Road Map Train Sim World Roadmap - May 2023

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by dtg_jan, May 2, 2023.

1. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

It won't be TSW4. Its most likely the mid refresh. As Iterations have been every two years.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. WVUadam

Nice to see DTG have returned development indicator's for the roadmap
    Also interesting is each indicators content timeframe.
    Next arrival being withing a month
    In development 1-3 months
    Planning 3-9 months.
    Red light no ETA
    On Going: not sure on timeframe.

Seems there's been quite a delay with the HST.

• Like Like x 1
  3. WVUadam

I doubt it would be TSW4 when in previous years it's been a themed update . TSW Iterations have been every 2 years.

4. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Do we need a TSW4? Think DTG should continue along the ways of Train Simulator Classic and not have a specific year or edition number for TSW.

• Like Like x 2
  5. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

Depends what changes they wanna do. It is smart to make a 'new' game every 2 years like they're doing it. Otherwise you'll end up like TSC...

• Like Like x 1
  6. owenroser19

owenroser19 Well-Known Member

But they can make a quick buck if they sell the same game again and again. I’m sure that’s the entire point.

7. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

The point I am making is, do we need to call the next version TSW4, then TSW5 and so on.

Keep TSW and every year have a new version. Like DTG have done with TSC. Still having a new version but as an update. I personally don’t think we need to call the next TSW release TSW4!!!

DTG can still make financial gain from it by changing the same for the update as a game release!

8. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Subscription service would be a big no and a turn off for many players whether it's only for mp and/or singleplayer content. Those who can afford it would get all the benefits while those who don't will get nothing or almost nothing.

Trainz has a subscription service. Those who have a ticket can download everything they want at high download speeds and can use the surveyor and building tools in trs22. While those who don't, a single download can take hours and days and they can't use the new tools. This sort of thing doesn't work for tsw.

Last edited: May 10, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  9. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

I'd have to check with DTG Matt on these. I'd imagine we'll start to review applicants next week. We may keep the form open though in the meantime as it'd be great to have a bank of keen players.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

The buy it outright version of TRS22 still gives you Surveyor, just not the "beta" 2,0 version which is only for suscription users. Full version is still an eye watering £55 on Steam, hoping it drops in one of the remaining sales this year.

• Like Like x 2
  11. stimp#5938

stimp#5938 Well-Known Member

Hey dtg_jan and or DTG Matt so where’s an update on the Dresden Commuter achievement/trophy. You know the one that’s been broken for at least 20 months now? 20 months!

• Like Like x 1
  12. whitey#4272

whitey#4272 Active Member

DTG, nice gesture on the free LGV but how about a different free DLC for all your customers who already own it?

I appreciate the new French owner aspect but wouldn't a choice would be an even better gesture?

• Like Like x 2
  13. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

unrealistic in the sense of routes sell at varying amounts of sales numbers, meaning a route such as LGV may have made up with profit it’s construction costs, whereas another may not have done.

It would also increase the amount of giveaways which would result in lower profit overall

In the case this actually happened, it would also need a way of granting everyone 1 free pass to use without using more than 1 and ensuring it worked on all content up to the value of £24.99

anyways I don’t think this was about some kind of reward for continued customers but either a demonstration of the French ownership or attracting new players with offers

• Like Like x 3
  14. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

You are mistaking the intent here. You must be thinking that DTG were thinking about rewarding their loyal customers. In fact, they were thinking how to make it seem like they are thinking about rewarding their loyal customers, while not losing too much possible revenue.

• Like Like x 2
  15. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

I agree with your comment “nice gesture on the free LGV but how about a different free DLC for all your customers who already own it?”

Something new produced like Holiday Express or a new expansion pack, that both loyal and new customers would benefit from, would IMO have been a better giveaway.

For those you haven’t purchased the software offered for TSW and TSC, it’s a lovely gesture from Focus and DTG to provide them for free and you can install them on May 26th for a week.

• Like Like x 1
  16. ApollonJustice

ApollonJustice Well-Known Member

Those, who already own LGV could choose another route with same value which they don*t own yet. That would be fair.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Folup1372#8582

Folup1372#8582 Well-Known Member

What trains will Layer on the Glossop Line?
    Is the sounds on the class 700 on ap? or dtg implemented?, im talking about ac and dc

18. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

I feel that would create an almighty administration problem. The fair way is to release something for everyone. Just Trains do this at Christmas.

I can see the logic of the LGV as Focus are a french company, but surely a new French locomotive would have benefited everyone.

Last edited: May 14, 2023
    • Like Like x 5
  19. ApollonJustice

You're right. Didn't have that on screen.

20. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Perhaps the best option is for DTG to admit they made an error of judgement and just withdraw the free LGV route? I have to admit I'm thoroughly fed up reading all the whinging posts that frankly have very little to do with the May roadmap.

• Like Like x 5
  21. AtherianKing

would me in my opinion a bad “PR” mistake to make

It wouldn’t be good for a company to issue notice/promise of free ware then turn back as others are in disagreement in how it came about.

it’s best to just acknowledge this wasn’t about giveaways designed for every customer, and try to do something what brings in and effects a wider audience next time around.

22. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

Can everyone can it with complaining about the free DLC? You should all be named and shamed on the “Choosing Beggars” subreddit. It’s embarrassing.

• Like Like x 6
  23. countcussy

countcussy Well-Known Member

Its what this forum has become, although to be fair, it's not just this forum. Yet another thread dragged miles off topic, by people with their own agenda.

• Like Like x 4
  24. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

It was mentioned in the last road map stream that you was sorting out a dev update mid month possibly to start this month or perhaps next?

I think we can assume that this wont be happening this month, but is this still on the cards for next month?

• Like Like x 1
  25. ApollonJustice

I don't have any problems with it, that I already own LGV. Those who don't can use this opportunity if they want. I don't feel disadvantaged by that. After the release of the addons manager I bought every missing DLC, no matter if the was a discount or not.

• Like Like x 5
  26. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

I dont get the sense of entitlement with the whole "Ive brought X at A price, so its unfair if Y gets it for free". We've chosen to purchase at the price offered at the time of purchase, knowing that they'll always be sales or further promotions down the line (pun intended). Whether thats a freebie or 70% off etc, I think I picked up LGV for 50% off some 18-24 months and Ive enjoyed it.

Its not like its a new release and within weeks gone to 100% off is it.

Did the same people complain that they brought TSW2 on Steam only to find epic giving it away a few months down the road?

• Like Like x 11
  27. darkwarrior#2896

darkwarrior#2896 Well-Known Member

What if DTG had extension add-on idea that includes (Dover High Bridge and North Jersey Coast Line) for NEC New York to Trenton

28. darkwarrior#2896

If a new TSW title comes out every 2 years they shouldn't have current players purchase a new title again (This would only be for current players only) new players would have to pay

29. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

On Railsim he said that the model itself is almost complete, but the sounds aren’t done completely and the physics are being worked on again; I would guess it won’t be out until at leash autumn :/

30. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Would love to see a TSW3 heritage railway pack to include Severn Valley. Bluebell and KWVR. Happy to pay £40 and maybe same as a deluxe edition with a German and US heritage route added for £50. Then who needs TSW4.

Also one year they could issue a GWR pack to include all the extension routes like to Henley, to Marlow and to Windsor.

• Like Like x 2
  31. darkwarrior#2896

I think TSW 4 will happen sometime down the line.

32. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

Next year yes. This year will most likely be another huge core upgrade (like Rush Hour was)!
    2024 = TSW4 :D

• Like Like x 3
  33. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

No point in having TSW4 until TSW3 is running completely satisfactorily without any bugs etc and the way it is at present, it’s going to take sometime before DTG are going to change the operational frontage again. Stick with three, once it’s working correctly and issue route bundles like Rush Hour. No need to have TSW4, if three is working well, as it will just produce fresh problems and headaches for DTG in the long run, like we have now. TSW3 has a great interface with the Training Centre etc., so why change it all again.

• Like Like x 3
  34. eldomtom2

eldomtom2 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  35. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Well we thought that's what they were doing with the "pause" last year, when in fact all the time they were working on 3.

• Like Like x 5
  36. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Yes, if TSW4 comes at some point next year, there will likely still be issues to be addressed in the current iteration. We'll probably be going through the same waiting- it- out charade we're experiencing now with the TSW2 fixes, which most of us think is vaporware at this point.

• Like Like x 4
  37. AtherianKing

Only 2 year gap periods before a whole iteration is essentially abandoned, seems way to quick to me, it seems more reasonable to be more 3-4 years.

38. darkwarrior#2896

1. What could the core upgrade bring to TSW-3?
    2. If we got another rush hour pack what? (Routes and the featured) would players like to see!
    3. Could DTG Have a Major Update to lIvery Designer and Scenario Planner?

• Like Like x 1
  39. Daytona

Daytona Active Member

June Roadmap
    Can we have an explanation about the stop markers being positioned behind behind red signals ?
    Given the fact that they haven't simply been moved in front of the signal, is there some other issue ?

Is TSW2 still supported ?
    Are bug fixes still being applied to TSW2 first ?

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  40. darkwarrior#2896

TSW 3 Only

41. darkwarrior#2896

being free is not always bad