Why Is The Same Ukraine Livery 'featured' For Months?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Purno, Apr 25, 2023.

1. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Searching the Creators Club brings up 6 pages of Ukraine-dedicated liveries, some of which are pretty well made, yet the same old "Love to Ukraine" livery has been on the "Featured" home page for months. Why is this particular livery getting so much attention? It certainly isn't the only livery, and IMO not the best either, so why isn't there more rotation going on on the Featured page?

• Like Like x 8
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. StenioBlackHawnk

StenioBlackHawnk Active Member

Oh no, this thread will be a nightmare in 3, 2, 1 ...

• Like Like x 2
  3. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

I'm guessing as long as the illegal war against Ukraine by putin goes on they will get DTG support until it's over and Ukaine is able to live without fear of futher attacks or untill putin tries again.

• Like Like x 8
  4. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Reading my post is difficult, isn't it?

Let me try again...

• Like Like x 14
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. SHINO BAZ

Let me try again...It's there game.So they get to choose what they want to feature,promote or highlight.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

I assume that this is the main one being featured as it was made by someone within DTG, I’m fairly sure. The livery got its very own Dovetail Live article, after all.

7. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

That's fine. I'm just asking why they made this particular choice.

8. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Well that could be an explanation, and the livery surely set a trend, as there's been more Ukraine-dedicated liveries on the Creators Club since.

However, does this justify the choice of keeping this particular livery 'featured' for months, even with so many other Ukraine-dedicated liveries available, made my customers, some of which are pretty talented, judging by their creations?

9. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

The idea of featuring a community-made livery is definitely a good one, but I imagine that being a DTG-made livery does justify it being featured on Creator’s Club. At least, it’s a good reason from their perspective. I have no big thoughtful reasoning on why this is the best livery to feature, because all I really have is that it’s more “official” or something.

Also, I guess they just like the main Ukraine livery being a Class 395 because it’s one of the main trains included with TSW3, thus making it accessible to more players.

10. SHINO BAZ

I decided to look at the shared livery area in game and it currently is set up list up to 6 featured liveries.So it should be possible to show a 2nd Ukraine custom livery (among the other highlighted liveries,but maybe not all the time) while still leaving 4 slots for others.

11. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

To be fair I don’t think that screen is getting updated at all lately, that Ukrainian one has been there longer, but the 155 & 385 have been there for some time too.

• Like Like x 2
  12. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Considering Love to Ukraine has been featured since pretty much day one - and is the #1 most subscribed livery on CC - it would hardly become forgotten if removed from the Featured list. It's at tens of thousands of downloads, so it's unlikely to be beaten, and won't get much more. It's time to either just make it an extra slot for featured liveries/scenarios, or stick another Ukraine livery in.

Ah yes, because having a train livery with the Ukraine colours will send a message to the Russian Man.

• Like Like x 1
  13. SHINO BAZ

Somebody at DTG must think it's good for something considering how long they been keeping it at the for front of the livery section.
    Maybe DTG figures putin plays TSW and will shake his fist in anger at DTG for showing support for his current enemies.lol.

14. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

The livery was created at a time when solidarity with Ukraine was probably running at its highest, it was the forefront of media and you would find it extremely hard if not impossible to find someone who hadn’t heard of it.

the livery would have been applied by DTG to the featured section not other ones regardless of how well others are made

it stays their as it hasn’t been removed from their.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2023
  15. trainsimplayer

*There

that aside - That's the point of this thread. Why is it [Love to Ukraine livery] still there?

16. AtherianKing

cause it hasn’t been removed by a member of DTG from that section.

17. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

I thought the whole point was that the featured liveries would be rotated and be community driven? If this is indeed a DTG livery then it fulfils neither of those criteria.

• Like Like x 3
  18. trainsimplayer

Considering that since the release of Creators Club - until the current batch - the featured section has been regularly rotated, that's not really an answer.

My bet is just DTG not wanting to be under fire for not supporting Ukraine.

19. trainsimplayer

Technically it's not an official DTG livery, just a member of DTG Staff's.

20. AtherianKing

do they have a reason to rush a removal ?

It was also promoted as a livery give away, something of which people who wish to claim that should be allowed easy access to it.

21. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

But that could also be achieved with any of the other Ukraine-themed liveries...

• Like Like x 1
  22. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I like this livery, but there are to many instances in the route. This is a livery creator issue though.

23. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Not removing it. Just no longer featuring it on the main page. The livery could still be found on the creators club, just like you can find any other Ukraine-themed livery. The article linking to it could still remain, as the URL wouldn't change.

• Like Like x 2
  24. AtherianKing

I’ve also supported implementation of a feature to control what liveries appear, like a tick box list.

25. AtherianKing

I meant removal as in removal off the featured page as “seemingly requested by another” not CC in general

26. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

Purno in the OP made it pretty clear that's not they're asking about though.

• Like Like x 1
  27. trainsimplayer

It was published at the very start of March 2022 it's been almost 14 Months - I think that's more than enough time to take them up on their offer.

Anyway, it's #1 on the 'Most Pupular' tab, so you can't miss it anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  28. trainsimplayer

I know, but it wouldn't be as cool to show off a community creation, when it could be one of their own staff...

29. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

do we still have livery contests, or photo competitions? Seems a lot of this sort of thing has gone out of the window. The rotation of this is another duty that has been forgotten about.

• Like Like x 1
  30. trainsimplayer

I don't think we've had a livery contest since Halloween 2022 (there may have been a Christmas one that I have forgotten, though) - Screenshot contests still run weekly on the Creation Centre of the forums.

31. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Theres a certain irony isn't there with these type of posts. Who remembers sherman hills container.

I sometimes wonder if dtg are pushing their values on us when you see what is allowed and what is stamped on

• Like Like x 3
  32. AtherianKing

Nether said they did nor didn’t , Purno was not who i was referring to.

33. AtherianKing

If this is a debate on whether featured section of the CC is on a time limit (rotation of what’s on their type thing)

then that’s just a way at seeing what the featured section is, I always took it that the featured section of CC was for select content, not different content every so often.

34. trainsimplayer

I can't tell if you're oblivious to the actual discussion here, or if you're trying to avoid it...

The question of the thread is:
    Why, after almost 14 months, is the 'Love to Ukraine' livery STILL 'featured'.

• Like Like x 3
  35. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

You’re just feeding a troll here, they’re obviously trying to be difficult.

• Like Like x 1
  36. AtherianKing

ill try the third and last time, as this thread just seems some sort of DTG political conspiracies

Cause it’s not been removed by a Member of Staff.

37. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Does it really matter?

• Like Like x 2
  38. trainsimplayer

I'm not even going to entertain this anymore. Have a nice night.

39. Omnicitywife

Omnicitywife Well-Known Member

My initial thought was "how bad could it be". Now, unfortunately, I'm not allowed to express how i felt after reading the thread.

• Like Like x 1
  40. AtherianKing

To my knowledge the feature section of CC was about displaying selected liveries, regardless of how long they were put on their (put on their, stay on their)

what seems to be suggested is that the feature section of CC is a rotation which liveries get put on then removed after sometime has passed.

Judging by the above posts this thread is descending from descent and probably should be locked

but anyways I definitely don’t think its that big of a deal, and if you think otherwise then brilliant and enjoy the rest of the night.

41. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

My take on it is twofold

Hows the CC updated
    Is that really there as one of the most current popular downloaded

Or

Does it suit higher (not dev teams) DTG virtue signalling choices (which we cannot talk of or talk of our own openly before we're told we are going down a political rabbit hole, not train related and it's locked)

42. trainsimplayer

I don't get why anyone's calling for this thread to be shut. There's a simple question being asked and - surprisingly - this is a semi-political thread that HAS stayed civil.

43. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

If the moderators have sense they won't shut it down, or at least answer the question properly before doing so. The complaints had to do with how long the livery had been highlighted, not what livery was, that seems obvious based on the OP. Purno based on the posts I've seen of his over the years is a good lad, so I seriously doubt they had any ulterior motive for highlighting this. And frankly I'd find it a bit insulting to disrespect their question when they had nothing to do with the thread being immediately derailed.

• Like Like x 1
  44. trainsimplayer

Tbf, only one (or two) person(s) has even remotely derailed it - the second reply and then the one who dodged a question about four times.

Apart from that, this may be the best partially-political thread we've had yet.

45. AtherianKing

DTG Alex, apologies for the tag, I was wondering if you could share how the featured section of creators club is supposed to operate.

are content (liveries/scenarios) supposed to change what’s displayed on that section after a certain amount of time or is what’s on their supposed to stay their since it was put on.

thanks in advance

46. trainsimplayer

Once again, not the question of the thread.

47. AtherianKing

in what way is that not asking about whether content changes on the featured page ?

48. trainsimplayer

You can't pick half of a sentence out of the OP and say 'this is the topic', the thread title and the OP itself question why the Ukraine Livery has remained in place.

And "because they haven't changed it" isn't an answer. Because there will be a reason for why they haven't. They've rotated the other five slots frequently throughout the same time period, so there must be a reason for why Ukraine has been allowed to remain.

It's a limited choice question, but it's a question nonetheless.

• Like Like x 1
  49. AtherianKing

never said this is all of the topic, you can see my post above what I said.

clearly theirs a reason it remains, I don’t really pay that much attention nor think their is a ulterior reason as to why it stays in all honesty.

I never dodged any question, I just don’t see a need to follow that their is an ulterior motive for that to happen.

I called above for the thread to perhaps close as replies such as “what coulors your toilet seat” (reply was deleted) and “excrement eating” posts came from it, not any other discussion, in fact I think it should stay open when those are questioning politics of DTG as it doesn’t help them to close without reason in that case. (Edit: I definitely didn’t see any reason why the thread should close given by the OP, I had no issue with their question)

as I’ve asked DTG above, it it’s meant to change, then it’s meant to not be their and then their is something happening whether intentional or unintentional is not seen at this time. If it’s meant to stay on that section then that’s why it’s their.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2023