Out Of Video Memory On Northen Trans-penny Dlc

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Gabe_1.0, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

I never thought the game would break but it did. Northen Trans-Penny, I love the industrialized route, very old school. Trouble is I can go as far as the tutorials, as soon as I had a try at a scenario the game booted me out saying its out of video memory trying to allocate a texture, whooa you guys got a BIG DLC here.....

Some of common action or info:
    I'm trying to recover RAM because currently i have a tottal of 16gb however only half of that is recognized. Out of ideas. Physical load, i managed to bring down from 85% to 35%. Graphics card is a gtx 950 by Nvidia. Processor gives me 3ghz max.

2. Gordon7000

Gordon7000 Active Member

How much Video RAM does your GTX 950 graphics card have?

3. Gabe_1.0

Virtual Memory is 2048 MB

4. Gordon7000

Gordon7000 Active Member

For TSW, I would suggest you need at least 4GB video RAM - although TS2019 can run with less.

VRAM is the amount of RAM stored on the graphics card itself, not on the motherboard.

Gordon

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  5. Gabe_1.0

Well it turns outs the dedicated video memory is 2048mb

6. Gabe_1.0

but the tottal avalible graphics memory is 5871mb

7. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

I don't think the game should have a problem with those specs, at least it shouldn't be crashing. Have you tried reinstalling the driver for the GPU?

If that's not resolved I highly suggest you send us a support ticket.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. Gordon7000

Gordon7000 Active Member

Yes, 2GB is borderline. It may work well with certain routes and scenarios, but some routes / scenarios may be too much for it. Can you put additional RAM on your graphics card - to bring it up to 3 or 4GB?

9. Gordon7000

Gordon7000 Active Member

You appear to be using shared memory if you've got over 5GB available. However, it would be better to have this amount of memory available on the graphics card itself - not shared between system RAM and the graphics card.

10. Gabe_1.0

I would have to go into the BIOS for that Gordon, wouldn't I ? I haven't tried doing that yet

11. Gabe_1.0

How can I have the memory avalible to the grpahics card not shared, it makes more sense

12. Gordon7000

Gordon7000 Active Member

The most efficient graphics cards are those that have sufficient dedicated memory for the task available, without depending on shared memory from system RAM. Graphics cards may have 2GB, 4GB or 6Gb dedicated memory on board, and these should work well for the tasks intended.

No, you don't need to do anything to the BIOS. All you need to do is put extra memory on the graphics card itself - if your card allows you to do this. If not, you might need to consider upgrading your graphics card to one with more dedicated memory (VRAM). I'm speaking as an electronics tech - but you may want to consider Dimitri suggestion of submitting a support ticket to DTG first.

Gordon

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. Gabe_1.0

Dmitri, it is likey I am going to try to send a support ticket in the upcoming days. Most recently I have been plauged with low memory warnings despite this not beeing true. Somewhere inside there is some drama in relation with memory and vram.

14. Gabe_1.0

Hello Gordon, as of late i have been plauged with low memory issues and it all started from the crash. Windowns task manager currentl reports physical memory load is at 68% when it should be 35% as right now im not running any games. So far i've spend a few hours today looking for solutions on google about this. Most said to go into msconfig and boot advanced options and set the memory max based on what I have going on. I found out that eventho i pressed ok and apply and ok again and reboot for this to change it didnt. When i checked in boot advanced options it was 0'ed again. Some said to leave the box unticked. Then another thing some people had sucess with is going to advanced system settings and then clicking on the settings button under performance, going to advanced tab and under virtual memory said to change to untick the auto manage box and introduce a custom size of initial an max size based on what I have going on. After I did that afirst it brought down the physical memory workload to 25% which iwas thrilled about. It didn't last long.

15. Gordon7000

Gordon7000 Active Member

Gabe, could you provide DTG support with a full list of your system specs? This will help their techs to advise you. I don't want to offer you further advice at the moment, as I'm sure DTG will be able to help. If the problem isn't resolved, come back here to the forum. There are other technically qualified / experienced people on this forum who would be able to advise, if I'm not here.

Gordon

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. Gabe_1.0

Gordon, I'm just back, sorry for the late reply. the PC litteraly shut down 2 days ago and would not boot up. I pulled the bios battery out and did a few checkdks. Doing a backup now to be safe. PC works ok for now. I will try DTG in about 1 day(s) time but I can post a list of system specs here to get an idea of what i'm working with. Uploaded with the updated comment on the topic is the system info that should cover the specs.

Attached Files:

17. Gordon7000

Gordon7000 Active Member

Many thanks for the system specs. I'll have a look through these but I won't comment on them before DTG support have had a chance to respond to this issue.

Gordon

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  19. Gabe_1.0

Hello Dmitri, a support ticket has been sent, my ticket id is Ticket ID #ITZ-558-94249

• Like Like x 1