Oom Error On All Grand Central Class 180 'adelante' Dmu Scenarios

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by kilt46, May 2, 2023.

1. kilt46

kilt46 Active Member

OK This is interesting. I just finished "A Grand Day Out: Part 1" got credit and got a OOM error. I also got a OOM error 2 times before on "The Stowaway". The error ONLY occured after completion of the run either by completing the scenario or by failing the scenario. The error appears to be in the way the DLC is handling the wrap up session packages.

This is a full DTG supported DLC Released in Mar 26 2015.

"Fatal error in mode FRONTEND"

Running 64 bit of new version of TSC (Not DirectX12)
    Windows 11
    11th Gen i7-11700F @ 2.5 GHz
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    32GB RAM

Last edited: May 2, 2023
  2. kilt46

kilt46 Active Member

This is repeatable. Has anyone else tried this? If this is repeatable then this is a great opportunity for DTG to understand another of the underlying issues with the platform!

3. Dom5619

Dom5619 New Member

I tried part 1 & it finished ok. FYI the first time I tried the 'plain 64' version I did a QD with an AP 707 KGX to WGC. I closed it after reaching Potters Bar & got that OOM front end crash back to steam. Cleared cache & redid QD twice without any event. No events since in any scenario. Even in DX version. Lucky me? :).

4. kilt46

kilt46 Active Member

Mine were all with the 64 version. Is there something wrong with my pc? Always occurs at very end of scenario not Quick Drive. This is a 2015 vintage DLC so I am suspecting a conflict with the cleanup script and existing DLL.

Last edited: May 3, 2023
  5. Peter Hayes

Peter Hayes Well-Known Member

Kilt
    Any errors in Windows diagnostic tests:
    sfc/scannow, DISM, dxdiag?
    Any errors in View Reliability History or Event Viewer?
    Is Logmate reporting anything?

6. kilt46

kilt46 Active Member

Peter I have not tried these (not sure how to). Just finished part 2. Scenario ended with completed with 1000. On exit it still created the OOM error. I did get completion and the scenario achievement, however, this particular OOM is very repeatable for me. Before I started today I updated all drivers and C++ drivers. Something is still going wrong for me with this 2015 pack and happens on all 3 scenarios!

Fault bucket 1799587323181566226, type 5
    Event Name: RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64
    Response: Not available

Reliability shows ZERO PC faults. This must purely be a software derivative. In this case always occuring during the wrap-up of all 3 of these scenarios

Respectfully

Last edited: May 4, 2023
  7. Peter Hayes

Peter Hayes Well-Known Member

Kilt
    Does Dxdiag report the "Fault Bucket" error?
    The only thing I could find (vaguely sensible) on fault bucket was this: https://social.technet.microsoft.co...16.event-id-1001-windows-error-reporting.aspx
    It may be a C++ error???
    Event Name: RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64 an error to do with "faulty" memory allocation by the software - this should have been reported by VRH or the Event Viewer.
    It would appear to be the scenario not your PC
    Video card drivers up to date?

8. kilt46

kilt46 Active Member

Peter,
    I updated my C++ Drivers and Video drivers yesterday. I also enforced a -50 clock speed retardation (I was seeing some Blue Screen issues when I was running ThirdRail and TSC 64bit concurrently - dump file pointed to the Thirdrail.exe file). Since I retarded my clock speed I have improved my pc overall performance. Everything is working prefectly - except these 3 Scenarios in this pack. I can finish my scenarios, the moment it tries to initiate the TSC menu I get a black screen (just the TSC app - not the pc) and an OOM error. My Event Viewer and Reliability Viewer did NOT show any pc events of concern. I would concur with you that this is software derived, however, I believe it is a conflict with this 2015 vintage compilation and the current version of TSC. Am I the only one who experiences this?

Respectfully

9. kilt46

kilt46 Active Member

My pc has been running well up to now. Was running a JT Scenario and received a OOM error on "4E26 Dollands Moor Sidings-Scunthorpe Redbourne Sidings [SD]"
    sfc /scannow did not find any integrity violations
    DxDiag reported no issues
    Zero reports on Reliability History or Event Viewer
    I have seen issues running JT products in the past and have always needed to run on lower graphics

Just finished the last in the series of the Class 180 routes. Completed it fine. The OOM error occurred again as I was exiting the simulator. The only info I could see in the event viewer was a Security Logon. Wondering if these is an association with handshakes between the simulator program and synchronizing with Dovetail Live.

My understanding in trying to read the CrashRpt log is that all of my crash info is being zipped into a file and sent external from my pc most likely to the Dovetail server. Would be interested if anyone knows what happens when this type of crash occurs.

10. kilt46

kilt46 Active Member

Here is my analysis. Since this event is repeatable
    upload_2023-5-6_17-35-59.png

11. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

I've just played The Stowaway. I had played it before and now checking on v73.9a 64-bit (vanilla install), no OOM - it worked fine. Cannot reproduce your issue - seems you're the only one experiencing this. (Or the only one except for me on this forum who has the Class 180?)

2023-05-07 06_16_42-Train Simulator (x64).png

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2023
  12. kilt46

kilt46 Active Member

Thx Torf. Most strange. Are you running Windows 11 by chance? I have all of my drivers up to date. I am running quad core with 16 threads. I have put a ticket in to Dovetail. Will see what they come back with.

Respectfully

13. kilt46

kilt46 Active Member

Same error in X12 as in 64bit TSC. Is there a correlation between Windows version and OOM errors? I'm running Windows 11 and finding OOM issues with only certain products. AP scenarios are all robust as too are newer versions of DTG DLCs. Wondering if there is a compatibility with Windows 11 and certain DLC profiles?

14. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

My system: Windows 7 SP1, i7-870 (1st gen!!)@2.93 GHz, 16 GB, GTX 1050 Ti 4 G. Using very old drivers - trouble free system, never caused me issues.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2023
  15. kilt46

kilt46 Active Member

Very interesting. Was running same scenario using Direct X12 and frame rate was very good for me. Graphics were noticeably better for me than 64bit. Same error persisted at end of session. It will be very difficult for DTG to appease all users. May need to have 2 offerings.

16. cscarpenter

cscarpenter Well-Known Member

Hi, just thought I would give this "Stowaway" scenario a try and received the exact same error, Scenario Complete message - wait crash with OOM error.
    I am running Win 10 Home on:-
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.20 GHz
    RAM 24.0 GB
    GPU GTX 1050 Ti

17. kilt46

kilt46 Active Member

Thx cs. Looks like there may be an architecture issue with Windows10/11 and some of the content provided by DTG. I also typically see this issue with Justtrains product though this typically happens mid scenario

18. cscarpenter

cscarpenter Well-Known Member

I have just reloaded the same scenario, Set up the cab, waited for 30 seconds at Kings Cross and pressed Esc / Quit - Crash with the same error message,
    Must admit though the Class 180 is notorious for it's instability and always has been.

19. kilt46

kilt46 Active Member

Since the error is repeatable and not just on my pc one would think this would give DTG a lead on what may be causing some of the OOM errors :)

20. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Windows 11
    Latest build 73.9a DX9 64bit
    GTX1080Ti 11Gb
    i7 9700 3.0Ghz (factory overclocked to 4.5Ghz)
    32Gb RAM (4 x 8Gb)
    2Tb M.2 NVMe SSD
    Image2.png

No OOM!

Side note, the speedset is a pita on this unit, hence my slightly less than perfect score.

#blametheequipment

Edit: changed 64Gb of ram to 32Gb.

Last edited: May 9, 2023
  21. Dom5619

Dom5619 New Member

Just did the stowaway on x64 std. OOM after completing the scenario. It seems that we may have that worst of problems...the intermittent fault. :(

Win 10 Home
    1080ti
    32gb ddr4

Last edited: May 8, 2023
  22. kilt46

kilt46 Active Member

Well there goes my Windows 11 theory! Still there is something repeatable happening at the end of these 3 scenarios. One would think DTG could isolate this issue and resolve one factor relating to OOM.
    I’m now wondering what configuration on my pc causes this to happen :(

23. maxtedrw

maxtedrw Active Member

Genuinely - I suspect this is not a PC issue but related in some way to the scenario. Having spent a good deal of time tracing down OOM errrors in my quick drives ( and I know they are not the same thing as yours ) every single one of them was related in some way to a consist or pathing error. One of the ones that seems to be particularly critical is when the train length forces the pathing into an unresolvable situation - for instance train to long for siding backs into a buffer or at signals caused it to conflict level crossing gate. Thsi really does sound like an issue like that as its common to the scenario and not the PC

24. kilt46

kilt46 Active Member

I 100 percent agree that this specific pack is an issue. All 3 scenarios display the same OOM event when returning back to the TSC menu. This would appear to be an easy set of circumstances for DTG to diagnose. I guess I can’t understand how Reef manages to get it working unless you truly need 64 Gb ram - lol

Respectfully

25. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Very interesting, as it does work for me. Can we be sure to test without any enhancements like AP Tracks, Signals or Weather and clean caches?

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2023
  26. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Just completed Pt 2 still no OOM

27. kilt46

kilt46 Active Member

OK you got me. I am an AP junkie and have all of their packs installed. Weather, tracks, signals. I have been running through all of the AP Scenarios and have found them to be very robust! None of these scenarios (including AP Scenarios using the ECML South route which also hosts the 180 Grand Central) have had any issue whatsoever. I have these all logged on my site as below detailing each and every AP Scenario I completed with zero OOM. I have experienced OOM many a time with Justtrains routes before and after the update.

https://sites.google.com/view/trainsimulatorcontent/misc/ap-scenarios

Is it possible that there is a negative interaction between a 2015 vintage DLC and some of the AP addons? Maybe. All I know it that I believe this pack is an excellent way to find one reason for a repeating error.

Thx again for your help torf and reef. FYI I live in the USA. I make diesel engines for a living :)

Stupid question. How would I go about removing the 3 AP packs easily to get back to a vanilla install of this DLC?

Respectfully

28. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

It would depend on which DLC you wish to remove the AP packs from - some are easy others are not.

29. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Apparently my brain is the weakest component of my PC, I should have put 32Gb ram not 64Gb. (4 x 8Gb)

Sorry for any confusion.

30. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

In case it helps to narrow the issue down, I just played A Grand Day Out Part 2 and The Stowaway. Both completed with no OOM Error.
    PC Spec
    Win 10
    I9 10th Gen
    32gb Ram
    RTX 3080
    All settings maxed out
    No AP Packs or any kind of Mods.

31. kilt46

kilt46 Active Member

Ok so after submitting a ticket for this the feedback was that if the as sold product is modified in any way (e.g. use of Armstrong Products) then DTG does not support it.
    One can only suppose from the data gathered so far is that some form of interaction is happening between AP products (and certainly JT products) and the as-is TSC offering.

Respectfully

Last edited: May 10, 2023
  32. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Except for the fact that I have ALL AP products (available over the last couple of years at least) and all JT products (that would matter in this instance).

You seem to like making tentatively based suppositions, allow me to make one... It's your system, your end local to you and a very select few others....

You need to wrangle your way past baseless conclusions and communicate with others that are getting the exact same OOM circumstances and work out what the common denominator is here, because it certainly doesn't appear to be the base game, 180 DLC, AP or JT products.

33. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

DTG does not support unauthorised modification of it's products. I believe it says that somewhere.
    Have you thought about contacting AP?

34. kilt46

kilt46 Active Member

I have not worked out how to isolate the 3 AP packages (weather,rails,signals) to run a vanilla install to prove whether AP is potentially causing this repeatable affect.

35. kilt46

kilt46 Active Member

If only I could analyze the actual error I would attempt to fix it. Thank you for pointing out it is all my fault. I have only ever loaded software from DTG, AP or JT. I have zero workshop DLC. I have not modified any of my scenarios. Everything is procured legitimately. Why I only use this pc for TSC.

Respectfully

Last edited: May 11, 2023
  36. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Should've kept an isolated vanilla backup then shouldn't you, can't help those that wont help themselves..

BTW, for the umpteenth (and last) time... I have AP weather (2.0), AP Signals, AP track and it DOESN'T OOM on MY system..

I never said that, don't be a drama queen, I said the fault is looking more and more likely to lie at your end because it's not repeatable by everyone, you cannot blame the core or DLC or 3rd party content if other people have those exact things and it works as it should and is not reproducible, if you're going to act like a petulant little child over this issue then I'm done attempting to help try shed some light on the subject from another perspective.

I did actually have another thought on what could be causing this, a potential difference between our systems, think I'll just keep it to myself now though.

37. kilt46

kilt46 Active Member

The term ‘petulant child’ is rather offensive. Think I am done with this forum.

Good day

• Like Like x 1
  38. Dom5619

Dom5619 New Member

Just to note that the 'Stowaway' crashed on the original x64 as well. That is, I ran it out of my 'oldrailworks' folder which is one of my backups. I had previously completed the 180 scenarios from that build so I don't have a clue why it crashes now.

39. martschuffing

martschuffing Well-Known Member

Another person lost to Reef's oft offensive hard-headed approach to forum members' issues, not sure who the drama queen was?

40. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Not for me...

41. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

"Another person"... Are they dropping like flies just because of lil ol' me? I highly doubt it somehow.. lol

Don't be such a drama queen mart.. ;)

42. kilt46

kilt46 Active Member

Dear Mr Reef

Please note of your mention of having AP products was after I had made my conclusion. Up until this point in time the only mention of AP products was from another player who suggested I try without. Also my official response from DTG was that they could not resolve the issue if I still had 3rd party components involved.

You then quite rightly pointed out that you did have AP installed and that the scenarios worked for you. Your next sentence suggested that since we both had AP products and since all of my DLCs have not been tampered with and had recently been synchronized with the DLC database (all DTG products were uninstalled and installed again) that it must have been something that I had done.

I did not take kindly to your rude remarks. I am probably a lot older than you are. It would be nice to be civil on this forum.

Respectfully

• Like Like x 3
  43. kilt46

kilt46 Active Member

OK I think I have found out what is happening. I ran a LogMate report and got the following
    [RunTimeError] - Duplicate Scenario GUID in SerializeDatabase
    [Data Management] - Trace D:\build\CoreRelease\Code\DLLs\ScenarioManager\cScenarioDatabase.cpp : 883 = Scenario {da3fef25-acc9-47ad-aa147e4216aa0cb6} was out of date for route {00000003-0000-0000-0000000000000000}
    [Data Management] - Trace D:\build\CoreRelease\Code\DLLs\ScenarioManager\cScenarioDatabase.cpp : 1013 = Scenario {5d67811a-4031-4e5e-b43567899b89b7bc} is no longer present in route {00000068-0000-0000-0000000000002016}

I Never had this pack as it was bundled in the 2016 pack
    I have the 00000068-a000 pack South Wales Main Line which was rewritten.

The 180 pack is trying to close up and is looking for a pack I do not have (and cannot purchase!)

It would appear that those who have been playing the game longer probably have those packs and the wrap up works for them since they own these packs.

Also looks like Verifying the Integrity of local files may be key with the current build of TSC

Very strange!

Last edited: May 15, 2023
  44. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

So, I also came across this OOM issue earlier whilst I was playing TSC.
    Yes, I have AP products installed as well as the ATS OLE pack but other included scenarios on ECML south work correctly. Only the Grand Central class 180 Adelante is causing the OOM problem.

I've been playing TSC for over 2 years now and do have previous years versions (2016 onwards).
    TSC is installed on an SSD and backed up to a different HDD.

45. kilt46

kilt46 Active Member

Do you have the original 68-00 South Wales route or did you repurchase the 68-a0 2021 South Wales route?

I think I have a theory on my JT issues. I have the complete set of JT product as well as additional copies of the JT Midlands (bought during sale) in the mistaken belief that it would open up a few additional scenarios leveraged from other packs. Yes I did get those bonus scenarios however now I think my pc may be confused by duplicate tiles from competing purchased packs.

This simulator makes one spend so much time debugging stuff to get it to work well.

Respectfully

46. kilt46

kilt46 Active Member

Ok now this is where it gets weird! I cleaned everything up. Took out ALL of my JT MML stuff (removed duplicates). I ran the 'Verify Local' Files and cleaned them up. Ran 'Verify Local' again showing nothing was incorrect.
    • I ran 'The Stowaway' and guess what. It completed and I received NO OOM!
    • I ran it a second time and yes I did get a OOM!
    Logmate was still running during both runs so I sent the whole file in to DTG. I am now curious to see what they find.

Respectfully

(The JT stuff has nothing to do with this event - just getting ready to see if I have now fixed my JT OOMs later this evening)

47. kilt46

kilt46 Active Member

I think I have fixed my JT OOM Issues. I basically have too much DLC to keep track of. I have a MML: Sheffield-Derby and MML: Leicester-Derby DLC bought from Steam. I also had both of these bought from JT. Looks like the overlap in assets caused the regular OOM issues I was seeing when I ran JT scenarios. I simply turned off the 2 x Steam DLCs and reloaded the JT Midland Mainline products from scratch.

Now I can finally go back to Maxed Out graphics running all of my JT Scenarios using AP Assets. Time to 'Have a Cigar!' :)

48. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The Sheffield - Derby from JT or Steam installs in to the same folder
    I would uninstall the Steam Version of Sheffield - Derby and Leicester-Derby.
    Then reinstall the JT versions of both routes which install to the same folder to give one continuous route.

49. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Oh JT... took me some time to create working assets folders... all installed manually and checking each file for preexistence, date and size.

It was mentioned before - installing them in order of release date (see Steam Store) should do the trick.

The thing with JT is, many routes share the same library of assets - but these got updated with route releases, so if you're installing in the wrong order old files overwrite new files.

I like DTG's concept of one route - one asset pack. Never had any trouble with DTG routes.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2023
  50. kilt46

kilt46 Active Member

Just finished my 3rd JT run on Midland Main Line. This one was 110 minutes with graphics on highest resolution. Before I would always get a OOM. Having removed the Steam Version of MML DLCs(2 off) I no longer receive any OOM errors. Conclusion. On my pc having duplicate routes appears to generate a OOM error.

Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700F @ 2.50GHz, 2496 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB
    Display NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    C: SSD 465 GB
    D: 931 GB (Railworks running on this)

Respectfully

Last edited: May 17, 2023