. According to this, there will be a lot of German DLC coming, including a fairly large set of freight wagons and a BR294 (you know, the standard shunter in Rail Simulator's Hagen-Siegen). Also seems to be something regarding the digital displays, something I saw in another speculation thread? Also there's a BR182 on the list.

The LIRR and LIRR M7 have already happened, as have the West Somerset stuff. Looks like the next American DLC seems to be scenario packs for Sandpatch. I wonder if the "MP" is for Multiplayer? Then after that is some GWR scenarios. And probably a Class 08 in EWS livery and some JNA wagons in an soon-to-be-announced pack.

So past the Rostock route, there doesn't seem to be any routes on the planning docket, just scenario packs and some motive power and wagons.

/Baseless speculation over.

13. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Been stated on here by DTG support, that there is a loco and freight package for Northern Trans Pennine.

• Like Like x 6
  14. volvolover1972

The only reason I'm more sure with the next route being Rostock is because of this file that was found, otherwise there would be no evidence for what’s in development or what the next dlc will be. I’ve been playing DTG Train Simulator since 2013, and I know that they don’t communicate what’s in development significantly ahead of time. They also don’t confirm or deny whether or not any specific route or loco is planned to be made or not. Also not to mention the US-UK-Germany pattern for routes in TSW. And I’m almost certain that leaks like this won’t be happening again since DTG probably won’t put the name content in develop in that file anymore.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  15. Juxen

Juxen Well-Known Member

See, what I'd do if I were DTG, is to mess with everyone by either calling every future DLC (routes, scenario packs, repaints) as something like "EMD_Model_40_Pack01", "EMD_Model_40_Pack02", "EMD_Model_40_Pack03". Or something like "Hidden_Big_Boy_Update_Do_Not_Tell". Just to mess with the people that look in the .ini file. Basically, if they do look into the files, all they'll get to look forward to are lackluster repaints from here until eternity. And then the update actually comes out, and you're pleasantly surprised to see it isn't the repaint you thought it was.

16. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Have you been on this site long and seen the vultures that circle anytime anything is released even as a snippet?

• Like Like x 2
  17. Louwe

Louwe Member

I would like a Dutch route (Amsterdam via the Schiphol tunnel- to Maastricht) but i quess thats a wishfull thincking. :(
    But something in Japan would be nice to.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019