Road Map Train Sim World Roadmap - May 2023

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by dtg_jan, May 2, 2023.

1. dtg_jan

dtg_jan Community Manager Staff Member

[​IMG]
    Roadmap stream VOD can be found here, including convenient timestamps
    TL;DR (too long; didn’t read) summary

A quick summary for those who don’t want to go through the whole article. There are more details on all these points within the Roadmap.

• Glossop Line: Manchester - Hadfield & Glossop - Upcoming UK Route added to the Roadmap!
    • New German loco added to the Roadmap
    • Spirit of Steam Improvements Patch - With improved physics and fixes to AI SPADs coming this week!
    • A closer look at Banking Comms on Peak Forest
    • Trenton Timetable improvements are in development
    • Third Party Updates -from Skyhook Games and Just Trains
    • Inside Development - Find out about how we use LIDAR systems to build our routes!
    • New format for Roadmap listings - Based on your suggestions in the TSW forums!
    Read all the information on our May 2023 Roadmap!
    [​IMG]

Glossop Line
    [​IMG]

Peak Forest
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Class 700 Cab Sneak Peek
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 3, 2023
    • Like Like x 18
  2. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

The new Trenton timetable should be lots of fun! Please continue to work on signaling too though.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Cash

Cash Well-Known Member

Are there any updates on the AI PIS bug?

It is no longer an issue for newer routes, but are there any plans to fix it on older routes (eg southeastern, birmingham)?

• Like Like x 2
  4. olly.smail

olly.smail Well-Known Member

extremely disappointed in the new uk route being just 14-15 miles long with a reused train, and i’m sure i’m not alone with that view.

• Like Like x 29
  5. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

The 420 has been set to "In planning"? That's a mistake, isn't it?

The 187 is no longer updated? A slap in the face for every buyer. This confirms me once again not to buy anything from Skyhook.

I'm very curious to see if a 13 mile route with a recycled 323 will be sold at full price....

• Like Like x 16
  6. simpman

simpman Well-Known Member

It's one of the last things mentioned on the road map, it's at a red light. Not removed yet, but certainly not highlighted.

7. coursetim

coursetim Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if the Journey modes will be included with the loco add on fixes?

8. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

I said on another thread.

Personally I think the free LGV offering should be scrapped as the offer does nothing for those who have religiously supported TSW from the beginning. Faithful supporters should be rewarded for all the money they have spent.

Instead make this new 14 mile route free then everyone benefits. The current offer is a kick in the teeth for those that already havepurchased and paid good money for LGV.

Last edited: May 2, 2023
    • Like Like x 15
  9. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

It's more about the timeframes than anything else. We don't have a timeframe for it, as the TSG team are working on it alongside other bits and pieces we ask for their help with.

Skyhook are currently focusing on the post-MML improvements, so again, we want to manage expectations there.

• Helpful Helpful x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  10. ajp31

ajp31 Member

THANK YOU to the DTG team for hearing the feedback on the Trenton timetable. It sounds like there has been a truly honest effort to recreate the complete NJT electric schedule, which is simply wonderful news!! I do hope that the new timetable will make use of all the platforms (on the upper level) at Secaucus, and the three-track mainline between ALLIED and PORTAL. As long as the signaling continues to improve, this has the potential to be an absolute beast of a sim. Thank you again!!!

I also appreciate that IF someday DTG or a partner develops an ALP-45DP and/or Arrow III add-on, there are additional services that could be further layered on (or those consists could be randomly subbed in to existing services). This feels in keeping with the way the British and European routes have been handled.

• Like Like x 11
  11. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Arrow 3 would be better. The alp45dp can come as part of another njt route and layer in if that is possible.

12. simontreanor81

simontreanor81 Well-Known Member

This is a very encouraging update which allays some concerns I’d been having about the direction TSW was going in. Kudos DTG.

Now… German loco speculation. Does “loco” strictly mean “loco”?

13. li150special

li150special Well-Known Member

German loco is multi-current and time period 7 (from 2011 onward)? Seems like more or less only the 193 (Vectron) would fit the bill. Which is nice because it opens the possibility of many operator liveries (if licences can be obtained) in future.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vectron_(locomotive)#Orders

Thalys PBKA for SKA and HRR would have been nice but that is much older...

• Like Like x 4
  14. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

But when a bigger route which includes Manchester Piccadilly comes out, it’ll have the 323 layered in from the get-go. They’re laying the foundations for bigger routes, Birmingham Cross City and this new route are smaller steps to eventually give us something bigger and more populated.

• Like Like x 3
  15. bence950906

bence950906 Well-Known Member

At a red light:
    • [TSW3][TSW2] DB BR 187 Audio improvements
    Joke:):)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

Translated from Marketing to plain English - this pretty much confirms we're getting a big summer release with a bundle of routes akin to Rush Hour and/or TSW3.

Manchester line looks very underwhelming and looks like a content filler while a bigger release is being worked on.

• Like Like x 7
  17. rennekton#1349

You are not alone. With a brand new operator, there was an opportunity for dtg to introduce a new unit and a good length route. I wouldn't have been bothered if it only had 1 piece of rolling stock as long as it is new. But it is just another 323 in northern specs.

• Like Like x 11
  18. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

Once again, no mention of Red Lights issues.
    I know they deployed a patch and claimed that it fixed 80-85% of the issues, but that's unsupported by facts. The facts are posted in the feedback thread, showing that a host of red light issues remain. Yet the item is off the roadmap.

DTG JD DTG Matt Are you done with the red light issues?! How about fixing the most notorious issues: Class 143 tutorial on DRA, Trunk Service scenario on RSN (BR 363), Cold as Ice scenario on Boston-Providence.

• Like Like x 1
  19. MarkCovz4761

MarkCovz4761 Well-Known Member

Disappointing the new UK route is only about 14 miles long I don't think charging £30 for that would be inappropriate why are all the routes so short be good to have routes like the BML and SEHS they are decent sized routes

• Like Like x 10
  20. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

My thoughts on Peak Forest are very clear so I won't go on about that (remember no diesels: no buy).

Regarding the Manchester to Hadfield and Glossop route it should have really been the Woodhead line before closure as the modern route is rather naff in comparison. However, if there is another piece of rolling stock or the price is less than £30 I will most likely consider it. I have got a feeling (I think it's called hope) this could just be a gap filler before a really stunning British route in the summer.

With the Just Trains route I must admit even with the lack of details about it I am really excited for it's release and trying to narrow down where it could be. If I remember rightly 26 miles of scenery are done with about 20 miles left to do meaning the route will hopefully be in the region of just under 50 miles with diesels during the BR period.

• Like Like x 6
  21. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

Great to hear feedback is being taken on for the Trenton route

sounds like the hint to the just trains route, is that it’s 46 miles long.

Definitely hoping to see the GWE 43 come at the end of the month then.

22. simontreanor81

I’m hoping it’s not a 193 as - impressive as they are - they don’t offer anything new compared with the many modern German freight locos.

It could be a 146 or 147 and IC2, or, if it’s a unit:

ICE4
    ICE3 407/408
    IC2 Stadler Kiss
    429 Flirt 2
    446 Twindexx
    462 Desiro HC
    1440 Coradia

or maybe something older in a new livery

• Like Like x 3
  23. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

There still is a huge backlog in releasing updates and patches, not to talk about the even more huge amount of issues not yet addressed at all.
    Is there any progress to mention to make releasing stuff more frequent and easier? Small releases are less risky and much easier to manage.
    How should the extended beta team help with this? I am afraid if you discover issues once they arrive in the beta stage it is quite late. Are there any actions to enable testing in a much earlier stage, i.e. when development is still in the hands of the developers?

• Like Like x 4
  24. li150special

li150special Well-Known Member

Hmm... but the "KK" indicates a multi-current loco.

• Like Like x 1
  25. schorni

Ok, then I give up any hope that the TSG locomotives will ever come out. The 232 or 218 is then no longer to think about.

It is also frustrating to have to wait forever for a patch for Niddertalbahn.

To let buyers just sit on faulty DLC is a cheek. So if the developer has no desire to fix it, then I have no desire to buy from the developer again.

• Like Like x 2
  26. simpman

simpman Well-Known Member

I am hearing the whole "We're going to take a break to work on some stuff" we heard last year and 3 months later TSW3 came out. At least this time they appear to have specific goals in mind. I hope in a few months time we will see an update to the progress on these proposed improvements listed, and not just new shiny features that may or may not work depending on time of day or the position of the moon in relation to the sun.

• Like Like x 6
  27. Iskra1

Iskra1 Member

Of all the amazing and interesting Northern routes they could have chosen, they've chosen one of the most boring possible. And it's another EMU route, what is the obsession with EMU's? They are the least interesting rolling stock going!

• Like Like x 9
  28. simontreanor81

not necessarily… I think?

“Frequently there will only be one traction type in use, in which case we repeat the letter”

29. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

I'm generally happy with this roadmap.

I think everyone can agree a slowdown in release cadence is a good thing.

Timetable updates for MML and Trenton should elevate both back into solid territory.

New UK route is interesting to me, at least. I can see why the choice is going to annoy some people, but i really like the 323 so will be nice to have a shorter route to run it on (pretty much all the services on BCC are 45min-1hr).

Any layering opportunities? Freight?

New German loco DLC is always welcome imo.

• Like Like x 8
  30. johnmcglade17

johnmcglade17 Active Member

Where is the world map I would like to read it for myself

31. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

The German loco seems to be an electric multi current 2011+ loco, according to its Code, so maybe a 189/Vectron?

32. hasco

hasco Member

German locomotive is a very specific something to look forward to...

• Like Like x 2
  33. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

New uk routes disappointing, very short, no new train, slim services 97 if you look at real time trains, no freight, Manchester will probably be dead

• Like Like x 10
  34. Javelin

Javelin Well-Known Member

The code K itself means it's a dual mode loco.

35. rennekton#1349

Learn about patience. TSG can't work on multiple new projects at once so the 232 and 218 are far from release. They still have to release the 420. They are a small team after all. TSG has a desire to fix it and Maik confirmed the major pzb bug has already been fixed. Every single dlc in tsw has gotten some sort of patch and the developers are busy doing multiple things at once. Be patient rather than implying developers are lazy for not releasing a fix immediately after release.

• Like Like x 6
  36. nepclassof84

nepclassof84 Well-Known Member

Lots of great news on this roadmap

biggest to me is the Trenton timetable. It’s nice to know we’ve been heard.

I was laughed at by the Debbie downers when I suggested that tsw was built for railfans by railfans and there was no way they’d let that timetable stand.

I had faith in dtg and they came through. That news alone and the details in it gave me a smile a mile wide.

Thank you

• Like Like x 4
  37. Tom Fresco

Just saw in the cracking the code post that there isnt a seperate letter for Loco/MU, so could well be an EMU as well thats multicurrent. So maybe ICE4 with swiss panto sets, 189, 193 or 407

38. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

There's several threads now on the choice of Manchester to Glossop as the next UK route, with recycled 323, so unless it's a joke or intended as a very budget price route, it is sad to see this was the best that could be achieved out of the long list of UK routes and eras gathering dust in the Suggestions siding.

Other than that not much to see, guess it was too much to expect some insight on where the Focus takeover might lead - let's just hope churning out more < 15 mile routes isn't part of the business plan.

• Like Like x 3
  39. Ferrovipathe67

Ferrovipathe67 Well-Known Member

No pbka is 1995-1996 so it's okay

40. schorni

Regarding Niddertalbahn I said that it is frustrating that the patch is not coming. I did not say that it is not fixed. According to Maik, the fix is already finished, but DTG does not publish it. We already know this from the G6, which was long fixed, but only after months the patch was published.

If you pay money for something and the error has, then you can expect that there is a timely update to it. That should be a normal matter of course that you do not have to wait forever.

The 420 is already several years in development and it was once 2021 as a release targeted. Therefore, it is very surprising that it is now set from development to planning.

• Like Like x 2
  41. Ferrovipathe67

Possible trains
    BR407
    BR 408
    BR 186
    Br 189
    Br 412
    TGV pbka
    Br 193

• Like Like x 2
  42. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

"Whilst we weren’t able to bring this to you with Midland Main Line, we believe this should be released in a patch later this month."

Yeah I'll believe it when I see it.

Also any word on the 313 DSD being sorted?

Also Hadfield/Glossop-Manchester Picaddilly, an interesting route but no doubt arriving and departing into a deserted Manchester Piccadilly station.

• Like Like x 3
  43. Tom Fresco

Who's putting money on the BR 406 europe livery loco bundle? :p

44. Ferrovipathe67

And i have a question which does not appear in the codes but does the dual voltage code also take in a train with 4 voltage in account

45. Ferrovipathe67

No it's a New add-ons loco not a expansion pack

46. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

• First off, I really really support the focus on polishing up existing content instead of continuing with the rapid DLC releases. Love the new development progress indicators, these remind me of those that were in place about 1-2 years ago. Makes everything so much more transparent for the community. :D
    • New UK route looks interesting! Obviously not expecting this to be full price because it’s very short and has a reused loco. Maybe they have some cool gameplay and scenery surprises for us to make it worthwhile!
    • Great to have details on the revamped NY-Trenton timetable. Not sure if this will personally make me buy the route, but it’s great they heard the feedback and didn’t leave the route behind.
    • Looking forward to the upcoming content fixes and improvements for all kinds of routes (many of which are loooong overdue), although I’m hoping Glasgow-Edinburgh is also part of that list. The single patch it got certainly improved things, but there are still quite a lot of issues.
    • Good to hear that Just Trains are making good progress. Very excited for their route.
    • We have almost no details on the German loco, but let’s hope it isn’t another freight one and instead adds some cool passenger variety to existing routes!

47. eldomtom2

eldomtom2 Well-Known Member

To be brutally honest, does anyone actually believe this? DTG has said they're trying to get the TSW2 patch out for eight months now.

• Like Like x 4
  48. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Honestly it’s been nearly two years just give up about fixing the BR187 and stop giving us false hopes. Skyhook proven again to not care about its customers. Lastly, what the hell were you thinking to release a short 13 miles route ?!

• Like Like x 3
  49. yambam#1598

yambam#1598 Member

Most likely the Preston to Blackpool North/South as the article mentions termini so more than one terminus

50. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Preston to Blackpool is nowhere near that length, even if you reopened Central and the direct route from Kirkham plus the Fleetwood branch.

I did wonder Metropolitan line as that comes in around 42 miles so with the extension of scenery at the country ends that would make 46 miles quite viable.

• Like Like x 2