Train Sim World 3 Iow Steam Island Railway.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by SHINO BAZ, May 3, 2023.

1. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Yes i very aware this has been suggested many time already but after reading recent comments because a few people are grumbling about short routes. I worried this route being only 5.5 mile and being mainly steam locos might get moved off the consideration list,which be a shame.As we have seen TSC has this route and has had for many many years,it be a shame if never made it to TSW someday.If anything this would be a great route to compliment rivet games iow routes.

Last edited: May 3, 2023
    • Like Like x 15
  2. R3DWolf91

R3DWolf91 Well-Known Member

Personally I think the IOW Steam Railway would be a fun way to coax people into running steam that may otherwise be intimidated by it. Instead of jumping straight into the large mainline tender locomotives we currently have you'd get a short route with small tank engines to learn the basics and get a feel for steam ops on a smaller scale. Not to mention you get some beautiful countryside!

• Like Like x 5
  3. SHINO BAZ

Plus if you have the 483 or 484 (I'm not sure which one would be a better option) from the island line you might see them at the small brook station when your train stops there to switch ends.

• Like Like x 2
  4. pjwilson15

pjwilson15 Member

Could always have IOW back in the days when it ran to Ventnor and add the branch to Newport and maybe some of the other branch lines.
    We could have the opportunity to have old school branch line freight and passenger services, using the tank engines. Just a thought.

• Like Like x 4
  5. allen#2820

allen#2820 New Member

I'd love to see this. When I was nowt but a lad I visited the IOW Steam Railway when I was on holiday with my parents. I remember buying a book about the island's railways that included a map of all the past lines. I no longer seem to have it, so sadly it must have been chucked out years ago.

• Like Like x 2
  6. SHINO BAZ

I have posted this on the rivet game forums as well but jasper says steam trains are bit to difficult at this time so i figured i suggest here as well.Or DGT and RV could partner up on the project and build it together.

7. R3DWolf91

R3DWolf91 Well-Known Member

I bought this book on sale awhile ago... https://www.amazon.com/Ryde-Rail-Richard-Long/dp/1910809578

It was very informative and deff worth a read

8. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

This. In fact the whole network ought not to be too onerous for a committed route building team. Self contained, no massive motive power or freight terminals to build.

• Like Like x 3
  9. d.heal

d.heal Well-Known Member

It's a good opportunity for Airbrake steam instead of Vacuum brake steam. I volunteer on the IOW steam railway and currently a trainee fireman. The steam railway could add layers to both island lines and one of them could layer on to the steam railway route at Smallbrook, hopefully mode correctly as on both island lines route the signal box for the steam railway is missing.

10. SHINO BAZ

The one thing about this route that be a unknow quantity is how many or what steam engines would get made for it.At last count i think there up to 3+ possible options available plus 2+ diesel shunter options as well.Except for a few wagons all locomotives and passenger coaches would be new creation for TSW3.

Last edited: May 11, 2023
  11. d.heal

d.heal Well-Known Member

The steam railway has 6 steam locos in boiler ticket; W24 Calbourne, W11 Newport, 192 Waggoner, 198 Royal engineer, 41298 and 41313. 198 is having a repaint. W8 Freshwater under going overhaul W2 Yarmouth soon to going through overhaul w37 invincible waiting for overhaul and W38 Ajax waiting overhaul/Museum.
    Diesel Shunters D2059 class 03, 235, class 05 Nuclear Fred. D2059 is the thunderbird loco.
    Ryde Pier tram Car.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  12. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Bring it on and it's a TSC route that has British tank locomotives

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1