Out Now Peak Forest Railway: Ambergate – Chinley & Buxton - Out Now!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Alex, May 9, 2023.

1. Dreadblade

Dreadblade New Member

I am interested in this, looks very good, but I have one question. How is the AI traffic on this route? I have only noticed 1 other train passing by in the official preview. I think I watched most of the videos about this on other people's youtube channels and it feels you are mostly alone. Is this by design? I have no idea how it's supposed to be, but I am curious because it would be cool to see more steam trains pass you by while you move along.

2. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

There may not be any time table services for passengers hauled by 4F but there are 2 and 3 car options in scenario planner.So these pictures aren't really false advertising,the route details are the issue.My guess is no one relized how this would look to players.

3. DTG Alex

DTG Alex Community Manager Staff Member

Initial support online says to relog into Steam (completely log out and exit, then re-enter) if you haven't done so yet, but payment to Steam may need to be something you raise with their support service - I'd try here: https://help.steampowered.com/en/

4. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Already done both but guess i'll wait prolly some issue with the transaction company

5. CowBoyWolf

As it says this on steam
    This purchase failed, Steam failed to accept the payment from your payment provider.

If you see a charge for this purchase on your statement, it will be removed when your payment provider resolves their transactions. Steam has not received money for this purchase.

6. DTG Alex

DTG Alex Community Manager Staff Member

They are good at getting back within 24 hours - do please update me how it goes as I can see if we can help from our side :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. gavin.gledhill

gavin.gledhill New Member

How long does it usually take for Xbox game pass discount to be applied to a DLC?

Many thanks

8. andrewandjane66

andrewandjane66 Well-Known Member

Anything between same day or, in one case, 5 days. Recently, they have been appearing the following day.

• Like Like x 1
  9. CowBoyWolf

Well 25 hours later still nothing has happened no responses from steam either

10. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

Not a bad route. The Safety valves are annoying me though, each chuff is slightly too quiet after 20mph on the 4F with unfortunately not a clear cylinder pattern. I get there’s issues with recording sounds, and under 10mph sounds amazing.
    Shame there isn’t any Passenger locals for the 4F too.

11. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

The route itself is great, well apart from the lighting and the missing hillside. One of the best UK routes in the sim so far I would say, but there is so much that could have been done and still should be done to gild the lily, so to speak.

• Like Like x 1
  12. OldVern

Got the 20's out now, freakin' awesome...

PFR_20's.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  13. SHINO BAZ

Has anyone notice the F4 side door entertaine issue,the outter hinged section not attached to the inner section.

• Like Like x 1
  14. OldVern

Continuing on with the Class 20's which, incidentally, seem a little underpowered - down to 16 MPH with 1482 tonnes on the 1 in 100 climbs north of Matlock...

PFR2.jpg PFR3.jpg PFR4.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  15. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Well, of course they are. They're Class 20s.

• Like Like x 1
  16. OldVern

They sound lovely though!

• Like Like x 1
  17. SHINO BAZ

Well clearly they should have a banker to.Perhaps 5 37/5 could get this train up de mountain.

18. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Wait a minute! The Class 20s can be run on Peak Forest? What am I missing???

19. OldVern

Scenario Planner, in Off The Rails Mode.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Luk396-e464

Luk396-e464 Active Member

Are there services that run between Ambergate and Cromford? All services semi-express from Manchester to London St. Pancras terminate at Matlock station and ones from London to Manchester begin at Cromford station (or Matlock). Does anyone have my same issue?

I'm on Xbox One X

21. OldVern

The timetable is indeed rather odd, thanks to the decision to start the route at Ambergate where few expresses call rather than Derby. Seems the only way to do an end to end run is set up your own in Scenario Planner, which isn’t that difficult.

22. LastTrainToClarksville

Thanks!

I've never tried the Scenario Planner -- perhaps I should?

• Like Like x 1
  23. robert.miller

robert.miller Member

Definitely. I'm not into steam personally but I bought this and Spirit Of Steam just to run Diesels in my own scenarios. Once you get used to it, its easy to use and you can make some really good scenarios exactly as you want them with your choice of traction and rolling stock.

24. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  25. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

If Scenario Planner is so easy to use what would be so difficult about DTG including existing diesel traction and scenarios/services for the route?

Last edited: May 17, 2023
  26. OldVern

Current scenario planner is far too limited, as we've all commented on numerous times.

However despite numerous pleas and even posts in the Suggestions Forum, DTG have gone totally silent on its replacement (SP2) let alone access to the more extensive timeable building features they are using. Most of us would be happy to get some sort of consist editor, expanded placement for player services including access to the spawn and takeout portals, finer control over departure times and the ability to specify season and weather conditions.

While understanding the indignation of the DTG employee who posted a little earlier in this thread at some of the (mostly constructive) feedback on PFR, equally we are faced with the frustration of dealing with a company that not only don't appear to want to give us decent user tools, they don't even want to talk about it.

• Like Like x 3
  27. lancpudn

lancpudn Active Member

I've never been into the scenario planner either, Time I should me thinks.

28. peterchambers

peterchambers Active Member

If I can get it working anyone can. Have been driving and passing green 101's and a class 52 around the Peaks. Well worth the effort.

• Like Like x 1
  29. LastTrainToClarksville

I just have to love a route that offers experiences such as this:

TSW3_TAPper_1684336135_00.jpg

Peak Forest - LMS Stainer BF - "Light Loco Move" (timetable session). By the way, I brightened this screen shot slightly.

• Like Like x 2
  30. johnbirch#4603

johnbirch#4603 Active Member

I love doing these in the evening, turning all the lights off. Real immersion!

31. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

I have never really done scenario planner but when I got back from the football this evening I decided to set up a scenario with a Peak from Ambergate to Chinley and it was just so amazing and the Peak felt right at home. The issue is I am now really wanting a diesel layer for the timetable more as the immersion doing this but in a green peak with mk1s would be so much greater. Please DTG, I am begging here, that you release a diesel pack for this route with at least a 45/0 and a 101 as a minimum as the beautyful scenery you have wonderfully recreated sadly can't be admired or enjoyed from the kettles.

• Like Like x 3
  32. OldVern

Absolutely this. Preferably also throw in a 25 to sub for the 4F and maybe haul the shorter passenger workings and of course the much needed Class 104. This should never have been a purely steam route.

• Like Like x 3
  33. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I suspect a lot of the local workings were still steam in 1963. I don't think diesels should be the dominant form of traction. It should be a real mix.