Ladies & Gentlemen Of The Tsw Community..... Its Time.....

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by antony.henley, May 20, 2023.

1. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

We had an update about scenario creator.

Yes we know there are some of the community that dont or wont use it, if that's you then please feel free to erm move on
    SC 2 was put on the backburner a good few months ago and by the looks of it being quietly forgotten about and I suspect its not on the priority lists of to be done soon.

We know that the current form of SC is frankly not fit for purpose, Its too dependant on the route designers / creators inputting minimalistic pathways onto new routes when they are released, IMHO more of an afterthought. Not alot of end user control in departures, arrivals and consist creation. This is what is seriously missing in SC.

I certainly hope there is some news on Scenario Creator 2 at somepoint as it is seriously needed in TSW.

Regards
    Hentis

• Like Like x 9
  2. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I do want to use it, but not in it's current form. I would welcome any updates to it to increase functionality and the freedom to make consists and choose a bespoke path.

• Like Like x 4
  3. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Sadly I expect this thread will get the same response from DTG as other recent ones on the topic - nil acknowledgement or reply.

• Like Like x 1
  4. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

While it's current form is useable it's very limited in what we can do with it. There are some great creators in the community who've managed to make some great scenarios with the current form via PC, I can't wait to see what they could do with SC2 with more features and freedom to path how we want too!

5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Matt told me in another thread about the paths that the tool they use to create scenario planner paths isn’t up to the job and that is why the paths are often very odd, especially on freight routes, where the paths can constantly swap from one running track to the opposite running track and back for no reason, or head in and out of sidings etc.

It’s almost completely broken on PS5 after Add-ons Manager (AOM) came too, with the game not being able to load certain trains it can’t find. Scenarios often end up with no Play button because it thinks you haven’t got the train it needs. Editing scenarios to swap out one train can lead to other services with those trains going missing and the services not loading. It’s a right mess. I posted about it in the Add-ons Manager feedback thread but that’s a thread I think DTG forgot they posted as there’s been no acknowledgment of any of the issues brought up in it. I guess it’ll only get seen when PC players get AOM and experience the same issues. AOM is as much up in the air as Scenario Planner at present. It’s doubly difficult to do anything in Scenario Planner or use any Creators Club content at present.

6. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I doubt there are many PC players who are looking forward to AOM. We have nothing to gain and, apparently, quite a lot to lose with its implementation.

As far as Scenario Planner is concerned, until it incorporates pathing and consist editing, I'll continue to pass, I think.

• Like Like x 8
  7. antony.henley

Have noticed those problems as well with Scenario Planner and Add ons Manager. I cant even download my own scenarios and play them. The current implementation of Add ons manager needs to be halted on other platforms to be honest.

As another downside to AOM and CC:this problem with DTG Live this weekend has now pushed my boot up time for TSW 3 on the PS5 from just under 5 minutes to 20 minutes!!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. CrAzZyKiLLa

CrAzZyKiLLa Well-Known Member

Agreed, I would like to see improvements to both Livery designer and more so for scenario creator, its to restrive currently with the limited paths, start and stop points and inability to place static stock. I would also like to see custom weather and other features implemented to improve gameplay. I do hope this is a consideration for a big summer release some time so appropriate time and resources can be put into it. Alongside my personal wish of full manual firing for steam loco's!

9. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Unless we can import a route timetable and remove the ridiculous "game play" layers I personally wouldn't be using it.

That said I certainly would be interested in downloading others creations.

• Like Like x 1
  10. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

The scenario editor for Midland Mainline is one of the best with all platforms for Leicester-Nottingham-Derby available as well as Humberstone loop, Ratcliffe and lines to and from Toton so you can really make it busy and lifelike, that's what it should be as standard in my opinion.

• Like Like x 2
  11. antony.henley

Yes looking forward to do some scenarios with it at somepoint.
    Hopefully we may even get to see Toton at somepoint via this new update for MML.

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  12. sivn#4246

sivn#4246 Member

Toton yard would be a fantastic addition

13. antony.henley

Its there and you can get to it and have a look round but its not available in the normal way. But it looks great nonetheless. But would be great if we could go to and from the Yard.

Hentis

• Like Like x 2
  14. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

After discovering scenario planner late last night/early this morning I realised how limited it is. I mean it does the job for my diesel urge on Peak Forest but it just is so, so restricted and literally only allows an A-B run with a bit of AI.

• Like Like x 2
  15. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

It's not even as good as Quick Drive in TSC, where you can just set it to spawn AI trains rather than having to input yourself, using the limited start and finish points.

• Like Like x 3