Weekly Contest End?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by unionpacificfan, May 9, 2023.

1. unionpacificfan

unionpacificfan Well-Known Member

Have I missed something?
    Should not the weekly contest end yesterday and start a new or does it go on another week?

2. KTL_Rob Powell

KTL_Rob Powell Well-Known Member

Yesterday was a Bank Holiday in the UK (thus the office was closed), I'm sure it will be done today at some point.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. TrainsAreBest

TrainsAreBest Active Member

For those not familiar, a bank holiday in the UK is what elsewhere is called a public holiday. Yesterday was a special one, given so we could celebrate the coronation of His Majesty.

4. same thing happen last week and was lucky i was still in front with most likes for the win for TSW and anyone who thinks that the winners are not always most likes dont follow it like it do

5. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

That theory is a lie, in Week 14, I had more likes than the actual winner, and still lost, so...

6. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

The weekly screenshot contest doesn't go on most likes anymore though.
    That was stopped due to people getting friends etc to like their posts in order to win.
    The winner is now decided by DTG staff.

Sometimes it's just a coincidence that DTG choose the post with the most likes for the winning photo.

7. cscarpenter

cscarpenter Well-Known Member

Stop and think...............................If the shot is good enough to be an option for the winning shot of the week ....................... it is also going to attract a lot of likes from fellow contributors and thread followers, hence a lot of likes.
    LIkes do not win this comp, quality contributions do.
    I challenge you to come up with a major All singing, All dancing, The Perfect Winning shot and post 30mins before the deadline.
    Guaranteed you will have 0 likes but could possibly blow us all away and win.
    It has happened before !!!!!!!!!!