Class 800 / 801 / 802 Pro Upgrade.

Discussion in 'Loco Suggestions & Proposals' started by Shane Martin, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Shane Martin

Shane Martin Member

Hi all,

I would love to see the 800 / 801 802 be brought upto pro standard.

Class 800/0 are going to be run by Great Western Railway (36 x 5 Car).
    Class 800/1 and 800/2 are going to be run London North Eastern Railway. (/1 13 x 9 Car, /2 10 x 5 Car).
    Class 800/3 are going to be run by Great Western Railway (21 x 9 Car).

Class 800's are bi-modal, able to use integrated diesel engines on un-electrified portions of track, and overhead power on electrified portions of track. Great Western Railway naming will be Intercity Express Trains (IET), and London North Eastern Railway naming will be Azumas (carried over from VTEC).

Class 801/1 and Class 801/2 are going to be run by London North Eastern Railway (/1 12 x 5 Car, /2 30 x 9 Car).

Class 801's are pure EMU'S (Electric Multiple Unit), able to only run on overhead wiring.

Class 802/0 and 802/1 are going to be run by Great Western Railway (/0 22 x 5 Car, /1 14 x 9 Car).
    Class 802/2 are going to be run by TransPennine Express (19 x 5 Car).
    Class 802/3 are going to be run by hull Trains (5 x 5 Car).

Class 802's are bi-modal, able to use integrated diesel engines on un-electrified portions of track, and overhead power on electrified portions of track. Great Western Railway naming will be Intercity Express Trains (IET), Hull Trains have not been named as of yet, and TransPennine Express unit naming will be Nova.

I'm hoping the dual-mode will be integrated into the model, much like the ALP-45 DP, and most of the in-cab functional.

Thanks for your time in reading!

Shane.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

I would say that it's almost inevitable that the 800s will get a makeover at some point. DTG will want new rolling stock to prolong the life-span of TS and these units will be omnipresent on many of the lines currently in the game. But in the interests of nudging DTG, yes, I'll second this.

• Like Like x 1
  3. c1t9b

c1t9b New Member

I have requested Armstrong Powerhouse do an enhancement pack on this however they said no.

4. Medellinexpat

Medellinexpat Well-Known Member

I don't know if AP do Enhancement Packs by request but they're usually very polite. Did they give any reason?

5. Gipsy_Danger

Gipsy_Danger Active Member

They do requests but only the most popular ones, for example the Class 68 that was just released was requested a lot.

6. Wivenswold

Richard at AP tends, understandably, to follow projects that interest him but as Gipsy Danger says, he's got the commercial common sense to listen. Also don't forget that unlike us, he probably gets a good steer from the other developers as to what they're planning so doesn't go there himself.

There's lots to come from AP, I recommend following them on Facebook as they often give hints as to what they're recording or working on.

• Like Like x 2
  7. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

It will depend if DTG has permission to use the liveries of these companies - if they don't then the trains won't get made.

• Like Like x 1
  8. c1t9b

c1t9b New Member

He said:

Hello Thomas,

Many thanks for your interest. We currently have no plans for this due to a lack of sound recordings.

Regards,

I asked if it could be put on a to-do list and he replied saying:

Hello Thomas,

To obtain suitable recordings would require co-operation from Hitachi and MTU who maintain the engines. Not impossible but unlikely.

Regards,

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. pessitheghost

pessitheghost Well-Known Member

They do have gwrs permission

10. Random Railfan

Random Railfan Well-Known Member

I would much prefer AP to use the class 801's model and create the 800 and 802 as well. If they could make a class 350 out of a 450 they can probably do this too. AP just has a higher standard of quality than DTG.

11. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. budtheweiser

budtheweiser Active Member

I would like to see this train in the game in both GWR and LNER and Hull trains and Transpennie express livery and they will do well with TPWS and AWS and ATP

13. Wivenswold

If a pro/new version is done, it'll likely be in one of the liveries and the community in time will skin the others.
    As much as I would love to see a pro version, there's so much other new traction missing from the game that a duplicate would feel like development time wasted.

• Like Like x 1
  14. kingcutie65

kingcutie65 New Member

I reckon It will come in an LNER or Plain white livery if it ever gets made

15. SJA

SJA Active Member

I think it's gradually creeping up the list of requested stock along with a remodelled/reworked Networker Turbo.

Mind you, in a year or two from now Class 7xx will be moving up that list,

(edited as I listed wrong train type instead of 7xx)

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020