PC Finally I've Purchased Bcc Yippeee!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by theBrummieTSWDriver, Apr 27, 2023.

1. theBrummieTSWDriver

theBrummieTSWDriver Active Member

I've finally gone and done it, and bit the bullet!
    As a Brummie I am now whole, as I've finally purchased Birmingham Cross City..
    upload_2023-4-27_15-33-16.png

Also I treated myself to something extra as a treat Niddertalbahn.

• Like Like x 4
  2. firas#2762

firas#2762 Active Member

3. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Way to go and since you used the Xbox Store PC Game Pass you can simply install that on the Xbox series X Xbox One version.

4. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I think they are both very good routes. Niddertalbahn in particular is very atmospheric.

• Like Like x 1
  5. theBrummieTSWDriver

It was a really hard decision between the Niddertalbahn and the Linke Rheinstrecke: Mainz.
    I ended up flipping a coin, and Niddertalbahn was the one that won

• Like Like x 1
  6. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

I’ve also recently purchased Birmingham Cross-City, only played a bit of it so far. I love it purely for the Class 323, what a wonderful EMU it is!

• Like Like x 2
  7. theorganist

I am waiting for them to upload a fix for Linke Rheinstrecke before I purchase it, it does look lovely though and I love the look of the stock.

• Like Like x 2
  8. theBrummieTSWDriver

That's where I'm glad that the coin favoured Niddertalbahn.

I must say, the 323 is a joy to drive. Apart from the ghost town of B'ham New Street, I think I am going to really enjoy this route.

I So Hope! that DTG do a route From New Street that passes through Perry Barr and onto Walsall and Telford DTG Matt wink! wink! nudge! nudge!

• Like Like x 1
  9. theorganist

Well if they went towards Telford I hope they would go all the way to Shrewsbury. Leaving the cityscape of Birmingham and finishing in pretty Shrewsbury with its mechanical signalling would be a nice touch.

• Like Like x 1
  10. theBrummieTSWDriver

Don't be daft! Routes don't have proper starting and ending points?
    Though It would be nice to drive from New Street to Shrewsbury's stunning station. What a building!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  11. theBrummieTSWDriver

I would love to see this included in the route..
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  12. rjeeves#3580

rjeeves#3580 Active Member

Ahh the largest mech signal box left in the world. I've still got my DVD of 'One day in Severn' somewhere.

• Like Like x 2
  13. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I get some of the adulation for BCC but not yet re-added to my collection.
    Can anyone confirm if:
    1. The gap/step in levels of the canal has been addressed?
    2. Lineside fencing in place between the railway and canal where large sections were previously omitted?
    3. The Redditch branch now looks more like the Warwickshire countryside than the plonk a tree down on the green billiard table, MSTS style.

14. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

I’m currently looking at Birmingham as well because it’s on sale on PlayStation. But Linke Rheinstrecke and Glasgow-Edinburgh are also discounted! Will have to decide between the three… Linke Rheinstrecke will hopefully be getting a post-release patch soon, plus I can use the 628 from Niddertalbahn on there, but Glasgow still looks quite bad despite the patch it received. Feedback on Birmingham seems to have been quite positive from the very beginning.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  15. theBrummieTSWDriver

I'm refusing to touch Edinburgh Glasgow unless Rivet fixes it.

16. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I bought BCC in the first sale, but it's been relegated to the " rainy day closet " for now. After a few runs on the admittedly well-made 323 it got rather boring, what with the one train and the cemetery that they call New Street.

The clincher was the awful night lighting with Birmingham in a post -apocalyptic power cut, 5pm rush hour journeys in complete darkness.

I don't think I'll be buying any more UK routes until they add more trains, more AI and a decent timetable. They're currently not worth $40.

The Peak Forest is intriguing in that it resurrects a lost railway, but, unless they add some diesel traction, it's not for me.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  17. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Me too and what told me to get it in the first place was I had a poll between Birmingham Cross City and NEC Trenton to New York Penn Station via New Brunswick Rutgers University Robert Wood Johnson Hospital. In that poll everyone suggested Birmingham Cross City

18. theBrummieTSWDriver

Crosstie I'm with both of you on this.
    I only purchased it because Birmingham is my home city, and New Street is just up the road from me.
    It just a pity that it's yet another one loco route with issues, and is probably yet another route that will never
    get the fixes that it deserves, and will be shoved into the back of the dusty dark cupboard where DTG always seem to shove
    everything once released!
    I really do wish that DTG would do something about fixing BCC especially the night lighting at and above Birmingham.
    They need to visit Birmingham or any other city or town at night. Then they would see that the skies are flooded with the orange
    and white glow of the millions of street lights, thousands of security lights and lights from businesses. They are sure as hell not filled
    with the millions of stars of the Milky way. You'd be very lucky to see 10 stars in the suburbs of a city.
    This isn't just the issue with BCC, it's the same on every route that they have produced!
    As a astronomer I really do wish that the skies over our cities and surrounding areas look like how DTG portray them. It would make
    an astronomers life a lot easier and cheaper!

DTG, This is what a sky looks like at night over a City or a Town..
    upload_2023-4-27_23-51-20.png

Though I do understand why DTG probably do the skies and the lighting like they do.
    Just imagine if they lit a city or a town up like in the above image. The hit on the frame rates would be catastrophic. But this shouldn't be used as a excuse for badly lit stations!

Last edited: Apr 28, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  19. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Are you on PC or console? On PC, mods have fixed all of the above.

20. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I like BCC; it is very well-executed for what it is (given mods to fix certain scenery issues). The 323 is a brilliant train; it rivals the 465 as DTG's best. Now, it is a one-line commuter stopper (with a fork at the south end between the Bromwich and Redditch lines), so if that isn't your cuppa then it isn't. But if you like, say, Cathcart, then I think BCC is a very good little route.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Scott295

Scott295 Well-Known Member

Both great routes, enjoy!

Linke Rheinstrecke is a great route too, very underrated.

• Like Like x 2
  22. theBrummieTSWDriver

As soon as I have the money, this will hopefully be my next purchase.

• Like Like x 1