Tranmsim

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by SBos, Apr 27, 2023.

1. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

Not sure exactly what the association is between DTG and the producers of Tramsim but DTG were certainly promoting its release.

I liked the idea of driving trams so purchased the game and in my views it is awful. The tutorials are very poor and look like something from a game made 10 years ago. The menus are very poorly laid out and confusing and already found several bugs.

‘Very, very disappointing and if you are thinking about purchasing I would recommend you don’t.

• Helpful Helpful x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  2. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

The game was made by ViewApp but published by DTG

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  3. richard cooper

richard cooper Active Member

Yes l have applied for a refund Doesn't even work properly on Xbox . Certainly not next generation

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. firas#2762

firas#2762 Active Member

What tram game, so we know?

5. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Tramsim

• Like Like x 1
  6. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

True. The devs have taken a leaf out of DTGs' book regarding tutorials.

Agreed on the menus, but that's hardly new in train sims. TSW2's UI was pretty horrible and TSW3's is more appropriate, but still a pain. Zusi's UI can be confusing and convoluted as well, but Tram Sim's is the worst of the bunch in my opinion. The only bug I found over several hours was a few trams apparently missing a carriage. Not good, but not bad enough for me to toss the game.

I'm not sure I agree with that. Despite the issues, I'm having quite a lot of fun with it. I really like the realistic door operations instead of DTGs' mostly fictional way of the driver actually opening them. The more interactive PIS and the announcements are a nice bonus. The game's far from perfect, but I don't regret buying it at all.

• Like Like x 3
  8. thomasdurnell22

thomasdurnell22 Member

I thought it is better than train sim world (PC version, idk about console) It is more realistic. It is harder than train sim as there are no UI aids such as distance to next station/signal. I'd say it is on the same level as OMSI in terms of difficulty.

One thing i dont like is how it doesnt tell you any speed limits.

I think the graphics are excellent, just as good as tsw, maybe even better. The sounds are fantastic as well. I dont think this game gets enough praise, it also has vr support.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2023
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. Lamplight

Yeah. Only really played Vienna so far and I see the little white-red signs every once in a while but I'm not sure what they actually mean. Are those speed limits valid to the next sign, for the next curve, the next switches, ...?

You can just turn them off for a more realistic experience. I certainly do.

While they're good, I'm really missing motion blur. Anything up to 25-30km/h looks fine but going at 50km/h looks awful without it.

Overall, I quite like it. It's a different experience compared to TSW. It is a bit of a rough gem though, so I can understand why you need to be able to cope with certain things to get the most out of it.

10. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

All those low budget sims are the same quality, they’re never good & it only took me a couple to learn so. You won’t find me purchasing anything like that.

This is where DTG has a massive USP (or would, if they’d take a moment to resolve the plethora of small bugs that plagues their catalogue).

• Like Like x 2
  11. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Anything with Aerosoft or TML on the cover is also best approached with extreme caution. Even SCS, not perfect - look at how they destroyed the really good truck sounds when switching to FMod. And Snowrunner, Focus’ current pride and joy, can be great fun but also incredibly frustrating (save game is poorly implemented) and most of the trucks struggle to do 3 km/h across anything other than smooth terrain, even when fully buffed.

• Like Like x 2
  12. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Yep, aerosoft are mostly the reason as to why I don’t buy into this category.

Don’t get me started on FMod haha, what a nightmare that was for me.

For snowrunner I do enjoy it, and I’ve enjoyed their later releases more, as the terrain has been abit more varied (read: we’ve had some paved roads). I get what you mean with the low speed though, but then that’s why I use ETS2, I think the two are very good at what they do, and if I’m honest it’s hard to think of two other titles that scratch the same itch in such a satisfying way, whilst being different enough not to bore me.

• Like Like x 2
  13. hyperlord

Has anyone tested the VR mode?

14. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

The game runs fine for me but I only got framerate drops at some termini when there’s a lot of passengers but that’s for a couple of seconds. The only things I regret is that NPC glitch being half on the pavement or flying in the air still there since PC version and the lack of AI traffic ( both trams and cars ). I know the reason is optimization as PS4 is not that powerful but common not on PS5. I wonder if they’ll release the E1 as well

15. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

I think PS4 players should think themselves lucky they got it. As its not available for Xbox One.

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  16. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

They patched the Xbox issue this morning

17. west coastway trains

west coastway trains Well-Known Member

It seems strange to me why it is available on PS5 and PS4 but only Xbox Series and not Xbox One

18. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Wasnt stable enough apparently, It had TOO many problems.

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  19. Lightspeed

Lightspeed Well-Known Member

I quite like it. Driving light rail trams for the first time is a fun experience. Hope the passengers don’t mind me braking hard for the first few hours of gameplay! I like driving the Munich trams more than the Vienna trams but, Vienna tram lines seem to be more longer in length compared to Munich tram lines…

Also, can’t quite work out the Ibis system due to German language barrier, the speed limits are sparse and the resolution of the gameplay itself? Can’t tell whether it’s in 1080p or 1400p resolution…

• Like Like x 2
  20. Lamplight

If only Munich had a vintage tram like Vienna's E2...
    I'll get around to Munich eventually but for now, I'm enjoying the old-school rolling stock too much :D

Yeah. I don't know if that's just something that isn't explained properly or whether trams are driven more like road vehicles with a lot of driver's judgement being involved.

Feel free to start a thread or message me. I haven't quite figured out everything myself, but as a German, there's no language barrier for me. That being said, the 'Early Shift' scenario makes a somewhat good job of explaining Vienna's system, at least.

21. hyperlord

Regarding IBIS I searched a popular search machine and the first result is an video in English ...

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  22. steveownzzz#6107

steveownzzz#6107 Well-Known Member

I think the game is pretty cool. Fun driving experience, you actually have to pay attention to signals and lights. Game looks great on PS5. Snow in this looks way better than on Fernbus Sim (on Fernbus snow looks super weird).

The UI stinks and the tutorials take some figuring out, but once you get past all of that and actually drive... it's a pretty cool experience. Time will tell what the long term reply value will be for me though. At some point, as I get deeper into it, I'd expect a way to figure out what the speed limits are and I'd want them to give us some sort of map to tell us if we're following the route correctly.

As for bugs, the sim genre in general seems to be as bad as it gets (or maybe it just seems that way because we expect total realism in simulators). Doesn't seem to be any worse than the other simulators I've played in that regard. Fishing NA drives me nuts with all the bugs in it.

23. steveownzzz#6107

yea Aerosoft is super hit or miss. Lots of miss. That truck sim they had was probably my fastest uninstall ever. Looked like a Sega Genesis game. I think they did alright with this TramSim but there's still the usual Aerosoft poor UI and annoying bugs.

24. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

Actually, compared to TramSim Vienna (on PC), TSW3 is the low quality product.

I really don't understand how some can still talk about quality when it comes to TSW, it's one of the worst train sims available currently

• Like Like x 3
  25. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Even Trainz..? :D:D:D:cool::cool::cool:

• Like Like x 1
  26. redtrainz

redtrainz Active Member

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  27. steveownzzz#6107

• Like Like x 1
  28. Lamplight

Thanks a bunch. I like to avoid pop-up menus whenever I can, but without a zoom function, I was having a rough time reading the labels in the cab.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

Thank you Redtrainz - a very useful document, I've been playing tramsim on pc since it came out, but your document is the first time I've come across an actual timetable!
    I had to disconnect my raildriver to allow me to use the HOTAS throttle for the sim, as it has problems when more that one controller is attached. There are a couple of bugs that still need to be addressed, hopefully they will deliver on these.

• Like Like x 1
  30. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

You should have watched at least a video about it? I watched a first look by a DTG affiliated streamer. I have to admit he ignored most of the carnage happening on screen but it was clear after one stop this game is very poorly made.

• Like Like x 1
  31. swift19

swift19 Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  32. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Maybe this should be moved to Off Topic?

• Like Like x 1
  33. ukpetey

ukpetey Well-Known Member

…and have the title of the thread amended

• Like Like x 2
  34. redtrainz

redtrainz Active Member

You're welcome. You can check the current timetable (there are slight changes every couple of years) anytime at https://www.mvv-muenchen.de/en/index.html - in the advanced options, exclude everything but tram; that should give the up to date info.

• Like Like x 1
  35. FredElliott

FredElliott Well-Known Member

Oh no, the...
    upload_2023-4-30_0-33-1.jpeg
    ...are here

36. ukpetey

The idea of a title is so it’s obvious what the thread is about. It’s nice that you felt empowered to post your (I expect you feel) witty yet cutting comment. I stand by my comment, if the thread is being moved maybe the title could also be amended to reflect the correct name of the title it refers to. Clearly a typo by the OP since it’s spelt correctly in his first post. If a mod is willing to move a thread then they’ll also have the function to amend the title

Realistically then more of a task for a housekeeper, and no requirement for police to attend, internet based or otherwise. Thank you for taking the time to comment

37. FredElliott

Nobody is going to move the thread. Nobody is going to re-title it. Move on and stop fretting over things that absolutely do not matter

If you feel that strongly about it, just report the thread instead of being passive-aggressive about where posts should or shouldn't be, and their titles

38. ukpetey

You seem to be the one who is bothered by it all. There was no need for you to get involved with your childish “internet police” comment in the first place. Take your own advice and move on

39. FredElliott

Ah you're one of those are you

40. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

Not going to lie, I thought this thread by its title was going to go along the lines of “this is train sim not a political push” if you know what I mean

rather it turned out to be someone who is leaving a review after having some bad times with the recent release of TramSim

Titles are important, to help get the answer the OP’s are looking for, i point this out only as it ain’t still 100% clear to what the OP wish to talk about from my perspective. If it was just “sim” spelt with 2 “MM’s” or something then no issue but when it’s seeming to be spelling something entirely different then it’s confusing.

• Like Like x 1