New Ownership Focus Entertainment

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by darkwarrior#2896, May 3, 2023.

?
  1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    72.7%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    27.3%
  1. darkwarrior#2896

darkwarrior#2896 Well-Known Member

Good Evening as we all know Last Month Dovetail Announces New Ownership Focus Entertainment I wonder what that means for dovetail games and partner program moving forward!.

I would like to ask the community to share their thoughts and opinions for Dovetail games moving forward. Thank you for sharing.

2. StrikeEagle78

StrikeEagle78 Well-Known Member

Well its been stated that nothing will change under this new ownership (ok maybe a Focus logo when starting the game). So if you haven't liked the way content has been released since TSW3's release then you won't be liking it any better going forward. Get used to it and keep filling their pockets or be happy with what you already have and move on to better games.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

This is such a good poll. Personally, I don't want DTG to do a better job! In fact, I hope they do worse. I want the trains to look like PS1 models, all the sounds should be generic stock audio, and the scenery should just be a gray void. I want a new route to be released every day and they should each cost $50.

• Like Like x 12
  4. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Another day another pointless poll.

• Like Like x 8
  5. steveownzzz#6107

steveownzzz#6107 Well-Known Member

This has to be the sloppiest forum I’ve ever seen with the 50 threads on the same topics (the future/direction of tsw, rage posts, a bunch of threads on the 14 mile UK route, etc)

At least NJT stuff has been mostly contained to that one thread- that’s really a good example of how things should operate but there needs to be more of that…

• Like Like x 4
  6. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

I've only counted 3 and I think they all serve a purpose.

One was a speculation thread about the unnamed 'AC Electric UK Route' - revealled last month but only revealled this month.

Another is a general discussion thread made in reaction to the Roadmap (although, the initial speculation thread could have been adapted, but it wasn't)

And the third thread, my thread on it, is to give a little insight into what the route should have in store for those who don't otherwise know.

But yes, the threads about the game's future / rage posts / trolling are out of hand on this forum.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

That might just mean that the newer people coming onto the forums at this moment aren't doing so for that content... The "sloppier forum posts" do tend to be on what is happening right now rather than generic or more "further away" stuff...

• Like Like x 1
  8. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Its a ridiculous question anyway, all companies should be striving to improve regardless how well they are doing.

• Like Like x 2
  9. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Voting no because i personally think routes are too good, and they should be reduced to tracks and platforms with models rendered appropriately for a Macintosh.

• Like Like x 3
  10. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Here we go again!

Hopefully they will do a worse job, I mean why would we want things to improve?!

• Like Like x 2
  11. steveownzzz#6107

Three pretty similar threads popped up within a 2 hour window. Not including the roadmap thread and rage threads that were started because the route was short and using a recycled 323. I think consolidating this sort of stuff, to a reasonable level, is usually beneficial to the larger discussion rather than having split discussion all over the place.

Your thread was best of the lot, easily, because most of the discussion seemed to gravitate there. So, the other threads could be merged or pruned, theoretically. IDK, I'm not an expert, but discussion here is all over the place.

Also think of a new players ("think of the children" lol) who come in and try to use the search function for info on something, and 7000 threads on the same thing pop up. Tough to sift through. upload_2023-5-3_7-59-8.png

12. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

If newbies were using the search function there wouldn't be all these posts... :cool:

13. steveownzzz#6107

you got me there, lol

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. countcussy

countcussy Well-Known Member

It's not ideal, but with how many threads that get Hijacked on here, it's no wonder people start a new thread.

• Like Like x 1
  15. countcussy

countcussy Well-Known Member

As for what this means for DTG, time will tell
    FWIW, having been through an acquisition, initially, we were left alone. But areas to improve the business and its profits were identified, and over a period of time, changes were made to reach these goals.
    FOCUS clearly like what they see on the balance sheet, otherwise they would not have been interested.
    Now, they may decide to be sleeping owners, and its as you were.
    They may want to grow DTG, to increase revenue and shareholders dividends. In which case, we could see more staff & more resources.
    Only insiders will know what the immediate & future holds for DTG.