Amtrak’s Empire Corridor: New York - Albany-rensselaer

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by Joey1997, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Joey1997

Joey1997 Member

25E04424-CE3F-4940-8832-BF99256ACB6E.jpeg

Can you add this route? That includes Amtrak’s and Metro-North Railroad’s P32AC-DM with Amfleets and Shoreliners (All Shoreliner versions). This route is from both New York’s Penn Station and Grand Central Terminal to Albany-Rensselaer next to the Hudson River. The Hudson River is a beautiful river and I can’t wait to see it in Train Simulator 2019!

• Like Like x 13
  2. NJT Railfan

NJT Railfan Well-Known Member

Agreed! I would love this with the Hudson Line.

• Like Like x 1
  3. John Murphy

John Murphy Well-Known Member

And PLEASE do this for TS and NOT TSW! I'd like to see more than just Grand Central to Yonkers or Croton-Harmon and that's what you'd probably get if they made this for TSW. Now that TS is in 64 bit, they could easily make the whole line from NYC to Albany. I'd love to have the Hudson line and be able to make a full Amtrak Empire Service run. If they could make Marseille to Lyon, they can make this.

• Like Like x 1
  4. NJT Railfan

I'm guessing it will get done to Croton-Harmon which is approximately 35 miles.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. John Murphy

If it's done in TSW. I'd rather see it in TS so we can have a chance at getting the whole NYC to Albany route, or at least the entire Hudson Line from NYC to Poughkeepsie.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Meeper5

Meeper5 Well-Known Member

they already have metro north P32 but amtrak p32 and the hudson line would be great

7. Meeper5

maybe poughkeepsie

8. NJT Railfan

Hopefully, but so far the American routes have been getting shorter and shorter. So I don't have much hope for it to go that far. Even if it goes to Croton-Harmon, and expansion can get done.

• Like Like x 1
  9. John Murphy

They should have an Amtrak P32 and either M7 or M3 cars for local services on the Hudson Line. You can use the existing Metro North P32 DLC for trains to Poughkeepsie.

10. John Murphy

I think if they do it in TS, it will go to Poughkeepsie at least. If they do it in TSW however, we'll only get as far as Croton Harmon at the most.

11. NJT Railfan

Yeah, your right. TSW hasn't had routes over 40 miles yet, so it would make sense to have it go to Poughkeepsie since there have been long American Routes. I hope it gets as much or similar effort as Marias Pass considering it's the longest American route in the game.

• Like Like x 1
  12. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

DTG has seemingly gotten into the habit of doing shorter sections. Croton-Harmon being a major end-point along the line for electrics does seem likely, unfortunately, as extensions do give them time to focus on other content, where they could go back to it at a later date, and still make extra profit. I would prefer it go to Poughkeepsie, at the very least for the first section, as it is only about 74miles, if I'm not mistaken. But Albany would totally be welcomed as well.

• Like Like x 1
  13. John Murphy

They should at least take it to Poughkeepsie so we could have the entire range of Metro North runs. And yeah, if it comes out for TS, we have a chance at getting the whole route, even if it's not all at once. If it comes out for TSW, we're screwed.

• Like Like x 2
  14. rare_common_sense

There is a chance. But even with TS, they don't always give it all at once, or even the first time. I see it as an extension to the NYNH, or more likely, a standalone, which will more than likely be merged post-release. If done, I'd seriously be pretty excited for the Empire section from Penn Station to Spuyten Duyvil. That would be the only part I would imagine where Diesel operations would be most useful if they don't go beyond Croton-Harmon, which would be quite disappointing. But, something is better than nothing, which I'm usually hardpressed to say when it comes to DTG content, as it does in a sense sort of welcomes "corner cutting."

15. JoeTransit

JoeTransit Member

Yes, puh-leez! I would love to have the Empire Corridor implemented into TS. The Amtrak Empire Connection (between Penn and Riverdale), the Metro-North Harlem Connection (between Harlem - 125 St and Riverdale), and the joined Empire Corridor (between Riverdale and Croton-Harmon for electrification, Poughkeepsie for Metro-North, or Albany-Rensselaer) would all be key components and great additions to TS itself, but especially for the MTA collection! :) Attached is a whole list that I made up quite a while ago of all the station layouts for the Metro North. Pages 2 - 18 are specifically for the Hudson Line between Yankees - E. 153 St and Poughkeepsie. All tracks are also included for every station, as well as all possible trains that can run on them. The list gets a bit hectic near terminal stations, so if you need any help, feel free to reply to me here.

I hope this helps nudge the TS Development Team into developing this route.

Attached Files:

16. Meeper5

• Like Like x 4
  17. John Murphy

• Like Like x 1
  18. Meeper5

new york to albany would be too far it's about 150 miles

19. JoeTransit

JoeTransit Member

Oh my goodness! My heart is racing right now with excitement lol. I've been waiting for the Hudson Line for so long! Alas, we didn't even get close to Poughkeepsie, which is a huge letdown. But, it's better than nothing, right? Perhaps they will make a Poughkeepsie and/or Albany extension in the near (probably far away, considering DTG's precedents) future. I'll probably be stuck on the Hudson line for a while nevertheless lol

• Like Like x 2
  20. Meeper5

ya now the next must have american route it the amtrak keystone corridor

21. John Murphy

Marias Pass is about 150 miles, if not close to it. That came out in 32 bit. Plus I believe the TGV Marseille-Lyon route is well over 150 miles, up around 200 miles I think. The game would be capable of handling it.

22. John Murphy

I would LOVE the Keystone Corridor since I've ridden it many times in real life and it's a local line for me. However DTG won't do it unless they get a license from Septa, and Septa already refused.

• Like Like x 2
  23. rare_common_sense

Well. This route is pretty much in the workshop now.

• Like Like x 1
  24. NJT Railfan

Yeah, the route is about done!