PC Glasgow Edinburgh/scotrail Class 385/ Really Fun

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by firas#2762, May 2, 2023.

1. firas#2762

firas#2762 Active Member

So This GLASGOW EDINBURGH / ScotRail Class 385 / really Fun
    I tried to see how fast it will go, and it looks Like 119 is the end

[​IMG]

2. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

Yes must agree mate it is a rather enjoyable route.

3. SteveRail

SteveRail Well-Known Member

I really hope Rivet fix the remaining issues as I do think it’s close to being a top route.

4. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

It is a very enjoyable route but I really wish they had added the line to Stirling and Alloa as you would have had two sets of completable services then.

• Like Like x 3
  5. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Community feedback seems to have gotten a lot better since release. Still hope they have another patch to iron out the remaining issues… that is kinda keeping me from pulling the trigger on the 20% PSN discount right now. I haven’t bought a British route since mid-2022 (apart from SEHS extended and SOS, both of which came with TSW3). My options include:
    • Birmingham - Great train, but not hearing overly amazing things about the route itself to be honest. Now a very unlikely candidate (unless it gets a 50% discount or so) as I’ll be able to get the train with the new and rather unique Manchester route soon.
    • Edinburgh-Glasgow - Lots of disappointment at release, but feedback seems to have improved after the first patch. Lots of significant issues remain, so a second patch will be required before I consider a purchase. Regardless, I’m also genuinely worried about the replayability of the route as large stretches of the mainlines (essentially except the two terminus stations and 1-2 cool viaducts) appear to be rather boring. The window of the train is also so small. So, it will need another bug fix patch as well as a significant discount.
    • Midland Mainline - Route has lots of potential and an amazing development team, the patch that will come out soon is looking extremely promising. Depending on community feedback, I might get it once the patch has been released.
    • New Manchester route - I love rural and short journeys, so this is right up my alley. Has a great train and likely amazing scenery, and isn’t full price. Could be a day one purchase!

• Like Like x 1
  6. SteveRail

Re replay ability, that is one reason I asked Rivet to implement the proper timetable as every second train at rush hour has a different stopping pattern which would add some variance too.

• Like Like x 2
  7. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

I started playing around with it again and I realized that this DLC had a lot of first but because of all the sounds issues it didn’t get any traction. I know the big hype right now is TSW4 and the 700. But this DLC has some first time features. The passenger announcements. Even thought you have to select manually I think it was innovative what was done here.working TMS was actually really good, you can also select destinations which not sure if you can do this on any other trains in the game. Signing in, turning the lights on from the TMS. I think Edinburgh had a couple of working elevators. So I think the linear route was a big drag. The 383 looks great but the from window is very hard to get over it. They should had included another loco to go along with this release like the 170 or 380. The route didn't include falkirk grahamston, Cameron, Larbert and stirling. Also for freight they had the big opportunity to include grangemouth. I hope Rivet games gives this route a second life by extending it and adding to it. below is the TSC route map that should had been used
    Jasper_Rivet tag to provide feedback for the DLC. Hope this helps for future

20230715161713_1.jpg

Last edited: Jul 15, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  8. pessitheghost

pessitheghost Well-Known Member

Wish we got the dunblane branch

9. matt#4801

I feel if they sorted the neutral sections out I would still play it as I do like my Hitachi units but the brakes applying when in the neutral section is really jarring.

• Like Like x 2
  10. MAX1319

I mean , I like the way the 385 looks on the outside and I enjoy to drive it in the game........However, I don't know how the driver in real life sees through the front? it makes the electrostarts front windshield look like a 700

11. Bravo2six

Bravo2six Well-Known Member

Neutral section bug has been fixed!
    It went under the radar, but I haven't had it in 6 or 7 complete runs over both NSs now!

It would be nice to see an expansion to Alloa and Dunblane, or even the Grahamston line!

• Like Like x 3
  12. matt#4801

Really? If so that is excellent.
    Well that's me sorted for tomorrow morning then, thanks for letting me know mate!

13. MAX1319

Nope is not fix. I actually just played the route on Xbox x on a Edinburg to dublane service and it happened

14. matt#4801

Oh so it is still luck of the draw then. I'll give it a go tomorrow and report back.

15. MAX1319

And the funny thing I never really paid attention until you mentioned it . I just happened to drive this an hour ago. I still like the route. It has a lot of potential but as far as communication from rivet on this route.zip

• Like Like x 1
  16. matt#4801

Yes I was having a ball on this route before they broke the neutral sections. I now can't play it because the brake application really does frustrate me. Like I say I'll give it a go tomorrow and report back.

• Like Like x 1
  17. stewartforgie

stewartforgie Well-Known Member

Now if they included the Grahamston line, then that would also enable them to continue on down to the Grangemouth refinery complex and the container base and so introduce some interesting freight workings.

• Like Like x 1
  18. SteveRail

I wish they’d sort the list of outstanding issues.

I would happily play this route for hours, but neutral sections braking, no rain on windscreens, TMS not recognising when you change ends and take over a new service, missing destination announcements, the blue flash entering tunnels & missing services/incorrect stopping patterns, has seen me merely play one service once in a blue moon, before moving onto a different route.

• Like Like x 4
  19. SteveRail

Oh and the sounds which last we heard a couple months ago were awaiting a second recording run….

• Like Like x 3
  20. steveownzzz#6107

steveownzzz#6107 Well-Known Member

Imperfect route with the annoying neutral section issue, and the TMS is wonky to use on a controller… yet I have a good time absolutely ripping it with the 385. Will never be my most played route but it’s lots of fun in smaller doses.

• Like Like x 1
  21. matt#4801

Well I am glad to report that on a run from Edinburgh to Glasgow on the Series S I had no neutral sections braking problems, though the sound does seem worse than I remember.

22. SteveRail

That also seems random. Sometimes closing the internal cab door helps the sound, other times it is okish and the door makes no difference

• Like Like x 1
  23. matt#4801

Yes I tried that but it just seemed worse than before, though the door shut makes it sound better than open.

• Like Like x 1
  24. matt245621#2075

matt245621#2075 Well-Known Member

Now this route will be good if-
    No.1 they fix the sounds
    No.2 fix the bugs - like driverless trains.
    No.3 fix the announcements I don't think the diver will be able to here the announcements that good from the driver's compartment.
    Edit: plus sometimes the modders do a much better job then dovetail like the MML EP.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  25. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

Sounds like if they manage to get these last few remaining major issues then I’ll gladly pick it up, I wanted the route from the start but then came it’s release state and I was completely persuaded out of that idea.

despite the class 385 window, I’ve always thought of the 385 to be one of my favourite trains in terms of exterior design, and was rather thrilled to see it be coming to TSW, especially when so many other famous trains haven’t even yet seen a chance.