Weather: What Does Precipitation Do?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TimTri, May 9, 2023.

1. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Hey everyone!
    Just doing a journey run on Northern Transpennine right now. It’s in February and has the precipitation bar maxed out in the weather presets, but in-game it’s a beautiful and dry day with no wetness or even fog whatsoever.
    So can anyone explain what the precipitation slider does on its own? Does it perhaps only have an impact if used together with other sliders (wetness, snow level etc.)?

2. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

Erm first of all are you playing on journey mode or are you playing timetable. Journey runs have set out whether whereas timetable mode you can customise the weather. I have just tried what you have described on timetable mode and it has worked fine

3. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Yes, I’m aware the weather is preset in Journey mode. I just noticed that the preset was 100% precipitation and basically all other bars at zero, and I wondered what effect the precipitation slider had because I certainly had a dry and cloudless day in-game.

4. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

I could be wrong but I think you need to increase the cloud cover too.

• Like Like x 1
  5. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

^ If the cloud level is down at 0 then it will probably cancel out the precipitation slider.

• Like Like x 1