PC Unnamed Steamdb Depots (tsw3 Edition)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by WonterRail, Feb 20, 2023.

1. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Well, it's a good thing for PS5 users that Download Manager has been released!

• Like Like x 3
  2. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

It’s really almost nothing, but it’s certainly something.

Usually don’t discuss this sort of thing on here since a few people either take it to the extreme or seem to get offended by picking out little bits.

Attached Files:

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. olly.smail

olly.smail Well-Known Member

7D954D45-AB81-4EAB-B308-EA2AC76C02F4.jpeg the roof shape does look pretty similar to the 700

4. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

So with only one Route Depot left, safe to say that we won't see anymore news for the others until next month. And indeed for sure Skyhook's Midland Main will be the next big thing before anymore DLCs that we know of, leaked or otherwise, shows up in the database.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2023
  5. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I’m half thinking the same, but at the same time it does look abit off. considering we can barely see anything I don’t want to say either way.

6. olly.smail

yh definitely. i’m surprised there isn’t a depot for the 700 as far as i’m aware considering the teaser and leak we’ve seen

• Like Like x 1
  7. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Depots tend to get added in batches. They could be purposely holding back the Class 700 because they only just released the RailOG Class 37 for the same route. But both add-ons could have very well been developed at the same time, which is why they included a teaser for the 700 in the loco pack announcement. I’m assuming we’ll find out more in the next roadmap.

• Like Like x 2
  8. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Worth noting there is lots of activity on SteamDB right now. Unusually, there have been multiple updates to the RC_Preview branch without a patch being released. Normally, a bundle of changes gets pushed to the Preview branch, and this exact bundle gets released to the public if nothing goes wrong in final certification.
    This could either mean they‘re adding additional content/fixes to an already largely finished patch or are concurrently working on releasing multiple patches. Seeing updates for the rumored Midland Mainline content depot, but also Kassel-Würzburg (maybe adding the missing Railbow ICE scenario?) and some other stuff from the second loco bundle, probably just minor fixes. Lots of content from the American Super Bundle is also in the preview branch, so perhaps the Trenton patch is finally arriving.
    Interestingly, Long Island Railroad and its loco DLC as well as Harlem were updated at the same time as these other US DLCs. I know we have official confirmation the Trenton timetable isn’t being changed, but I still have a tiny hope for LIRR AI at Penn Station because of that.

• Helpful Helpful x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  9. max#2873

max#2873 Well-Known Member

That would bring some rehabilitation for DTG

• Like Like x 1
  10. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Not really, they’re just cementing the fact that no matter what they say, they never change.

Releasing a load of half baked content, to fix it weeks/months after release, is not acceptable.

• Like Like x 3
  11. mgbgt

mgbgt Well-Known Member

I am really sorry but all this steam db stuff is jiberish to me so I am going to ask what is probably a really stupid question but does this give an idea of how near we are to the mml route releasing?

12. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

It’s quite difficult to predict when content is going to release exactly. Main indicators for a release in the coming weeks are the addition of the achievements and the file size of the content depot. Both has already happened a while back for Midland Mainline, but we don’t know if its release may have been delayed after that. According to JD, we will be getting an article this week. A release before the next roadmap is still fully possible, but not guaranteed anymore.

• Like Like x 3
  13. mgbgt

mgbgt Well-Known Member

Perfect thank you mate, sorry to have quoted you so late at night but I would have forgot by the morning!!

14. mbjbjm#7281

mbjbjm#7281 Well-Known Member

The MML route is close to release as they have already uploaded the achievements and their plan was for it to release before the next roadmap. Their routine is to announce a preview stream a week ahead and then release it the week after. So it’s at least two weeks away.

• Like Like x 1
  15. mgbgt

mgbgt Well-Known Member

Thanks mate!!

16. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

Well I think I can conclude the original batch of unnamed depots from February, as the last one 2101381, is indeed for the upcoming Midland Main Line route coming tomorrow. Final download size for that one is 4.80 GiB.

But as one door closes, another one opens. A new unnamed depot has been entered into the steamdb. This one is numbered 2259150, and has a large download size of 6.66 GiB, hinting that it's for a very large route (or a very detail one now that we have Niddertalbahn). I would believe this is the depot for Peak Forest, considering that it's hinted to be the next route up after MML.

I know many people might either be confused, or probably don't care about all the stuff that has been posted here, but for me, the most important thing you need to take away from here is the download size of the add-on, as this can give a clue as to what that add-on might be like, especially if it's for one that we don't know the existence off at that time, like with those smaller add-ons that became part of Loco-Bundle 2.

It's why I will carry posting here, as if ever a new unnamed depot, that has a download size comes up, I will bring it up in this thread.

• Like Like x 13
    • Helpful Helpful x 6
  17. olly.smail

man i really hope that really large route is ecml south. being 76 miles it would make sense plus all the new/large assets

18. Wieczorek

Wieczorek Active Member

Achievements for Peak Forest are on steamdb

19. WonterRail

If you want to know what they are, this is it:

Steamdb: https://steamdb.info/app/1944790/history/?changeid=U:37564916

20. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

What's the lead in from appearing on Steam DB to release, then, generally? Trying to budget for this plus Rio Grande Southern and Boston to Springfield (Alco's!!) on TSC. Had hoped PF was a few weeks off but looks like it could be imminent.

21. Bravo2six

Bravo2six Well-Known Member

I think it's usually still a few weeks out. It's when the achievements go live on console it'll be about 2 weeks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  22. WonterRail

So it turns depot 2259150 was for Peak Forest Railway all along. Final download size going into today's release is 6.60 GiB. Despite the fact that the route is only 38 Miles long (include the branch to Buxton) this size is probably as a result of the large amount of rolling stock the route provides.

…and with that, we currently have no unnamed depots in the steamdb (at least any with download sizes). But if an update does bring one in, I will bring them up here.

• Like Like x 17
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  23. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

Thank you for the great coverage, WonterRail.

I would expect the next batch of depots to be for the Glossop line, CL700 and possibly three depots for the suspected summer pack (the slowdown in releases is the same as before the release of Rush Hour and TSW3).

• Like Like x 3
  24. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Don’t forget about the first Just Trains route and the German loco add-on! I’m assuming we might get these before the summer pack as well.

• Like Like x 2
  25. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I am not so sure about the JT route as they are still adding scenery from what they said. Certainly the German loco I would imagine won't be too far off.

• Like Like x 1
  26. WonterRail

Today's update has brought us 3 new unnamed depots with download sizes. they are the following:
    • 2182350, which has a download size of 185.26 MiB, hinting at a loco/expansion add-on (around the same size as the DB BR 187 & BR 363 Add-Ons)
    • 2259153, which has a download size of 144.64 MiB, also hinting at a possible loco/expansion add-on (Same size as add-ons such as the NJ BR 423 & DB BR 155 Add-Ons).
    • 2259154, which has the largest download size of 3.72 GiB, which hints towards a small-ish route (Same size as routes such as Sand Patch Grade & LGV Med).
    The last depot with the larger download size has to be for the upcoming Glossop Line, considering that we are supposedly due it this month, with the other two smaller depots being for the loco add-ons currently on the roadmap (Class 700/0 and unnamed German Loco Add-On).

Speaking of the later, I think I've found the route it's going for. In the update, there was a large route that was also updated that didn't have any patch notes alongside it. This depot is numbered 1998950 and has a large download size of 6.32 GiB. What route does this represent may you ask? It is non other than Nahverkehr Dresden (- Riesa). Maybe it's just speculation right now, but I have seen this route updated quite a few times in the past couple of weeks on the steamdb, hinting that this is possibly the route getting that German Loco Add-On.

In all, really curious to see, if it is for that route, what it actually gets, and if the route itself receives all the TSW3 upgrades aswell (Lightning, Skies, etc), just like what Boston-Providence & Sherman Hill got when they had their respective add-ons.

Steamdb: https://steamdb.info/app/1944790/history/?changeid=19077787

Last edited: Jun 7, 2023
    • Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 5
  27. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

If the German loco is indeed for Dresden then this will make me very happy.

• Like Like x 1
  28. WonterRail

Can confirm it is for Nahverkehr Dresden. Because if you click on the route now from the route selection menu, you will find that the number of services under the timetable section has gone up from 461 to 477, and I get the feeling that those new services don't exist yet.
    New Loco Add-On Dresden.jpg
    So now with that information, the only question that remains is, what is the loco in question? At the moment, I get the feeling it's going to be something freight related, but I guess we will just have to wait and see on that.

• Like Like x 10
  29. redrev1917

I'm hoping freight - hopefully utilising the avoiding lines. But I wouldn't say no to an ICE T either.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Javelin

Javelin Well-Known Member

If it's freight related then it could be either the br189 or br 193.

31. redrev1917

maybe someone far cleverer than I can delve into the files and see if theres any clues attached to the new services?

• Like Like x 1
  32. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

A new thought, could it be a modern shunting loco which makes more use of the big yards and industries?

33. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

It's kind of confirmed to be the Railpool vectron

34. yansel#5383

yansel#5383 Member

Is it possible to guess how much time passes between the steam depot thingies appear and the release of the content?

35. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

I would guess the German loco is for July as DTG are working on the big summer DLC pack- and for August we will get this update :D

36. mortal1234

mortal1234 Well-Known Member

People on here keep going about this massive Summer DLC as if it’s fact that it is going to happen. Nothing has even been confirmed yet or even hinted at about it. I understand they have done this previous years before but what if things turn out to be different this year ??? What if DTG decide not to do it this time around. So many people will be massively disappointed for assuming something that was never guaranteed.

• Like Like x 2
  37. Wieczorek

Wieczorek Active Member

From Epic games was 6 month ago DLC leak with Name CB- maybe City Bahn - this was in period between 1984 and 1994 with DB BR 141 and n-wagen.Maybe next German route comming with this lokomotive around Hamburg,Trier,Frankfurt or Dortmund.Maybe is only my dream?

38. Swisstrains

Have you got a source for that?

• Like Like x 1
  39. Swisstrains

definitely, you’re right! But the “system” has been the same for the last years: In the early summer months it’s a bit more quiet, the roadmap empties and fixes are published more often than new content- and it’s the same again!
    I know we can’t rely on “it was the same the last years” but that’s why I wrote “I would guess” :D

• Like Like x 3
  40. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Next stop bawü! Constance - Bregenz maybe? Or Constance - Basel.

41. FredElliott

FredElliott Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  42. lux#4689

lux#4689 Well-Known Member

So, on Epicdb, there are 4 new entries:
    Smithfield1
    Smithfield2
    Smithfield3
    smithfieldStandardPrePurchase

With having 3, and a Bundle-Purchase, they look like being the Summer bundle. But according to the Namespace, they don't seem to be for TSW3 (and neither DTGs fishing game), but for a new game. Not sure atm, if they are train-related, but they could hint towards TSW4?

• Like Like x 1
  43. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Ham Smoking Simulator

• Like Like x 4
  44. Swisstrains

as long as it’s not three British routes I’m personally fine with that :D

(Please consider this is my opinion- you can like British routes as much as I like German ones ;))

• Like Like x 1
  45. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

We we have had quite a few British routes. Being from the UK they are my main area of interest and knowledge but I am really enjoying the non British content. I have played more German routes lately than British ones. I try and balance it out though.

Interesting name, I wonder why they chose Smithfield?

• Like Like x 1
  46. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

It still feels too early for a tsw4 since it feels like tsw3 release was yesterday. If it was a tsw4, then how would it work? What kind of upgrade would warrant a brand new game? Like is it still the usual stuff porting over or is it a new start.

• Like Like x 4
  47. Wieczorek

Wieczorek Active Member

Smithfield is part of London and others places in England(Wikipedia).What hat to do with summer Release?

48. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Usually code names have nothing to do with what the game is about or its content.

49. redrev1917

The likes of SHG, JT & Rivet wouldnt be so invested in TSW3 if TSW4 meant a new start, our collections are safe, whenever that may or may not release.

Although I am asking myself if the reason why Rivet have suddenly invested in patching their back catalogue could be partly due to the need in some rework to make them compatible with a future upgrade. Although I could simply be reading to much into it, just seems odd that the 204 suddenly gets attention after all these years of neglect.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2023
  50. Swisstrains

Personally I doubt that- somewhere Jasper from Rivet said “They would practice before making another Swiss route” and in the roadmap stream (as I asked what is up with Rivet since it’s been quiet around them for some time) JD said that they have helped DTG with Glossop.
    Therefore I guess that Rivet are just improving their abilities, help DTG and maybe just wanted to fix some stuff because it was often asked for…
    But who knows?

• Like Like x 1