PC Ruhr-sieg Nord: Hagen - Finnentrop Route Add-on

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by MADxHAWK, Feb 7, 2019.

Tags:
  1. MADxHAWK

MADxHAWK Member

Well i just bought the Ruhr-Sieg Nord: Hagen - Finnentrop Route Add-On and im very dissapointed.
    Seems like Dovetail still just want to rush out add-ons without caring about functionality.
    1. why you implemented thinks like PZB even you know it doesnt work as it should be?
    2. Why you implement Signals showing VR 2 (proceed with limited speed at next main signal) or HP 2 (proceed with limited speed) or even ZS3 signaling when it doesnt have any functions?

On Railworks you had an quite good working PZB and even a signaling that limit the speed. In TSW you are to lazy to add this functionality?

Im driving my train at 120km/h. I pass a signal showing VR 2 with ZS3 100km/h Now PZB should be activated and make sure i will pass the main signal showing HP2 with zs3 100km/h with 100km/h or less but nothing happens when i aktivate PZB.
    Ill pass the main signal with 120 km/h even the Signal is showing HP2 with ZS3 100km/h and speed should be reduced to 100km/h. Again nothing happend no forced stunt from PZB even i passed the Signal with to high speed. Speed Indicator still show 120km/h and not the Speed the signal showed.
    I dont understand why this worked in Railworks (Trainsimulator 2018 / 2019) but not in TSW?
    Speed signaling dont work at all. I could even pass a Signal showing HP2 (Green / Yellow proceed with 40km/h) with 120km/h when there is no speed reduction on the track itself.

You did a great job on graphics and details but left out the most importend think for a realistic simulation, the functionality.
    Are there any plans to implement the functionality of PZB and Speed signals?

Right now your advertising on steam is nothing less then missdirection of customers and im more then dissapointed...

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

On this point, and this point alone. The two systems are not related in any sense so comparison between the two is likely erroneous.

Yes the system should work if at all implemented and you're not the first to point out the issues with such systems. Hopefully they're listening

• Like Like x 2
  3. MADxHAWK

MADxHAWK Member

Maybe the two systems are not related but dovetail developed both so no one can tell they dont know how to implement this very importend function for a realistic simulation.
    So even TSW is a completly new software and working with a new engine Dovetail should know how german Signaling works andt there is no reason to not implement this feature / function unless Dovetail just want to rip off their customers.

4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

That's not how software development works, but I agreed they should implement the function

5. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

I checked this post with people who know PZB and they said that you don’t know what you are talking about. I think you should understand how something works before you say it’s broken.

• Like Like x 5
  6. AlexNL

AlexNL Well-Known Member

PZB is deactivated by default in TSW, and even if you activate it the system can never enforce a slowdown from 120 km/h to 100 km/h. The system simply doesn't work that way, and it was never designed to do so.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Th3Fl4mIng

Th3Fl4mIng Member

1. As Alex quite rightly said, PZB is deactivated by default. (Activate by pressing cntrl + enter / shift + enter), or by searching for the appropriate button. I believe you know where they are when you know about the technical term of how the signals are called.
    2. The keys "page down" (Wachsam), "end" (Frei) and "delete" (Befehl) are used to interact with the PZB in TSW.
    3. Please show where there is a signal showing HP2 + ZS3 100km/h, as I can't recall having seen one.

All I can tell you is that the PZB on RSN definitely works.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. MADxHAWK

MADxHAWK Member

Funny how people say i dont know what im talking about.

1. i never said PZB will slow down the train cause it dont do it
    2. When you approch a signal showing VR 2 (Continue with reduced speed at nex main signal) you have to press PZB Attation whil passing the Signal, regardless wether the signal also shows ZS 3v or not.
    3. When you dont press PZB Attention whithin a few seconds while passing the signal the train will forced an emergency break
    4. When you have pressed PZB Attention you have to slow down your train whithin a specific range (Speed depends on PZB Setting Person, Fright, Slow Fright)
    5. When you pass the main signal with a higher speed (usualy 40km/h when there is no ZS 3 signaling) your train is forced an emergency break

So PZB is NOT working as intended in this game, you can pass a Signal showing VR 2 (Green / Yellow) with full speed ignore PZB Attention and nothing happens.
    Also HP 2 dont set the Speedlimit you can pass it with every speed you want.

I will do a screenshot when i will pass that Signal, its somewhere on the Line between Hagen / Siegen
    You will pass a VR 2 with ZS3v showing 100km/h and a main Signal with ZS3 showing 100km/h
    Regular line speed is set to 100km/h a few 100m behind the Signal

Where PZB is working and forcing an emergency break when ignored is at regular speedsigns (LF)

9. AlexNL

AlexNL Well-Known Member

That is indeed the expected behaviour of PZB. However...

If the accompanying Zs3v indicates "10", the speed limit applicable from the next signal would be 100 km/h. A 1000 Hz PZB magnet will always enforce a speed decrease to 85 km/h in mode O (passenger), and even lower speeds in modes M or U. This would mean that a passenger train is -needlessly- forced to slow down to 85 km/h, within 23 seconds, while this is unnecessary.

Furthermore, on the internet I've found this tidbit of information regarding the operation of 1000 Hz magnets:
    This makes me believe that the behaviour you are seeing is, in fact, correct.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
  10. MADxHAWK

MADxHAWK Member

The Zs3v showing 10 for 100kmh was an example, i also passed signals showing VR2 (green / yellow) without a Zs3v what means you have to pass the next main signal with a max of 40 kmh. I pressed PZB attention while passing the VR 2 showing signal and PZB didnt get active.
    I also could pass the Mainsignal showing HP2 with a much higher Speed than 40kmh and dont get a PZB emergency break.
    And yes, PZB is enabled, so dont tell me i forgot about to enable PZB

So either not all signals are equipped with a 1000hz magnet to activate PZB surveilance when passing, or there are still some errors in the PZB system.
    Same happens on the Leipzig route and overall, signals showing HP2 (with or without ZS3) dont limit the speed of the track as they should.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  11. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

PZB works correctly on RSN, with a few exceptions.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  12. AlexNL

AlexNL Well-Known Member

The PZB on the Leipzig route ("Rapid Transit") is known to be broken and is currently not planned to be fixed. RSN's PZB implementation is generally seen as being correct, so if you encounter any issues with it... please share and report them :)

Can you share locations where you see this incorrect behaviour?

• Like Like x 5