Removed Steam Dlc Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blazin, Feb 13, 2023.

1. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

It's an upgraded model, and with other scenarios, I think the original DLC had scenarios for Castle Rock, the upgrade (which was given for free to original purchasers, IIRC) has scenarios for Marias Pass.
    Also, I think the Workshop versions of Castle Rock, Hedborough North and Seebergbahn install in separate locations, and don't have any scenarios

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

I've added the removed Arriva content to the list now. I also modified the "Still Available" system slightly. Still Available with an asterisk (*) next to it means that they can still be bought or downloaded however modified or missing something in some sort of way. For example a branded route, still available but without branding will be Still Available*. Another example, the loco is still available for purchase in another DLC or has been re-released, however no longer has the same scenarios it once had. Then it will be Still Available*

3. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

Great to hear, as I think you’ve got yourself a part time job here, keeping on top of it all!

• Like Like x 1
  4. e.leerentveld

e.leerentveld Member

20/12/2018 - TGV Réseau & TGV-RDuplex EMU Add-On - Dovetail Games - 896713

While no longer available through Steam, you can still purchase it over at Aerosoft for about 20 euros.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Same thought - actually what we need is a TSC/RailWorks wiki.

• Like Like x 2
  6. mindenjohn

mindenjohn Well-Known Member

Excellent idea (again) Torf.

7. triznya.andras

triznya.andras Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  8. triznya.andras

That's correct, it depends what you are looking for with these routes.
    I found that moving scenarios from their original folders makes them show up nicely. I only did that for Seebergbahn, running scenarios from the BR 151 and E18 packs just fine. (Warning: they are as dark and murky as it gets.) Of course I don't have the scenarios from the routes themselves. DTG might look aside if someone uploads them here or to the workshop. However, they might require certain packs which went extinct since, or otherwise clumsy to obtain.

Technically those three routes can still be obtained if someone finds a RW3 key. Occasionally people say they did.

I'd argue to just (re)produce scenarios for these workshop routes as the community finds suitable. The very original experience isn't there anyway, as the SD40 has been updated (visuals, sounds, driver position).

As for the Seebergbahn, there are even remasters on the workshop.

I know I'm steering very far, but I'd also say that Castle Rock is superseded by Soldier Summit, a combination of Cajon, Sherman and Donner. It's great to run a bit for historical curiosity but that's it. Besides, if you want the original experience, start by deleting RWE and AP weather. ;)

20200830105528_1.jpg 20200405200648 - FR - Autumn - BR 101, blue InterRegio.jpg 20220218211116 - BR 323 DB Red.jpg 20220218211711 - BR 151 DB Oceanblue-Beige, Wagon Box.jpg 20220219141951 - BR 294 DB Blue-Beige, Wagon Gondola-Eanos, Coach Silberling.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

• Like Like x 1
  10. eldomtom2

eldomtom2 Well-Known Member

Yes, Project Platform is Phorum Peninsula.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Castle Rock is based on the real life Joint Line that runs between Denver and Pueblo Colorado, maybe DTG should make that route a reality someday. Would technically count as a revamp of Castle Rock

• Like Like x 1
  12. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

All the three short fictional routes were based around actual locations. Seebergbahn is based on the line along Swiss lake Konstanz, Hedborough North is based on Immingham Docks IIRC

• Like Like x 1
  13. triznya.andras

Indeed, I did come across some pictures over the last years, almost accidentally:
    1987-07-10 - Santa Fe passes through Castle Rock, Colorado, over the Joint Line.jpg 2021-04-10 - BNSF 9088 on the Joint Line at the Santa Fe bridge in Larkspur.jpg 2021-04-11 - BNSF 5119 leads the Q train - near Castle Rock, Colorado.jpg 2021-04-20 - BNSF 5949 northbound on the Joint Line near Castle Rock, Colorado.jpg 2021-06-27 - BNSF 6104 with empties on the Joint Line in Louviers, Colorado.jpg
    It would make sense to reproduce, the one problem is that in real life it's single track, and without the industries.
    Ohio Steel 2 is similar, the author had a funny term in the manual (proto-fictional), it's completely real but includes segments removed by now, and several industries inflated, and it's also single track. I have some RJ Corman pictures, too, could be a nice addition.

14. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

I just found something really interesting!!
    Trains vs Zombies!!!

Railworks 3 Trains Vs Zombies DLC - Released on the 27th of October 2011. Developed by RailSimulator.com.
    Trains vs Zombies 1.jpg
    Trains Vs Zombies 2 - Release date unknown, first update to the DLC listed on the 4th of May, 2013. Developed by RailSimulator.com.
    Trains vs Zombies 2.jpg
    What were these DLC? Like special scenario packs for routes with halloween related scenarios? Or an entirely new route like the Christmas Routes (The Game of Gnomes and The Holiday Express) and the Halloween route (The Count of Monster Disco).

• Like Like x 1
  15. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

The latter

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. inversnecky

As long as the trains weren’t being driven backwards, because that would be a step too far :)

17. eldomtom2

eldomtom2 Well-Known Member

Technically new routes, but they were modified versions of Oxford-Paddington and New York-Philadelphia.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

I've added 5 more removed DLC to the list.

Locos
    Railworks BN SD40 Pack DLC, developed by RailSimulator.com and released on the 30th of April, 2010.
    Railworks BN SD40 Pack DLC.jpg
    Railworks ATSF Warbonnet DLC, developed by 3DTrains and released on the 23rd of April, 2010.
    Railworks ATSF Warbonnet DLC.jpg

Marketplace
    Railworks DT Wagon Pack 01 DLC, developed by Digital Traction and released on the 16th of April, 2010.
    Railworks DT Wagon Pack 01 DLC.jpg
    Railworks MJA Wagons DLC, developed by Oovee Entertaiment and released on the 23rd of April, 2010.
    Railworks MJA Wagons DLC.jpg
    Railworks German Wagon Pack, developed by RailSimulator.com and released on the 21st of May, 2010.
    Railworks German Wagon Pack.jpg

19. inversnecky

This was resurrected in an old thread:

3797E9D1-5B96-4318-A410-570461A6F347.jpeg

TGV® Réseau and RDuplex

• Like Like x 1
  20. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

The Oovee MJA pack, together with the TEA tanks pack, is now bundled with the separate Class 70 DLC. The 3DTrains' ATSF F-unit was probably retired as the Warbonnet livery was added to the default F-unit

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  21. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

The DT Wagon Pack 01 is still sold by DT, now merged with one of their other freight wagon packs I think.
    The DT 4MT Steam loco was also removed from steam, but is still sold directly by DT in a slightly upgraded version: https://digitaltraction.co.uk/mainsite/products/class-4mt-pack/
    Same with the GWR 1930s B-set, which is sold directly by DT, now bundled with a Siphon G which I don't think was included in the Steam pack: https://digitaltraction.co.uk/mainsite/products/gwr-1930s-b-set-siphon/
    The LMS 2P has been withdrawn from both Steam and DT direct sale, and taken over by Steam Sounds Supreme: https://www.steamsoundssupreme.com/page_lms2p01.html

Last edited: Feb 16, 2023
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  22. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

The original Class 158 pack came with scenarios not included in the new version.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  23. mindenjohn

mindenjohn Well-Known Member

Being re-vamped with a new cab. Useful little engine used on S&D, Port Road, Settle & Carlisle and (almost) everywhere on the old LMS as local passenger or double header loco.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

Do you know which wagon pack it is now merged with?

25. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

Thanks for bringing these removed DLC to my attention, they've been added to the list now.

Railworks 4MT Pack, developed by RailSimulator.com and released on the 20th of August, 2010.
    Railworks 4MT Pack.jpg
    Railworks 2Ppack, developed by Digital Traction and released on the 8th of October, 2010.
    Railworks 2Ppack.jpg

26. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  27. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

It definately was by DT

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  28. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 17, 2023
  29. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

Here's 5 more removed DLC added to the list.

Locos
    Railworks BNSF Dash9 Pack, developed by RailSimulator.com and released on the 26th of July, 2012. I assume it was re-released on the Steam Store as the BNSF Dash 9 Loco Add-On.
    Railworks BNSF Dash9 Pack.jpg
    Railworks Class 101 Pack, developed by RailSimulator.com and released on the 4th of June, 2010. Seems to have been re-released on the Steam Store as the BR Class 101 DMU Add-On however without the Network SouthEast livery.
    Railworks Class 101 Pack.jpg
    Railworks GR Class 143 Pack, developed by German Railroads and released on the 11th of June, 2010. I'm curious about this one as the same livery is featured on the BR143 DBAG Red locomotive's icon where it has a career and standard scenario for the Ruhr-Sieg route, and a standard scenario for the Cologne-Dusseldorf route. However of course when you load up the locomotive in those scenarios it is not in this livery.
    Railworks GR Class 143 Pack.jpg
    Railworks LightPacific Pack, developed by RailSimulator.com and released on the 23rd of July, 2010. I'm interested about this one because compared to some of the other removed DLC, I have never heard or seen this one before and it has never seem to have resurfaced in another DLC or route compared to other older DLC for the game.
    Railworks LightPacific Pack.jpg

Marketplace
    Railworks CN Scenario Pack01, developed by RailSimulator.com and released on the 30th of July 2010. Looks like it has scenarios for the CN ES44AC and CN SD40 and it's good we get to see what these removed locomotives look like now.
    Railworks CN Scenario Pack01.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  30. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

All the German Railroads addons (except the ones made part of the core RW2) were withdrawn when German Railroads was dissolved. This also included early versions of the ICE-1, among others. Most if not all have been rereleased by German Railroads' successor Virtual Railroads (vr).

• Like Like x 2
  31. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

The Light Pacific was re-released with new scenarios, but maybe only for existing owners... If it was re-released for ordinary sale I guess it was withdrawn when the Just Trains Bulleid Rebuilt Light Pacific was released on Steam

• Like Like x 1
  32. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

Added 5 more today!

LOCOS
    Railworks Class57, developed by Oovee Entertainment and released on the 31st of August, 2012. I'm pretty sure this was re-released on the Steam Store as the Freightliner Class 57/0 Loco Add-On.
    Railworks Class57.jpg
    Railworks BigBoyPack, developed by RailSimulator.com and released on the 20th of May, 2011. I'm pretty sure this was re-released as the Union Pacific Big Boy Loco Add-On.
    Railworks BigBoyPack.jpg

MARKETPLACE
    Railworks BonusScenario01 Cotswold Line, developed by RailSimulator.com and released on the 28th of August, 2010. It was sold as free I'm pretty sure!
    Railworks BonusScenario01 Cotswold Line.jpg
    Railworks BigBoyPackCS, developed by RailSimulator.com and released on the 3rd of September, 2010. This release date probably means the release date of the Railworks BigBoyPack is wrong, as this scenario DLC is for that pack but it states this came almost a year before the Railworks BigBoyPack was released.
    Railworks BigBoyPackCS.jpg
    Railworks Up the Junction Add-On, developed by RailSimulator.com and released on the 10th of September, 2010. I'm not exactly sure what this was. I assume it was either a scenario pack or route but for now I've put it in the marketplace section.
    Railworks Up the Junction Add-On.jpg

33. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

The Empire Builder P42DC is a different model than the P42DC included with Miami-WPB? The latter is really ugly.

34. triznya.andras

Yes. I didn't dissect the differences myself but people generally argued the Miami version is based on the Metro-North P32AC-DM.
    Also, the standalone pack comes with Phase 3 as well.

It's fairly common, that's how I came to the conclusion that DTG would fairly often update release dates. At least for a while, before 2012.
    On top of all original routes being dated to 2012, the Cab Forward was released for Donner v1 well before the current date shown on Donner v2.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2023
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  35. Doomotron

I believe I explained earlier on. It's mainly a loco pack including a selection of 08-like shunters, including the Class 08, 09, 11, 13 (the cow and calf units), Victorian Railways F Class (DTG's only Australian train), Dutch Class 11 (DTG's only Dutch train), and the Hopetown route, a small Australian shunting route. Also has scenarios for the previously default routes. This was a very good pack that I am annoyed even now was withdrawn.

• Like Like x 2
  36. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

That's fascinating!! I would've loved to own that, it would've been awesome to own the Class 11 and Class 13 especially because I am a fan of unusual locomotives like that. Would've been even better to also own an Australian route and loco too, I have been wanting Australian content for the game for a long time now and I can't believe it did exist at one point, but was removed.

37. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

yeah i noticed you like unusual trains you have that 32X on your DP pic (me hides the voyager on mine :P) lol

• Like Like x 1
  38. Johnno124

Johnno124 Active Member

THERE WAS A DONK ONCE!!!!!!. i am now pissed that they removed it.

39. Supertone

Supertone New Member

I think this is a great idea and have been searching around for a long time now for old DLC and game version covers etc. and making lists of what came with each edition and folders of boxart etc. Rail Simulator is easy to see what came with it because the game is on the disc and doesn't auto update, but unfortunately because of the way Railworks works with the game not being on the disc, just an unlock and portal to Steam, there's no way to find out exactly what came with each game and how it looked now unless somebody recorded it at the time it was out. I keep seeing Cajon Pass mentioned, but in the begining it had a different name - Barstow to San Bernadino - just like the other four original routes did and they were all renamed for TS2013 when the (better!) Railworks name was dropped. Here are pix from my (with JT expansion) UK RS, with US RS, RW, RW2, and RW3TS2012 from the web. Also it looks like they swapped Newcastle to York for Barstow to San Bernadino in the US RS version in that web picture...Does anyone have the German Edition that could do a 'Routes' screen? View attachment 118047 Rail Simulator UK -  with JT expansion - Route Select - mine.png Rail Simulator US Route Select - from web.jpg RW2 Barstow-SB Loading Screen - from Web.jpg RW3TS2013 Route Select Screen - from YouTube.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 20, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  40. Supertone

Supertone New Member

The Billionaire Benefactor scenario is for the earlier Iron Horse House Big Boy, not the later RSC one, that's why the date was puzzling you.

Last edited: May 20, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  41. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

Thank you for that information, I will have to continue updating this list some time as it isn't complete yet and I haven't touched it in a while unfortunately.

42. Doomotron

I didn't realise IHH made one... Is the DTG one the former IHH one?

43. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

IIRC didn’t DTG get the IHH catalogue when they closed up shop ???
    I may be wrong and happy to be corrected

44. Doomotron

That is how it happened. Checking on SteamDB the original Big Boy's developer was RSC, not IHH, so unless there's more to this I don't know what to make of it.

45. Doomotron

I know it's been a while since your post but I thought I'd add some clarification. The Class 101 pack was a large pack with different liveries. The Steam page (available here) lists:
    "7 Unique vehicles:
    • Driving Motor Brake Standard
    • Driving Motor Composite Lavatory
    • Driving Trailer Composite Lavatory
    • Trailer Composite Lavatory
    • Trailer Standard Lavatory
    • Trailer Brake Standard Lavatory
    • Trailer Standard Lavatory Restaurant/Buffer
    6 unique Liveries:
    • British Rail Green
    • British Rail Green with warning panel
    • British Rail Blue
    • British Rail White & Blue Stripe
    • British Rail Blue & Grey
    • Network South East
    • Regional Railways"
    Alongside other packs from this time, DTG replaced them with smaller packs with few to no upgrades. The same applied to the RSDL Class 66, which came with EWS, Freightliner, Malcolm, MRCE, RSC Grey (a fictional livery replacing the much nicer RSDL red livery included with the Rail Simulator version). This was replaced with the Class 66 v2.0 packs, which were much better and a completely new model, but again weren't as good value for money. For a taster of what the original RSDL 66 was like, try the 66 with Settle to Carlisle.

The RSDL Class 08 pack had a different fate however. The RSDL pack had much more variety than the EWS/Freightliner one, including First Great Western and Network Southeast as liveries among many others, but unlike the Class 66 most of the liveries were rereleased as Marketplace reskins for the EWS Class 08.
    This livery is in the game, but like the DB red one is broken and is therefore not worth playing. Virtual Railroads' BR143 is based on the same model I believe but is functionally better, as is DTG's new BR143 that comes with Inselbahn. This seems like a new model and seems to take scripting and sounds from the excellent BR155 but I'm not certain.

46. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

I only remember that as i craved a class 303 and IHH done one and it appeared on steam.

47. Doomotron

IHH didn't release a Class 303 on Steam either. They did make one though, and I believe the DTG 303 is based on the IHH model.

48. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

It is. Supposedly so is the DTG Class 73, and the DTG aircon Mk2s

49. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

they released there own 303 which is the IHH model if you read the description of it on steam let me copy paste it for you.

“The BR Class 303 for Train Simulator is a former Iron Horse House model, which has been updated to Train Simulator standard, including new scenarios and improved exterior modelling, and is available in Strathclyde Partnership for Transport orange and black livery.”

it got upgraded by DTG but still the IHH version

50. Doomotron

Yep, although IHH released multiple versions of the 73. They made a weird Gatwick Express pack which had dark blue instead of black, but also regular versions. All of them were terrible, however, rather like most of the things they released.
    I said IHH themselves never released it on Steam, not that IHH never made a Class 303.

Last edited: May 22, 2023