Tsc Screenshot Contest - April 2023 - Week 16

Discussion in 'Creation Centre' started by DTG Jamie, Apr 24, 2023.

?
  1. Grand Vistas

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  2. Nature and Animals

6 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Sunshine

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. Tunnels

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  5. Night

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  1. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Welcome back to the Train Simulator Screenshot Contest!

This week's theme is: Rare workings

You can vote for next week's theme in the poll attached to this thread. What is your choice?

Follow us on Instagram (instagram.com/trainsim) to see your screenshots featured on our feed!

How does it work?

You can submit your screenshot to the thread, and every Monday we will choose which screenshots will go to the loading screens. Shortly after, we will open a new thread and announce the winners. Each week has its own theme which is voted for by the community.

Competition Rules:
    • Limit is 2 screenshots per person; 1 screenshot per post.
    • Include in your post the route the screenshot was taken on as well as the name of the train (if applicable).
    • Screenshots must be in a 16:9 resolution, at least 1920x1080 pixels.
    • Screenshots must fit the theme of the week, as stated at the beginning of this post.
    • In order to qualify for the competition, screenshots must be taken from products published by Dovetail Games that are currently on sale.
    Other Rules:

• Official content only. Please make sure anything that is not available on the Steam Store or Dovetail Store is not shown in the screenshot. - This means no reshade, repaint mods, track upgrades or workshop routes.
    • Your entry may be disqualified if it is deemed to not follow these rules. Please limit chat to only when absolutely necessary.
    • Competition closes at mid-day Monday (UK time). The winner will be chosen every Monday.
    • Winner's Prize: The winning screenshot will appear in the game as a loading screen for 1 week!
    (Please Note since the new update which changes loading times we have decided to change it to 1 week)

T&C:
    • Please refer the terms and conditions for this competition here:
    https://dovetailgames.com/competition-terms-and-conditions/
    • Note that by submitting an entry to this contest, you are consenting to us using your screenshot as a loading screen and showing it on our social media channels (such as Instagram)

2. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Someone is gonna have to explain this theme to me, cause I have no clue what it means...

3. triznya.andras

triznya.andras Well-Known Member

Sounds very British language to me, Google suggests rare movements, which could include work trains, trainset deliveries, possibly inspection trains or visiting backup routes with an otherwise atypical heavy train during closure. If you stretch it, late jobs could count such as freight on the Northeast Corridor or Pacific Surfliner. Having said that, reproducing some of the recent track bed fixes on the Surfliner, involving BNSF power and various hoppers could likely count. Except the term somehow communicates "moving train" to me, working from point A to B. As such, the Big Boy with freight today, in real life should be such a rare working (operation, service). Or the ICE on the NEC, although the term is rare, not unique, which suggests some frequency.

Edit #23: I would love some clarification by Jamie about their dreams and expectations, given a lot of options are obscure. I may claim that my shot of the Cab Forward from 2013 is rare footage, or have an easy shot of virtually any earlier UP steam release over Donner with a railtour. But to the naked eye, unaware of the very specifics of the picture, all this might look like a very regular screenshot. Heck, any capture from Donner Pass #1 Director Special qualifies.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2023
  4. IronBladder

IronBladder Well-Known Member

My understanding is rare or unusual consists (formations is the UK term), but it could be interpreted wider.

A 'working' when used as a noun is usually understood to mean a planned train movement from one place to another.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2023
  5. I`m a railfan obviously

I`m a railfan obviously Well-Known Member

Route: Chatham Mainline & Medway Valley Lines. Train: Class 59
    A rare train on the Chatham Mainline pulled by two push-pull 59s (59203 and 59005) and one of them in the Yeoman livery! Screenshot_Chatham Main & Medway Valley Lines_51.18528-0.39711_12-08-07.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. IronBladder

IronBladder Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

In October 2020 the sole BR Class 89 was pulled from Barrow Hill to the Birmingham Soho Depot for 25kV testing as part of its restoration programme. And I saw it outside Soho Depot on my daily commute.

Class 89 & Class 66 on the Midland Main Line: Sheffield - Derby route.

• Like Like x 3
  7. stan#3123

stan#3123 New Member

Screenshot_Hamburg to Lübeck_53.72787-10.26902_12-01-18.jpg A DB BR 218 coming to the rescue of a broken down DB BR 114
    Route: Hamburg - Lübeck

• Like Like x 2
  8. snapnfix

snapnfix Member

[​IMG]
    The Corris No.7 Loco manoeuvres onto a lorry on the Corris Railway route.

• Like Like x 5
  9. cscarpenter

cscarpenter Well-Known Member

20230426220856_1.jpg
    GT3 (gas turbine number 3) was a prototype mainline gas turbine locomotive built in 1961 by English Electric at their Vulcan Foundry in Newton-le-Willows to investigate the use of its gas turbines in rail traction applications. Here it is seen running trials just outside of Ashburys on the Woodhead Line.
    Loco:- BR GT3, (Class EM1 on the rear)
    Route:- Woodhead Line

Last edited: Apr 26, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Snowman

Snowman Member

Train Simulator (x64) 26_04_23 15_50_17.png
    At least twice in early 2019, daylight ballast trains operated by commuter locomotives ran in South Florida. This was a rare sight, as most work on the line occurs at night. Two now extinct F40PHL-2 engines lead this rather interesting run south past Opa Locka on the Miami to West Palm Beach route.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Snowman

Snowman Member

Train Simulator (x64) 28_04_23 16_06_09.png
    A DB Class 59/2 makes a rare engine move with an EWS Class 66 in tow past Three Bridges station.
    Trains: Class 59/2, Class 66, Class 377 Electrostar
    Route: London to Brighton

• Like Like x 2
  12. Cuddy_Man

Cuddy_Man Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    This photo was taken on the Hope Valley, which is in TSC, but not Steam.

It inspired me to create this.
    [​IMG]
    LMS 8F and Class 37 on the Weardale and Teesdale route.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  13. I`m a railfan obviously

I`m a railfan obviously Well-Known Member

Route: Frankfurt-Koblenz Train: OBB 1116
    very rare for a OBB train to run through the Rhine Valley. Screenshot_Frankfurt Koblenz_50.28676-7.61034_11-55-18.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  14. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

15. stan#3123

stan#3123 New Member

Congratulations!

16. snapnfix

snapnfix Member

It's lovely to see my screenshot on the loading page. DTG Jamie, thanks for picking me.

The loco is driving up on to the lorry, not unloading. I created a free roam to take the shot. One thing I found out was if you keep on driving, the loco doesn't stop at the tailboard, it drops down and disappears into the earth!