V/line Services In Victoria Australia (suggestion For Train Sim World)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by V8luver64, Feb 2, 2019.

1. V8luver64

V8luver64 New Member

V/line is a passenger train service connecting country Victoria to Melbourne
    Various routes including Ballarat, Geelong and Warrnambool lines all terminating at Southern Cross Station in the heart of Melbourne.

Good variety of trains, P and N class diesel/electric loco's, N class being used to Warrnambool to Melbourne line.
    And the Velocity DMU's used for Ballarat, Geelong

This video shows some Velocity sets and N class using the updated Regional Rail link...

This is the Ballarat to Melbourne line, please note I blanked out the speech bubbles because they are incorrect.
    Stops along this line are: Wendouree, Ballarat, Ballan, Bacchus Marsh, Melton, Rockbank, Carolline springs, Deer Park, Adeer, Sushine, footscray and Terminating at Southern Cross.

This is the Geelong to Melbourne line, please note I blanked out the speech bubbles because they are incorrect.
    Stops along this line are: Geelong, North Geelong, North Shore, Corio, Lara, Little River, Wyndham Vale, Tarnelt (joins Ballarat line) Deer park, Adeer, Sunshine, Footscray and terminating at Southern Cross

This is the Warrnambool to Melbourne line, please note I blanked out the speech bubbles because they are incorrect.
    Stops alone this line are: Warrnambool, Sherwood Park, Terang, Camperdown, Colac, Birregurra, Winchelsea, Waurn Ponds, Marshall, South Geelong, (Joins and continues up Geelong line) Geelong, North Geelong, North Shore, Corio, Lara, Little River, Wyndham Vale, Tarnelt (joins Ballarat line) Deer park, Adeer, Sunshine, Footscray and terminating at Southern Cross

This photo is of Southern Cross station

This is the Velocity DMU's
    These units are not diesel electric, the use a Voith T312 Hydraulic Transmission system with Dynamic Braking capabilities (that sounds more like a Retarder in a bus or truck) attached to a Cummins QSK 19R diesel engine (559 kW (750 hp)) in each car plus a smaller Cummins generator for lights and A/C
    These units come in 3 car sets but are usually couple with another 3 car set to make 6
    These DMU's are used for Ballarat and Geelong lines.

This is the N class, don't know much about them except they are Diesel/Electric
    They are used for the Warrnambool lines

• Like Like x 6
  2. jamesbaby286

jamesbaby286 Well-Known Member

Anything heading in and out of Melbourne might as well include a metro EMU since the track is shared with the metro lines. For the most part the metro lines are exactly the same as the regional lines, its just the metro services only go as far as the Melbourne outskirts. Also the routes would have to feature many stations the regional trains do not stop at that are part of the melbourne metro network, so might as well have them be used.
    An important part of running the regional trains in Victoria is snaking them around the busy metro network services within Melbourne.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  3. V8luver64

V8luver64 New Member

You are Correct, although I was going by how Dovetail usually don't put 2 different networks in the one DLC, for example the 2 new york DLC's at one point use the same tracks but you never see trains from the other DLC so I was only mentioning V/line but of course if they add Metro and V/line together in the one DLC that would be awsome
    Edit: well in the AMtrak DLC they do include some CSX trains so maybe I'm incorrect

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
  4. Johnno124

Johnno124 Active Member

The two lines mentioned in the original post don't share tracks with Metro services. They run along side them from sunshine - southern cross only. So it wouldn't be nessesary to include any of the Metro EMU's

5. jamesbaby286

jamesbaby286 Well-Known Member

Old (still highly relevant), extremely detailed, and high quality grading/pathing charts available for almost every line in Victoria are available here:
    https://www.victorianrailways.net/grades/gradehome.html

There's also old diagrams/blueprints for both general widely used infrustructure elements, and specific elements (eg. stations, signal boxes) here:
    https://www.victorianrailways.net/infastuct/infastructhome.html
    https://www.victorianrailways.net/photogallery/index_i_m.html

And here are signalling blueprints and rules & regulation books :
    https://www.victorianrailways.net/signaling/signalhome.html

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
  6. paintbrushguy

paintbrushguy Well-Known Member

(Own work)
    I made this a while ago, thought I could stick it here

• Like Like x 2