Class 37 Europhenix, Short But Sweet

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Doomotron, May 22, 2023.

1. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I decided to buy the Class 37 in the sale for the white Class 375 livery. Not only is the Class 37 badly modelled and textured, the Class 375 can't be driven in timetable mode and is horribly textured inside.
    20230522205058_1.jpg
    Mmm, look at that beautiful texture. During the time the Class 375s were being refurbished, the interior had the current moquette so I don't see why they changed it. It went from a bad texture to a hilariously bad one. They didn't touch the cab at all, and the whole DLC seems to have been made in a rush with little to no effort put into it. Refunded within ten minutes.

• Like Like x 4
  2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

For me, the 375 was able to be selectable in timetable mode. The cab wasn't changed since that would have made it a whole different locomotive. It is a gameplay pack rather than a loco pack where the smallest details would be modeled.

3. Thelonius16

Thelonius16 Well-Known Member

I drove the white 375 in timetable mode yesterday.

4. Bravo2six

Bravo2six Well-Known Member

Firstly.... wrong?

And secondly... also wrong.
    The white 375 is in timetable mode... i know because I used it yesterday.
    It also appears in AI services too.

5. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I don't think the class 37 is badly modelled, personally. For the cost it is good value and adds something new to SEHS which is doing very well from DLC and it is usable on MML too.

• Like Like x 1
  6. pogodoyle#7387

pogodoyle#7387 Well-Known Member

Probably been mentioned before, but I've only just bought this DLC in the sale... wondering what's happened to the 37's nameplates? Seems a bit of an oversight, all the ROG 37s have names. This one ought to be "Cassiopeia"? I noticed 884 is stabled at LR too, and it's missing its "Cepheus" plates. Booo.

7. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

I find this strange as they managed to get plates on the Jubilees.

8. MarkCovz4761

MarkCovz4761 Well-Known Member

I've managed to use the white 375 in timetable mode I used it yesterday

9. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

Mine also appears in timetable mode, randomly substitutes on Class 375 services and is player selectable. The Class 375 interior is also correct as the seat moquette was updated with the livery refresh as each unit went for refurbishment.

My only bug bearer with the Class 375 livery is the unit numbers on the cab fronts do not look correct, they are slightly offset to one side with too bold a font.

10. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

For me on XSX the class 37/7 has low res texture quality especially when you go the read the class info box externally.

Also on the old 375 livery the inside cab has very low texture quality at times.

11. Doomotron

It being a 'gameplay' pack does not justify schoolboy errors.
    Must have been a glitch then. Still, it's refunded now and deleted from my SSD, and it won't change my opinion on the pack.
    Rubbish. The model of the Class 37 in TSW is incorrectly in the front. Bad model. It's especially noticeable on the Tees Valley and West Cornwall ones; the yellow panel on the Europheonix one doesn't wrap around the side, making it harder to see the issue with the modelling. Additionally, there are reports of the GSMR panel being on the wrong side of the cab but I don't have any photo evidence of my own to back that up. I can say however the Class 37 is too clean inside and out, as if the train is brand new from English Electric. Not even preserved units are as tidy as it is in TSW.
    No, it is completely wrong. The seat moquette was never changed with the refurbishment, there was a separate refresh several years earlier which changed it from the old SET-era moquette. Even if that refresh never happened and they really did keep the SET moquette until the mid-life refurbishment, it would still be wrong as the carpets in first class are incorrect and the textures are low resolution and don't even seem to be based on the same design.
    Hastings_line_train_interior.jpg
    Compare to the screenshots above. Yes, I know it's a different subclass but the moquette was the same.
    15261116092_fd8d7eb5d9_b.jpg
    Here is the first class from the era of that refresh I mentioned. Notice the new moquette, new antimacassars with the orange handrails and highlights, different ad panels, and short-lived first class carpet (the carpet was unchanged in standard). I am very familiar with Class 375s, and since DTG is based in Chatham I'm shocked DTG aren't.

• Like Like x 1
  12. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

The Class 375 are my local trains and from what I remember the interior refurbishment coincided with the updated livery. At least with the /3 subclass on the Medway Valley Line, only those units which had the new livery also had the new interior. Those still in yellow/white livery had the old style moquette with orange grab rails. I never recall being on an old livery unit with the new interior, if there were any.

For the sake of variety I'm just glad DTG implemented a different interior, even if not 100% accurate.

13. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The Jubilees were the first DTG locos to have nameplates. None of their diesels do (although there are, of course, mods)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

I feel like this is incorrect. The Class 52 from the Diesel Legends pack has name plates, doesn’t it?

• Like Like x 5
  15. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Even Rivet managed name plates on the Arosa locos. To be in 2023 on TSW3 and to not have named locos (for someone who keeps a manual log of all locos driven including names where applicable) is unacceptable.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

The 47's on WSR have plates, well one does. The 52 dlc prior to Diesel Legends had plates.
    But I do find it strange, that named loco's are rarity. There are so many 47's that would have carried names at the time on NTP that are missing in game, not the loco just the associated name.
    Similarly on TVL, thornaby had a good allocation of named 37's that are missing. Not to mention the odd 20 and 31 that carried plates at the time.

Using a named example or named ai could have been a random event, an Easter egg if you like.

• Like Like x 1
  17. tft#6439

tft#6439 Well-Known Member

But the thing is, back when the drags first started they have the current represented in-game livery but then at the end they started to get nameplates. So actually it was true to life.

18. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Many or most of the Gronks had nameplates IRL too

• Like Like x 1
  19. tft#6439

tft#6439 Well-Known Member

At the time they didn't have plates until the end of the drags.

• Like Like x 1
  20. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

I was talking more generally in the game but thanks for the info anyway mate. Reading back I realise I didn't really put it across very clearly at all!

• Like Like x 1
  21. pogodoyle#7387

Yup, good point, they’re all there

22. pogodoyle#7387

TBH most of them didn’t in my day (early 80s) -unofficial depot names started appearing on the Longsight gronks IIRC (like on the TSC Woodhead Blue DLC) -there was one on the WR I think (08 600? RG? Can’t remember now!) - after that I’d drifted off for a couple of decades or so and stopped logging stuff, although I do remember being regularly surprised/impressed seeing 08s with actual cast plates. “They’ll name anything these days” was my usual thought :)

Last edited: May 23, 2023
  23. Doomotron

They have to get licensing for the plates in many cases, which is why many are missing.

24. pogodoyle#7387

Weird. I can imagine that trademarks and public bodies might have red tape associated with them, but constellations…? Anyhow, it’s not a major problem, just a bit lame (in my opinion) of them to miss the names if the locos carry them IRL. :)

25. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Some of the preserved Westerns in the Western pack for WSR don't have nameplates and some do. I wish personally they had just included the ones where they were allowed to show the nameplate as personally a Western without a nameplate looks very odd!

• Like Like x 2
  26. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

They actually do have name plates and there is a list of the names for them somewhere on the forums

• Like Like x 1
  27. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Most Schoolboys aren't quite capable of modeling and simulating a train in nearly as much detail.

• Like Like x 1