Fishing Sim World What Iswrong With My Set Up??

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Support' started by robertduthie, Jan 27, 2019.

1. robertduthie

robertduthie New Member

I am new on here getting on ok but I cant cast more than 28 yards on the bass /predator mode I have the best rod reel line lure but I cant get it over 28 yards while others are getting 44 yards with the same set up can I get hep on this or could a dev come and please explain

• Like Like x 1
  2. SPACE ODDITY

SPACE ODDITY Active Member

I am not an expert on lure fishing, but I will try to explain :)

When lure fishing you wont be able to cast as far like you can with course fishing, just like you wouldn't in real life. While lure fishing, you cast distance with depend on the rod and lure you are using. Some rods cast further then others, heavy lures will cast a little further then light lures. Like sink lures are generally heavier then float lures, and will cast further.

3. robertduthie

robertduthie New Member

in the shop the lures are not given a weight is it buy and try ??

4. SPACE ODDITY

SPACE ODDITY Active Member

That's correct buddy, you kind to have to try and take note which cast further. I found sink lures cast further in general.

5. Daft Badger

Daft Badger Active Member

Surface lures tend to be the lightest so wont cast very far,diving lures are next,then the plastic lures & then sinking lures/spoons cast furthest as they are heavier.
    That's just a rough idea from my experience.I tend to get between about 28 yards up to about 46 yards depending on the lure.

6. robertduthie

robertduthie New Member

daft badger are you on total casting or holding the mouse button down to 100??

7. robertduthie

robertduthie New Member

must have been some kind of glitch in my game out bass fishing today and getting 28-37 yards with the same setup I could only get 28 yards max with before also getting clean strikes now

8. Daft Badger

I'm on xbox mate so using a controller.I use the noob casting,can't get on with total casting lol

9. robertduthie

robertduthie New Member

I am now on an xbox controller much easier but I find one fishing trip I can get longer casts then others must be a glitch in my game or are all like that??

10. Daft Badger

To be honest I don't really pay attention to my casting distance when lure fishing,only when Carp/Course fishing as I like to hit the same spot every time if I can,especially if I remember to use the Spod as well.
    I'll try & check my casting distances next time i'm lure fishing & see if it's the same for me.