Manchester - Glossop & Hadfield Announced

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by mattwild55, May 2, 2023.

1. FredElliott

FredElliott Well-Known Member

Observations:
    - Pricing: In line with current and old money pricing; a loco is now £15 (£11.50 prior), a "short" route is normally discounted (IOW, Arosa) and a route that recycles something old is also discounted (IOW 22). Essentially the price is lowered since there's no new loco and its a short" route
    - Choice of route: Not every route needs to be a big-hitter. The more stuff that we get outside of London the better, and the more hubs (Pic) we get the better, so that there is more chance of getting long distance routes that call at hubs. Rome wasn't built in a day
    - Foundations: Since track layout (track lifting notwithstanding) remains the same as when Woodhead was still open, and also away from Pic one would imagine the visible scenery from the track won't have changed overmuch, this could be the foundation for Woodhead to come to TSW3 at some point in the future
    And I'm going to pipedream here. Again related to scenery outside of Pic not changing radically inside the last 30 odd years (visible from track at least), how about if you own NTP, you have an option of loading up the new route as it was in the 80s? Timetable from the 80s into Glossop, appropriate looking stations, BR blue stuff, and the option to jump off at Pic and walk over to the Huddersfield bound platforms. T'would be lovely

Disclaimer: by "scenery outside of Pic", I'm referring to anything beyond Manchester centre and its immediate environs

• Like Like x 4
  2. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

You are correct and there is another locomotive that can fit there the gas turbine GT3 Woodhead in BR Black 1950s-1960s. For TSW3 which version of Woodhead from TSC should be remade BR Blue 1970-1981 or the Black Paint 1954-1970 era?

3. FredElliott

Yes

• Like Like x 2
  4. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Between those two which one of them would have been a better fit instead of what we have now?

5. FredElliott

Neither, its fine as it is

But absolutely nothing wrong with both of them as additions later down the line (hoho), the three options are not mutually exclusive

• Like Like x 3
  6. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

Like I said in the other thread I would have liked to have seen it in BR blue.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Jpantera

Jpantera Well-Known Member

The lowest hanging fruit par for the course.

• Like Like x 2
  8. squidster

squidster New Member

I am really looking forward to this when it becomes available on dlc though I may have to watch a couple of YouTube videos to see of its worth it.

I want to increase my routes etc so I am hoping this one is worth it. Does anyone have any ideas as to what the train may look like on the game, pics would be appreciated lol.

• Like Like x 1
  9. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

It will be this train in either this livery

upload_2023-5-12_1-6-12.jpeg

Or this livery

upload_2023-5-12_1-6-33.jpeg

10. darkwarrior#2896

darkwarrior#2896 Well-Known Member

How does £19.99 convert into US dollars

11. darkwarrior#2896

If this is a filler route with Manchester Piccadilly Will this be the beginning of seeing the Hope Valley line introduce and TSW 3

12. darkwarrior#2896

I would like to see both liveries as official and maybe pink northern livery because Matt loves pink three official liveries so players have options

Last edited: May 12, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  13. AtherianKing

I believe it’s 24.99 USD as that’s what the original IOW route seems to be.

14. darkwarrior#2896

Thanks mate

• Like Like x 1
  15. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

From the description Matt gave in the roadmap, i think it is this one:

[​IMG]

You can watch it from multiple angles in this video:

Code:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3CaQHcrNrs

Last edited: May 12, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. squidster

squidster New Member

I'm in 2 minds about this one as I like the train itself but I'm not keen on the 13mile route and I'm now awaiting news on the Preston to Blackpool route as that's another option I have though that could be about August time it's available for DLC :(.

17. Bravo2six

Bravo2six Well-Known Member

But remember, not everyone wants old trains

• Like Like x 6

18. Small..... I sense some new large routes are in the pipeline. But under wraps. Exciting!!

• Like Like x 1
  19. matt#4801

And not everyone wants modern trains either. There should be and even mix of everything but the scales do seem to sway in modern trains favour.

• Like Like x 7
  20. AtherianKing

Definitely up for seeing a Br days route done sometime soon, always enjoyed NTP, it would be great to see a busy timetable one like that.

• Like Like x 1
  21. matt#4801

Yes, I am looking forward to the JT route already just because of the era. It's a shame there aren't more BR diesel routes.

• Like Like x 2
  22. AtherianKing

another shame as theirs a fair amount of stock available to avoid an empty route, can’t imagine it would take a great deal of time to convert the 33 into Br blue livery aswell

• Like Like x 1
  23. matt#4801

Yes, imagine the layers another 80s route would have, that would be variety!

• Like Like x 1
  24. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Can't believe we've not got a Rat or Deltic in TSW, we have the route that would suit them both but our hope of seeing them fades by each day

• Like Like x 1
  25. matt#4801

Yes especially the rats as they would be lovely on both ntp and now pfr but there we go as you say my hope is fading away.

• Like Like x 1
  26. pessitheghost

pessitheghost Well-Known Member

Deltic should be on a Ecml dlc

27. 25262

25262 Well-Known Member

I would do anything to have rats in TSW3 but i would not like Deltics.

28. matt#4801

No, I wouldn't like Deltics either, I would love Deltics! I pressume that's what you were hinting at too.;)

29. 25262

25262 Well-Known Member

No I genuinely don’t like them I do not like their noise or how they make everything vibrate they are not my least favourite class as I dislike logs more I am all for them doing 1970/80s routes NTP is my favourite route by a long way and I cant wait for the JT route but I would not get it if it involved logs or deltics.

30. matt#4801

Fair dos, rereading that does make sense now.
    The good thing about the rumble and vibration was that I didn't need to buy an alarm clock unitil 1982!
    The logs I don't mind either as they were always the trains I have asociated with holidays because of my memories of them on the English Riviera. The locos I can't stand and what might make me think twice are the warships. Anyway I have just realised this isn't the thread I thought it was so won't elaborate on that and take this any further off topic!

• Like Like x 1
  31. AtherianKing

I’ve always saw Deltics as one those types of trains that is most likely inevitable to come to TSW. I wouldn’t say that for all trains but theirs several such as them that fall under that category and others which don’t.

I think this hold of 70s/80’s/90s era stock won’t last too long, more modern routes that release the more drain it will put on them for a change. Likewise vice versa

and of course the opportunity of 3rd party

still of course a shame the steam routes (which may be taken up some of that older era slot space, though I like steam so I don’t want it left out either) have missed opportunities for existing BR stock. Hopefully that will change and perhaps if lucky backdated to SOS and Peak.

Last edited: May 15, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  32. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

I think the take I've highlighted in bold is one of a few cases in this type of discussion were you could be horribly wrong, or bang on the money.

Unlike <90s routes, the modern era has a lot more variety for the casual in particular. Different TOCs with different colours (I mean, come on, it's a massive talking point whenever a new one debuts), more rolling stock variety (most TOCs have at least one "unique" train - whereas BR had a lot of overlapping - therefore making routes have a unique appeal), more electric routes (more options than just diesel everywhere), and so forth.

TSW2020 had two modern routes, two historic routes, and a heritage route. Only one - East Coastway - was electrified, leaving GWE as the only modern diesel route, and it stayed that way until, shockingly, 5 years later with MML.

TSW2 did no better, throwing all it's eggs in the Southeastern England basket, along with the nonsense 'High-Speed Focus' in 2020-21. Only three UK routes didn't fit either category, West Cornwall Local, Spirit of Steam, and Glasgow Cathcart Circle.

TSW3 is still ongoing but it's getting easier to judge. If we include 3rd party and upcoming DLC, then we've had three Modern OHLE Routes (Birmingham, Manchester, Edinburgh), one Modern Diesel (MML), one BR Diesel (JT Route) and one Steam Route (Peak Forest).

Now, whilst this is propped up heavily by 3rd Party content, the diversity that has come for UK Content since the release of TSW3 has been a lot better than before. People were (and still are) asking for OHLE stuff constantly. It's the most popular option, seemingly.

• Like Like x 2
  33. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Not sure there is more rolling stock variety now than in BR days, liveries yes and when HST's are finally withdrawn and pretty much most of the BR Sprinter fleet there won't be so much variety in the future.

There is only really one passenger train on my local line, now Chiltern have stopped running past Snow Hill except once a day, plus class 66's on freight.

In the early 1990's there were a variety of at least five different types of first generation DMU's, admittedly some of the suburban DMU stock was practically the same, plus two types of Sprinters and anything from class 20's, 31's, 37's, 47's and 56's could turn up on freight trains.

As far as this route is concerned I would happily paid a more if they had added the Rose Hill line and a class 150 reskinned but for £20 it is fine as it is.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  34. mattwild55

mattwild55 Well-Known Member

Agree with this, seems like a slightly missed opportunity to make a little commuter network for not a huge amount more work - I'd have paid the full £30 if it included the above. Having said that, I'd definitely want to see the Simugraph for the 150 heavily revised/rewritten from scratch as it's not in a good state right now.

I'll take what we're getting for £20 though.

• Like Like x 5
  35. AtherianKing

whilst I don’t know the route in real life, I think as long as they include any layers available at this time and hopefully back date potential future ones, then it’s a good route at a decent asking price.

• Like Like x 2
  36. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Well, we don't really know how it is yet.

Even for the lower price, I'll still wait for other players' reviews. These days it's the better part of wisdom.

• Like Like x 5
  37. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Well with the caveat of course that it might be full of issues on release but that should be taken as read.

For £20 as far as I an concerned assuming there are no bugs or the timetable isn't half finished then for me it is worth it. We know what we are getting the Hadfield branch and the class 323, without any layers I would suspect certainly in terms of other passenger trains.

38. ApollonJustice

ApollonJustice Well-Known Member

As I played IOW (2022) again lately, I feel validated on what I said earlier. It has only one vehicle and it is short, but I like it, it has its own charme. Maybe it will be similar on this forthcoming route.

• Like Like x 4
  39. darkwarrior#2896

You are right about that (Just Remember You're Entitled To Your Own Opinion)!. I think $24.99 is an excellent price!

40. johncoaltrain

johncoaltrain Member

Having had a brief ride on this route earlier today, I’ll be giving it a go once it releases.

• Like Like x 2
  41. RailFan97

RailFan97 Active Member

Was hoping we’d see some more screenshots for this route this week but that’s looking unlikely. DTG have been quiet recently and the game has got a bit boring. I’m hoping they’re busy working towards something exciting.

• Like Like x 1
  42. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Don't worry. They are working on bugfixes and the yearly big summer release. We just need to wait a bit more.

• Like Like x 3
  43. pessitheghost

cough you mean tsw4

44. Javelin

Javelin Well-Known Member

I doubt it'll be tsw4 this year, I expect it to be a summer bundle like what rush hour was.

• Like Like x 1
  45. pessitheghost

hope we get an ecml

46. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Going on the length of this title, it will be Kings Cross to Hornsey or Durham to Newcastle!
    Or if we take the illogical start points of PFR, Finsbury Park to Welwyn GC or Thirsk to Northallerton!

• Like Like x 4
  47. pessitheghost

honestly :D, with the way things are London - Peterborough seems like a pipe dream

• Like Like x 1
  48. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

You'd be wrong then.

20230611_112855.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  49. Wieczorek

Wieczorek Active Member

This are achievements for PS5?MGP- I guess this is Manchester- Glossop .Maybe next week comming Steam achievements for Glossop line.I play on PC.

• Like Like x 1
  50. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

PS5 yes, they appeard in the trophy list this week.