How Do You Feel About Yet Another Dlc Release.?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by chieflongshin, Apr 25, 2023.

1. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

So I was just sat here in a lay by in the car waiting for the Stars to come out to do some astrophotography or at least try to, and it got me wondering having seen the peak valley video today what people thoughts are in regards to more downloadable content being released at the moment.

As i sit here with a bottle of orange juice and a mint humbug I reflect on the Scottish DLC and how much it was hyped up and then when it released we all realized we was looking through a tiny tiny portion of our screen at the route ahead, several issues and a very limited time table.

We all enthusiastically moved towards the latest German releases, left Rhine I purchased tsgs I did not because I didn't take to the train, as much as the route looked beautiful. And then we had Trenton, which Lord only knows what happened with that, and that's been frantically chased by Midland mainline.

My Concern is here, in a short period of time we've had a considerable amount of releases and I don't think we've had the considerable amount of fixes that are needed. So, that makes me ponder at what stage do DTG pause, take stock and actually sort things out properly.

I envisage what might happen is peak Valley releases, there will be issues with peak Valley, and these issues will be in the issue cabinet along with many other routes that are still awaiting fixes the community deem acceptable.

I welcome you views on this I love the game, I love the SIM, I love the walking around, I love the graphics, but I feel somewhat perturbed to be excited by day one releases as I Once was as a middle aged man during covid sat at home listening to Sam and Matt sell me the dream.

Today streams, I sit there and I just think is what I'm seeing representative, is what I'm seeing functional, and do I just wait for the forum to explode on release day again and take a sigh of relief and spend the 30 pounds that I've now saved on something constructive like cocktail sticks, baby wipes grass seed, or perhaps a new door mat.

All these questions are in my mind every time I see us a fancy musical filtered video of a brand new release from dtg.

On the plus side we will shortly be exposed to more feedback around route choice, terminal locations and we'll sit there most likely on a stream listening intently to what is being said to make our judgments as to what is being delivered all whilst wondering how much snake oil have I bought

I sincerely hope that Focus buying the company gives provision for dtg to deliver what they are truly capable of, they have shown that they can deliver outstanding results, they have shown that they can deliver brilliant routed and excellent trains. I do however think that in the last nine months dtg has gone into its very own off the rails mode and not been delivering its true potential.

It begs the question, how much space is on your hard drive this year for more snake OIL?

• Like Like x 27
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

Terrible that yet again all these issues of grief come from left major bugs. Stamp them out and then theirs just what any other game has, and thus not really any problem.

their isn’t a 100 of these per route, play the route less than 3 times and you will probably collect them all, and get to fixing them. Im willing to bet a lot it ain’t just me who picks up on 10ish major bugs of things within one route length run after picking up a new dlc.

I also hold all stores to account for this, they couldn’t care less whether a product they are selling works as long as they get cash. If a company sold a game or dlc with it complete nothing style broken, the stores would still care about as much as if it just had a slight flickering bug (not at all)

I’m nearly out of Internal storage on Xbox SX (not at all keen on splashing out £200 or over for more any time soon)

9 games sit their (82.1 GB free), I have others that I can’t have sitting their, as I can’t have around 10GB as one update or dlc from any of them could wipe that out, then no further updates or dlc for me.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2023
  3. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

I was really hoping the release of Peak Forest would allow for the opportunity to coincide with an updated Spirit of Steam, but since there's no mention of this I suspect Peak Forest will become another fire and forget project with no future potential. I get that DTG can't spend too long improving existing DLCs without churning out new paid content but there must be some margin for support, especially as they're missing the trick of reintroducing renewed appeal with existing content by introducing new features. I would love to see the 4F on Spirit of Steam, but I highly doubt that will happen or they'd have mentioned it by now.

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

I will watch the stream, but right now my feeling is that I can easily pass on this one.

• Like Like x 7
  5. owenroser19

owenroser19 Well-Known Member

It’s exactly what I expected. It’s the DTG flywheel, and it’s not stopping anytime soon.

Making money is the number 1 priority, the quality of content will not get better. It’s been like this since rail works days (14 years ago).

• Like Like x 10
  6. Scott295

Scott295 Well-Known Member

I am always happy for new content! :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

This has gone from being my Number One most awaited route of the five originally announced to, they are really going to have to sell it.
    As an absolute minimum:
    Steam physics, sound and the godawful safety valves blowing drowning everything out needs to have been addressed.
    Assurance that an early diesel layer is being worked on including green Class 45 and an all new Class 104 DMU.
    A catering vehicle included in the consists where conveyed on the prototype.
    An adequate explanation of why the route didn't at least go to Derby rather than nowhere to nowhere.
    Otherwise it can wait for 40% off at Christmas (if even then).

• Like Like x 18
  8. coursetim

coursetim Well-Known Member

Everything said there has been said so many times since the announcement and you do have to wonder if dtg have paid any paid any attention to it?

Im going to be upset if we're sat there listening to the safety valve all stream again.

• Like Like x 6
  9. max#2873

max#2873 Well-Known Member

One things we can do instead of upsetting ourselves on this forum, is start submitting tickets for every flaws we find. It needs to be processed by DTGs cells, it needs to be formalised and incorporated in thier systems... and maybe someday evaluated by the owner... Forum is fakly constructive.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

They won't be seeing my money even in a sale without some realistic DLC to follow.

I don't mind another piece of DLC if it is an improvement in quality over some of the releases. However even if this route is bug free and the best looking TSW route ever, the historical inaccuracies are too much to bare.

No DMU on the Millers Dale Shuttle, no class 45, mark 1's on everything (it is like the LIma catalogue of 1979), route which goes from nowhere to nowhere. Plus the dodgy steam physics.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2023
    • Like Like x 16
  11. chieflongshin

To be fair if enough of us chipped in, submitted an influx of support tickets (genuine ones) for every single item somoen will eventually sit up and say "what's going on"

• Like Like x 9
  12. Matzo

Matzo Active Member

The safety valve issue seems like such an easy fix to me, there still so many options left on the shift/ steam shift functions...

Would it not make sense to be able to set the average PSI you want the fireman to aim for if using automatic? A bit like the way AFB functions in game currently with the blue "Aim line" on the HUD.

• Like Like x 2
  13. mattwild55

mattwild55 Well-Known Member

The most disappointing thing is that this route was announced earlier than normal and there should have been time to fold in the community feedback and work to produce a product that was actually in demand. Whoever agreed the scope for Peak Forest has properly stuffed it up, with the problem compounded by all of the feedback provided in good faith being totally ignored.

I'm really close to falling off the 'trust thermocline' with DTG right now and becoming a casual browser picking up the odd DLC in sales rather than the relatively dedicated customer I've been up until this point.

For those who are unfamiliar with the concept of the 'trust thermocline', check this out:

The Trust Thermocline Explains How Companies “Suddenly” Lose Customers And Employees | by Adam Fisher / fisher king (@therightstuff) | Medium

• Like Like x 17
    • Helpful Helpful x 4
  14. chieflongshin

Very similar to the psychological contract, once it's eroded so is your money. I've gone from every single dlc to one out of the last 6-7 for exact the reasons you menfioned

• Like Like x 11
  15. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

I wasn’t aware that SOS was fixed………..
    a sequel to spirit of steam……. Interesting ……

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

I can't even bother buying the new routes anymore, they're stupidly expensive nowadays. I'll just have to wait about half a year for them to receive a reasonable discount, and who knows, maybe by then there'll be around 4-5 less bugs than there were at launch.

• Like Like x 8
  17. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

I rarely look forward to new routes in TSW nowadays :| - with the exception of just the TSW 3 base routes (SEHS Extended and Kassel-Wurzburg being excellent that I both love and play a lot) as well as the much enjoyable Bremen-Oldenburg, the majority of TSW 3 routes have been a big disappointment to me, with a big factor too being their timetables!

While I do consider getting the much-anticpated Niddletalbahn at some point (as I'm a big fan of German routes too), and perhaps maybe Cross City and E-G, although the latter two I have no immediate excitement as I may enjoy these as a fan of modern UK, but not sure how much long-term replayability and variety they have.

DTG really need to slow down on this continuing pace of new routes - if every route were like London Commuter, both Dresden routes, or even old but still high-quality routes like GWE or ECW, then I'd be very happy.

Thus, my ultimate wishes for both DTG and third-party developers is to sort/fix any remaining issues with a majority of existing content - why not even give some of the most popular older routes a refresh with updated timetables too as that's a win-win surely? And, regarding new routes, please take your time and lets have some high-quality and longer examples with some fantastic, epic timetables. It's no coincidence why I still play more older pre TSW 3-era routes because they mostly seemed much better quality overall.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  18. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Ive gone from buying every single route on release in 2021-2022, to picking up Bremen, Edinburgh Glasgow, the Acela and Niddertalbahn at full price and Trenton at 40% off.

West Rhien and Midland Mainline sit on my wishlist as does the ROG 37 waiting for a sizeable discount. West Cornwall Steam is waiting for SoS fixes to materialise before purchase.
    The German railbow & Cajon Pass Union Pacific seem like very poor value for what you get for your buck so would need a 70%+ discount to even make me consider them

I don't actually even confidently know the name of the latest steam route, it's Ambergate Junction something perhaps?? And nothing about it is making me even slightly excited about it.

I love the game and trains in general but it seems DTG are taking it in a direction I don't want to go.

It's sad really

• Like Like x 8
  19. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

Much agreed with you all. It's highly frustrating and quite frankly, rather concerning, when a lot of the newer content no longer seems to hold the same excitement or appeal - especially to those of the playerbase who perhaps are the most passionate and play the game the most - as compared to the older days of TSW when each new DLC seemed to have some kind of wow factor. What is happening with the direction of TSW?! :(

• Like Like x 1
  20. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Not interested at all in new routes from DTG at the moment - that's for TSW. The quality of their TSC products has been surprisingly good recently, with no serious issues anymore.

With more financial resources at their hands now, they should F O C U S on fixing the long standing issues reported, and then take more time for developing new routes.

This will help building a better reputation and attracting more players - which in turn means more revenue per DLC and less strict development deadlines, which then means using the full potential of the game again.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2023
    • Like Like x 5
  21. AtherianKing

There definitely needs a minimum focus on completely breaking issues with recent releases, it’s unfortunately gone further down the path of bad issues from side issues to one stop from unplayable in cases.

the impression has been given, that’s it’s down to rushed content. Any argument suggesting that it’s necessary to rush will surely only lead to the franchises downfall, if you can’t spend the time needed to properly release a product in a reliable state then clearly it ain’t viable.

I haven't purchased as much since the start of TSW3

primary reasons:

- bad bugs make product completely avoid as theirs feeling what’s their is how it stays, and not to expect what you find fixed

I got very hyped for Edinburgh to Glasgow then it released in a complete distasteful state, still pressing issues with it since some got patched, so I haven’t justified its purchase yet.

-on top of the downhill bugs, prices have gone up, if quality was rising it’s massively more understandable than paying more for what’s seemed lately less quality (not taken into account inflation World stuff)

edit 1:
    - I will also add a third reason that i have majority of routes probably over 75% of them, likewise with locos so I’ve got quite a bit to use and wouldn’t feel I'm getting my value, if I didn’t spend time with them more, before adding to that list.

(edit 2: I do think it will be a strongly bad move, to release the new steam route without covering some of the pressing issues SOS had. Those calling for that to happen are probably some of the top customers for steam content, not getting that sorted first will in my opinion put them off.)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2023
    • Like Like x 5
  22. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

They lost me at NYT……..

• Like Like x 6
  23. alexjjones6024

alexjjones6024 Well-Known Member

I think that the increase in AI and services is also quite important here. There has been an ever decreasing trend of services since Rush Hour and I am rather enjoying my ventures on TSC. I'll let you guys spend your money on this and feedback to us eager (fellow) community members. I won't take the punt again, it was quite enjoyable getting a refund on MML to then play on TSC and enjoy a stroll on a 222/Meridian and appreciating the lineside foliage...

• Like Like x 7
  24. AtherianKing

I’ve definitely been putting that down as another link to rushing out content. Like major bugs it fits in as a by product of no time due to rush.

• Like Like x 3
  25. 85Leaf

85Leaf Active Member

I'm looking forward to Peak Valley c.1963. But then, I've also found MML(PC) to be quite playable, and enjoyable, despite the few bugs, signaling issues, and missing assets which are well documented. It may seem like DTG are shoving the DLC out the door, but I'm wondering if that could be put down to the various 3rd party developers completing their contracts around the same point in time. Chalk it up to the vagaries of development? If they hadn't put anything out for a year, there'd be people saying "Game is Dead", setting off a flurry of nonsense and more white noise...

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  26. Delta_Who

Delta_Who Well-Known Member

Not to be the nasty cynic, but I've actually had a nicer time avoiding the forums... and avoiding TSW 3 releases. The higher prices and the impulsive need to release new content is dragging TSW. We've obviously been through this kabul with DTG for years, but it feels different for me this year... I feel significantly detached from TSW releases.

In the case of Peak Valley, route actually looks ok compared to other releases. 4F is great to have. But there are items which drag it down... mostly the washed out lighting and potentially under-equipped firing system. Lack of diesels (I believe they ran during this time period). It feels like another release that doesn't want to take a significant investment into building an experience.

And that really is the problem with TSW isn't it. This is not the immersive, expansive world we were promised... with multiplayer, editor tools, connected "expansions" that have their routes and timetables linked, study level locomotives. Even the basic things like AI traffic on timetables, dispatch/guards. Even basic basic mechanics of the sim have not made an appearance for a long while e.g. fueling. Each DLC is "Throttle up, throttle down" and marketing will pretend that there is some sort of challenge or intricate mechanic that really separates the route. That's part of the reason why everyone got so overhyped for EDN by Rivet. (Look, train sounds... moths... pianos... new!)

There may be some people at DTG and third parties who might look at re-occurring names in the forums and discord... and think that people are just having a "reactionary" communal moan. Rest assured that I don't... and I would love to support your stuff. But I think alot of people are trying to politely say "Enough, just please fix something".

• Like Like x 25
  27. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

I bet there will be plenty of people who will pre-order to get the 10% discount.
    Just watch these forums get filled with threads about the inevitable issues.

• Like Like x 6
  28. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

Me thinking right now you should consider to purchase a used car from a used car sales store, sold by a used car sales man, rather than a DTG DLC. And you'd be better off. Most likely. I think.

• Like Like x 1
  29. AtherianKing

definitely played a big part in the hype I had for that route. And a loco I wanted to see in TSW for quite some time, all positive on my end until, Surely doing all that meant the basics were covered…

30. Delta_Who

One would hope... :D

• Like Like x 2
  31. grumypop51

grumypop51 Well-Known Member

Will they though? Given our past experiences, I doubt it very much. DTG has gone from being passionate about trains and train sims, to being only passionate about bringing in the coin and being able to spin us a yarn about how they 'don't have time', too hard, not enough staff and on it goes. I begin to strongly suspect that nobody from DTG even really looks at the forums any more. Seems to me we are being treated with absolute contempt.

• Like Like x 5
  32. Der Uni

Der Uni Well-Known Member

I don't want to excuse it, but I think all the recent DLC is also released unfinished because of the Focus Entertainment takeover. I'm sure there are certain contract terms where after a certain point in time Focus Entertainment makes the price determination and DTG still wants to run the last DLCs (and the Money from it) through their hands. Also in the future FI will decide where, when, which updates will be made and no longer DTG. Consequently, this DLC was also released with the errors from Spirit of Steam, simply because there was no more time due to the takeover.

I know, there is another Topic about the Takeover, but for this Example (Release) that was the first thing that i thought of when i read it.

• Like Like x 3
  33. Delta_Who

Think of it like this. Out of ETS2's 79 DLC packs... only 2 have a mixed rating. The rest are all positive. The 2 upcoming DLCs will also likely sell well (despite one being in Russia). They have built up a platform so well, that

a) You feel the impulsive need to purchase as much of their content
    b) You trust they can do the job.

Ditto with some other titles like Cities Skylines (Although they have admittingly more mixed experiences).

Then look at the last 10-15 releases on TSW (Credit to Alextrostar from the TSC discord)
    [​IMG]

Whilst you could argue that there is a correlation of an improving trend... the quality is just all over the place. Why?

- Deadlines are obviously important in the gaming world, but is it worth it at the sacrifice of just "getting it out on time"
    - Despite what DTG want to tell us... QA and QT are obviously suffering in TSW3... when you have things such as "Class 37 doors not animated correctly" or "Edinburgh lighting not baked in tunnels properly". These are all red flag indicators that the devs are just scrambling till the last minute, and that really is not healthy.
    - As this growing list of semi-successful and fumbled DLCs grow... it will get exponentially more difficult to go back and maintain this -> At some point a route/loco will get dropped from support internally -> Increased player dissatisfaction that it is not the full experience.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  34. Turbojugend

Turbojugend Well-Known Member

How do I feel about it? Well, I guess I'd have to dig up my post from two years ago when I said DTG's hectic release schedule was likely affecting the quality of their output. Despite assurances to the contrary, it sure seems as though we're now getting even more DLC with even less attention to detail, and at an even higher price.

I'm usually a "cup-half-full" kinda guy and I love me some TSW, but DLC-mania has definitely taken its toll. And yes, I realize I don't have buy every single one, believe me I don't. But the one I did decide to purchase recently has left me underwhelmed. Of course, it had to be NYT...

• Like Like x 6
  35. Der Uni

Der Uni Well-Known Member

DTG, i will pay you 23,99 Euro for a DLC (not on Sale).
    You can take it....or not.

Decrease your prices...damn man
    Iam outta here...

• Like Like x 1
  36. Bravo2six

Bravo2six Well-Known Member

The Heart of Russia has been scrapped and cancelled. SCS have stated they will unlikely ever sell it.

Then again, if you look on their forums, there are alot of bugs and issues in their content too, alot of which never gets fixed.
    ScS are great, don't get me wrong, but they aren't saints either.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  37. StrikeEagle78

StrikeEagle78 Well-Known Member

Maybe they have a slogan posted in their offices: "We're not happy until they're unhappy" :D

• Like Like x 1
  38. grumypop51

grumypop51 Well-Known Member

Job well done in that case. Everyone gets a big bonus!:D

• Like Like x 1
  39. chieflongshin

Lets put a stick in the sand here. I've seen redrev1917 mention as have I that buying a new dlc with the 10% discount still works out more expensive than a bundle pack (no doubt) repurchasing something you already have.

Lets see if the last two times JD has posted to say he will feed back to the retail teams see if they have actually worked on the feedback.

40. Yoinkermcskoinker

Yoinkermcskoinker Well-Known Member

Quote from the article: "if you gradually provide less quality for more money, you are gradually eroding your customers’ trust in you as a provider. At some point your customers will lose faith and bail, and it won’t be because of one specific change. It will be due to a breach of faith so bad that leaving or switching to a new provider will be worth the cost.
    He explains that this breach is never sudden and silent. Customers complain — everyone on Medium is familiar with this, every time there’s a change in algorithm or interface a multitude of articles come out declaring the end of Medium — but their grumblings are largely ignored by the provider because the customers are still putting money down."

• Like Like x 5
  41. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Should be pushed back and released with Community input

• Like Like x 6
  42. alexjjones6024

alexjjones6024 Well-Known Member

If you look back at TSC, you will see there are certain features which have an element of realism. Take the latest sky enhancement pack from AP and you're laughing, it is so good.

The MML route is far more interactive and immersive, that it actually has a feel of 'real life'. I look at the version that has recently been released and I just don't feel immersed. It is the way forward, same as the BCC route which is my local route but New Street is so dead. Such a shame, it was going places but I haven't got the time to invest anymore as I'll probably be 50 when they release further DLC or the Pres crew take a look at the route..

• Like Like x 4
  43. Stueyboy43

Stueyboy43 Member

I still have not bought TSW3, despite having TSW from the start on PS, and I really thought that the likes of MML (local line to me, I could almost see my house) and Peak Forest would get me to buy the game, but with watching the releases coming out over the recent Months I have not been given enough confidence to put my money into the game.

I've loved TSW, but I lost interest a bit when I got S.O.S with the issues it has (the safety valves are my biggest bugbear). I gave the game a rest and just never been back.

In fact the money put aside for the purchase of TSW3 and DLC went on an XBox X and MS Flightsim, with joystick/rudder peddles etc. This is money DTG would have had from me if the quality was better.

I hope to return to TSW one day, when I see an improvement in overall quality.

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  44. As a real world diesel locomotive driver, you people don't know how good you have got it.

What other simulation equals this??

None!

I would clear up a few bugs if I could but honeslty I looked at Tehachapi Pass in TSC the other day and it was awful!! I did enjoy Donner and Marias and the Seattle route through the mountains back years ago etc...

But the physics has been done so well.

I see comeents like...
    the post is missing

I can't use this button which does this (and doesn't have anything to do with primary controls).....

All comments are legitimate and fair but seriously some people need to go back to MSTS or RW (TSC) and just see how a train with 100 cars handles.

I am enjoying the year of 2023 with the releases of new DLC!

I am sure DTG and Focus are too.

I am sure I will get a number or rebuttals but that is my whole point!!!

If you aren't happy with it go elsewhere!!

Or help others....

Be constructive in your criticism and find out for yourself (like in court-no hearsay!) and then see if the problem even though it needs a fix, will cause you lifelong dramas ROFL......

Enjoy life my friends.... choo chooo

• Like Like x 5

45. Life isn't all smooth but we all enjoy trains and this year has been great so far.

I saw the passengers in the vestibule blocking me in MML but I lo9ve the route. I just need to love the new Scottish route!!

I'm off to work on my love skills with Scotland rail... !!! Choo choo!!! <3

46. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I think I'm quite fine with seeing another DLC release. Looking forward seeing another steam route.

As for all the bugs in the game, I don't know... despite extremely poor reviews, I've actually enjoyed NY-Trenton. Sure it has flaws, but that didn't stop me enjoying the route. No regrets in purchasing it. Also no regrets in buying Rivet DLC, which I've also enjoyed despite its flaws.

And well... I simply haven't found any other train simulation game that I enjoy more. Despite having several train sims around, they each come with their own set of drawbacks and downsides.

• Like Like x 1
  47. deeuu#6908

deeuu#6908 Well-Known Member

How do I feel? pragmatic.

It's clear that DTG are having a lot of issues at the moment, and I am sensible enough to realise that if they aren't making a decent revenue stream they won't be around much longer, the acquisition by Focus is a clear indication that financials were/are an issue.

I also appreciate that some people think the latest releases are subpar, but personally I feel that they are just good enough to please the silent majority.

I also think that the constant stream of negativity that some posters seem to revel in is extremely damaging, it's not hard to see the current trajectory, if you don't like it, don't buy into it and go elsewhere, trying to push the product in a direction it's clearly not going to go it not helpfully for anyone.

All the latest releases have, at least for me, offered just enough for the entry fee, sure there are issues, but nothing that stops me enjoying what's there, I think people either need to start tempering their expectations, or go elsewhere.

• Like Like x 1
  48. phil.elliott

phil.elliott Well-Known Member

I'm normally quite positive for a number of reasons - or at least, I try to offer some context for development and publishing issues. The other reason is that I know nothing about trains, but I just enjoy simulators and find the different locos and routes interesting. So far the only DLCs I haven't bought for TSW are the Christmas thing and the latest livery pack - but I don't think Peak Forest will join my collection, and maybe I've reached a turning point.

Primarily this is due to SoS issues, and nothing so far about anything there being addressed with this release... but even if they are, why make us wait until a new DLC to actually issue fixes? I don't see why that's defensible. And, to join the chorus of "too much PDLC, not enough quality control" - the priorities have at this point switched utterly to income-seeking and there's no clear plan or vision for whether or not even recently-released routes (other than MML, thanks to Skyhook's direct comms) will actually be addressed.

And on top of that, the fatigue of some timetables or even rail journeys not being completable due to red lights or other issues. So even I'm becoming jaded now. I just want a break where taking care of existing customers remotely looks like a priority.

• Like Like x 4
  49. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Still no buffet cars… :cool::cool::cool:

• Like Like x 2
  50. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I’m another that used to buy everything, but recently I’ve only bought Linke Rheinstrecke and Niddertalbahn.

For me I don’t mind them releasing as many DLCs as they can, but they are not keeping pace with fixes and that is my problem.

There are still many broken things in TSW3 that haven’t been addressed for too long. The one that bothers me for example is the broken Dosto in rapid transit - Yes you can use a different one in timetables, but not in scenarios. It works in TSW2 so it should work in TSW3. There are many other examples on the forum.

We still don’t know if there will be a fix for the existing steam issues before this release.

So I have to say that DTG still need to sort out their priorities. They missed a huge opportunity when they said they were taking a break and fixing bugs when they were actually working on TSW3 (which introduced more).

This is going to have to be a very good release for me to want it and given recent releases, I’m not optimistic. The price increase in Switzerland which makes it cost 25% more than the Uk given current exchange rates isn’t helping and on XBox it could be a long time until a decent sale.

I just don’t have any motivation to buy new routes at the moment.

• Like Like x 13