Class 390 Wcml North

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by TractionAction, Jan 23, 2019.

1. TractionAction

TractionAction New Member

Can anyone confirm if the following career scenarios, appearing on the WCML North route, were included originally with the c390 add-on?; I'm assuming that they were, based on looking at reviews and forums, but they no longer appear in the pack. Having contacted DTG support they say these are not theirs and weren't part of the pack...but I think they have been removed. I suspect this is due to them being virtually unplayable, this is as the route doesn't recognise the tilting of the train and you can't run anywhere near line speed without suffering huge penalties
    The scenarios are:
    03 - First Run
    04 - Carlisle Express
    06 - Carlisle Run
    07 - Football Special
    They all have the CS designation after them - which I see on other older DTG/RSC routes and I presume stands for 'career scenario' or maybe 'career system'
    thanks

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

There are two Class 390 Add-ons
    This version came with the Scenarios you are mentioning
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/208343/Train_Simulator_Class_390_EMU_AddOn/
    When it was released - in 2012 -there was no licensing agreement between DTG(RSC) and Virgin Trains
    So the units came in fictitious liveries but a Reskin is available Free on a number of Train Sim websites in to Virgin Livery
    No problem with copyright as no money changes hands.

And this is the New Class 390
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/704283/Train_Simulator_Virgin_Trains_BR_Class_390_Pendolino_EMU/
    More bells and whistles

Peter

3. Wolf

Wolf Member

TractionAction If you are talking about the older S9BL Class 390 then yes I can attest to that, I threw them all out because they don't work.
    Namely that if you go linespeed, even with active tilting you will constantly get penalties for passenger comfort, but if you go slower to avoid that you cannot make the timetable.

Similar problems with the Class 68 Scotrail's Saviour scenario, you can't go linespeed because on certain parts you will get penalties for passenger comfort by just going 99 mph when 100 mph are linespeed.

4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I don't play "Career Scenarios" DTGs Timings expect you to drive like an idiot to score points
    Real drivers don't drive trains like a Racing Car

• Like Like x 3
  5. Wolf

Wolf Member

Agreed, most of them I leave behind, sometimes I do it for the achievement and then promplty delete.

Some like the Class 180 ones are decently fun, or the A2 ones are challenging, but generally meh.
    And they add the added stress of the score.

The 68 ones are especially egregious, as the scotrails Saviour not only has a timing between Haymarket and Linlithgow that isn't possible to make on time, even if you drive like an absolute lunatic, but also have a require you to look after Passenger comfort by braking not too hard and passenger line speed.
    Now combine that with a requirement for 1000 points in that achievement and you have a recipe for annoyance.

It's similar but worse compared to the old Class 390 addon..........at least there the passenger comfort option was off in the green/easy scenarios, but similar to the 390 they are also set on a route that is problematic for the passenger comfort rating, as there is no superelvation on neither the WCML-N nor Edinburgh Glasgow.
    And E-G has one or two kinks in the curves that play haywire with player score.