Roblox British Railways

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by bjh#9597, May 23, 2023.

1. bjh#9597

bjh#9597 New Member

As a big fan of all the TS iterations since MSTS and recently Stepford County for years, just moved over to British Railways - have to say DTG you need to get this sorted out - the next train simulator that can fully implement multiplayer like Roblox into a highly detailed real world train sim is going to win out and the others will be swept away. Matt - hope you are watching roblox

• Like Like x 1
  2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Misleading title first of all. Second is that you're being extreme. Tsw isn't going to get wiped out because there is no multiplayer. Not every single game requires multiplayer to survive and there have been successful games without mp.

• Like Like x 10
  3. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

TSW would literally have to be overhauled from pretty much the ground up to have multiplayer.

It doesn't need multiplayer either. And just because Roblox (which nowhere near as detailed or authentic as TSW, no matter what game you pick) isn't a valid comparison.

P.S. - Saying you like SCR basically takes all form of credibility from any statement you make, just saying.

• Like Like x 5
  4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Any game that implements a multiplayer is likely to reduce some peoples patronage of that game, especially if it's a requirement of playing that game
    Too many idiots, too many with bad connections and too many who just want to ruin the experience for others.

• Like Like x 13
  5. Javelin

Javelin Well-Known Member

Honestly I don't think tsw has anything to worry about as far as Roblox is concerned, besides multiplayer (which as others have already pointed out is not necessary anyway) tsw is leaps and bounds ahead of Roblox.

• Like Like x 5
  6. 43050

43050 Well-Known Member

I agree with what everyone else has said so far, I don’t think TSW needs multiplayer

7. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Multiplayer certainly isn't anything I am desparate to see.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

In a perfect world, where every player is a responsible and civil adult, multiplayer might have a chance.

In the world as we know it, multiplayer would lead to chaos and threaten the future of our game.

And anyone who thinks it would not have a harmful effect on single players is dreaming.

Last edited: May 24, 2023
    • Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. trainsimplayer

Not everyone who plays a game that's rated E for Everyone will be an adult.
    I first started playing Train Sim Classic when I was 6 or 7.

10. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

True. Like many others here, I started playing with trains when I was still in diapers.

Many decades later, still playing with trains ( see my avatar ), friends and family frequently ask me: " When are you ever going to grow up? ". :D

Back to the subject at hand. Let's say: " players who act responsibly and civilly. "
    Though my point still stands.

• Like Like x 2
  11. R3DWolf91

R3DWolf91 Well-Known Member

This... I typically avoid multiplayer games because unless I'm playing with close friends and family I usually prefer to avoid the riff raff

12. tft#6439

tft#6439 Well-Known Member

As cool as multiplayer would be, like ARuscoe said you'd get idiots like that and likely not great fps. Think about it if one is one side of the map snd the other player on the other that'd be 2 portions of the map loaded st once and tsw can't handle one area at the best of times.

Last edited: May 25, 2023
  13. bjh#9597

bjh#9597 New Member

Maybe before you make a judgement, I think you need to have a look at Roblox British Railways or SCR and experience the actual gameplay (yes I am very aware the detail is not yet there - I was enjoying MSTS when it looked worse than Roblox, it is the possibilty of a realistic simulation experience) before posting these opinions - also maybe try looking at how GTA and Flight Simulator have developed. The writing is on the wall IMO and if it is not by DTG then they will fall by the wayside like so many other games franchises, which would be a shame as I have spent a lot on DLC!!

14. bjh#9597

bjh#9597 New Member

Just saying - I would re think your above statement on SCR - this simulator has one of the most advanced training and accreditation schemes I have ever seem in a simulator, this alone deserves some respect.

15. bjh#9597

bjh#9597 New Member

16. SprattyHeath

SprattyHeath Well-Known Member

Can we stop making comparisons to some roblox game targeted at 13 year olds, to a professionally developed simulator using an actual industry standard program please?

Thank you

Last edited: May 26, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  17. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

It's misleading b/c it sounds like you want the game in tsw and not being tsw3 related. If you want mp just say so in the title and list the game you're comparing it to in the text instead of putting the actual game title in the title of your thread. Also can't really compare 2 very different games to each other.

18. Javelin

I have played Scr, Gcr and British Railways on Roblox numerous times and after all of those experiences if I am certain of one thing it's this: Tsw has absolutely nothing to worry about.

• Like Like x 3
  19. bjh#9597

bjh#9597 New Member

OK - no worries, I do have to chuckle at some of the comments, you do know that we are doing exactly the same thing as most of these excellent people who are playing on Roblox don't you - we are just paying a bit more for it.

• Like Like x 1
  20. SprattyHeath

SprattyHeath Well-Known Member

This is just not true at all, you're comparing apples to pears.

21. trainsimplayer

Lol.

It's been ages since I did an SCR training (I'm not 13 anymore...), however from memory it's just:

TD -
    Answer Basic Questions
    Drive from here to there
    You're good

DS -
    Answer Basic Questions
    Dispatch 2 trains (one guarded, one not)

GD -
    Answer Basic Questions
    Guard at one station with a DS, one without.

SG -
    Don't get banned from the discord

Simple as. Also, considering that DS / GD are the only (remotely) accurate roles in SCR, it's a non-comparison.

I know I said referencing SCR makes you lose credibility, in a tongue-in-cheek way, but now you're just making yourself look silly!

• Like Like x 1
  22. Javelin

British Railways: Clunky control system.

Scr: Absolute lag fest with timetables that are almost impossible to stick too.

Gcr: Takes an age to load and when it does finally load it crashes back to the home screen and it's been that way for months now.

Conclusion: As I've already stated, tsw has absolutely nothing to worry about.

23. ARuscoe

I've been playing mutliplayer games since the late 90s, on "shared console", home network and then internetwork versions

There are some games which lend themselves to multiplayer such as racing games, games which require cooperation or opposition or where you can do the same thing simultaneously within the view or action of the other player. GTA may be an example of this where you're playing two people within the same area and you can work cooperatively to benefit or against each other for detriment and that's part of the game. Obviously in driving games, shoot em ups, fighting etc the interaction is obvious
    but then you have the negative aspects. One example would be World of Warcraft when you would have a high level player corpse camping a lower level player. No benefit to the camper as they get no points, kit or honour, so the only reason is to be a git

So how does this apply to trains? If you're both driving trains the only time there would be any interaction is if one player is in front of the other, so the first person drives normally, the second is at a danger aspect or chasing yellows. This would only really work if they're both ending at the same place and the first player drives appropriately (else it's just annoying). Other than this you shoot one way, they shoot the other. There's no interactivity.

So what else could there be for interactivity. Maybe shunting and switch control...
    Some people would say "guard mode", so apply this to the IC125 on GWE. The Guard would open and close the doors in Paddington, sit for ten to fifteen minutes not doing anything, open the doors at maybe Slough or Maidenhead, close them again, sit again. Open the doors at Reading. That's hardly stimulating game play for me. Even if there were more stops it's still basically push a button, wait a minute, push another button. Sit down
    Unless we had passenger interaction and variation in that interaction the person playing guard has no gameplay

And if the interaction is signalling... This has been recently proven in one of the newer train sims (cant remember the name off the top of my head) where the signaller got 90 minutes behind on dispatch... That means it must have been failing for hours to get to that point. Why would I want to sit there on a computer not doing anything for up to 2 hours waiting for someone who doesn't know what they're doing to do what they need to do so I can then do something?

• Like Like x 2
  24. bjh#9597

bjh#9597 New Member

Thankyou for your reply - but can you list another accessible vehicle simulator that has more community led training than SCR?

25. trainsimplayer

Can you list one with a worse driving experience? You're comparing apples to fish, not even oranges.

26. bjh#9597

bjh#9597 New Member

I think the sort idea would be that you open the simulator to passengers (already sort of implemented in TSW) and then have a model where the drivers will pay - I guess they would like this as this could possibly then lead into running schedules for a train operating company as in real life, in a well detailed simulator this could prove popular for passengers who may then wish to pay the money to purchase the full version of the sim or routes / vehicles etc and become a driver. Which would improve sales of the main sim.

27. bjh#9597

bjh#9597 New Member

I quite enjoyed British Railway once I had changed the key assignments to similar to TSW, Roblox tends to be quite processor heavy rather than graphics card, it works ok on my system, pretty smooth. Trainz was worse

28. ARuscoe

Sorry, I am not interested in some sort of tycoon game, we already have that on PC in Cities Skylines, Transport fever, Train Life etc

If I want to schedule trains I'll go get SimSig or Rail Route and undertake signalling or routing as a signaller would. No real reason to interact with others there either.

I don't want to BE a passenger. I have zero desire to sit as an avatar in a digital train in a digital world which isn't realistic anyway to digitally travel from one digital city to another, no matter who is driving. I don't know what the proposed gameplay element is here or what these people are "paying for".

It sounds to me like this removes TSW from being a game / sim about driving and controlling trains in a digital world based on reality, to that tycoon type game, but not sure how that works in a train environment where the drivers don't choose what trains they drive, where from or to, when or very much else. Those things are done by others

29. bjh#9597

bjh#9597 New Member

OK no worries mate

30. trainsimplayer

Okay, firstly, you changed from talking about SCR to British Railway - so you're just trying to wiggle your way into making a somewhat coherent arguement.
    Secondly, I was talking the driving experience - not how the game runs.

SCR's Acceleration/Deceleration is literally made for children, you can go 0-100 in a matter of a few seconds, in any train.

GCR & British Railway aren't terrible for it, but it's still fairly clunky control wise, and GCR's trains speed up a bit too fast.

Roblox is not, never has been, and never will be, comparable with TSW. You're making an arguement based on utter nonsense.

31. bjh#9597

bjh#9597 New Member

OK thankyou

32. ARuscoe

I think in essence the experience you're talking about is NOT the experience players of this game want
    Rather than it being a "game" we want it as close to a real life experience as possible
    Kind of like Gran Turismo but without the money or upgrade requirements...

We don't WANT people to mess with the driving experience. We might want some delays or diversions, but that should be as it is in real life and not because some numpty decides they want to make some people irate
    Many also don't want experiences like passenger mode where there's little to do. Some people do but from my reading of it many don't. I could be wrong but doubt that

• Like Like x 1
  33. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

TSW offers passenger mode anyway. I use it sometimes.

• Like Like x 2
  34. 43050

43050 Well-Known Member

Going back a little you mentioned Flight Simulator, (for most) the multiplayer works because you can fly anywhere with a different “mission” and not on a single line.
    The two most enjoyable ways to do this is via VATSIM where air traffic controllers assist like in the real world, they have to go through training to be controllers and pilots have to be professional and have a very good knowledge of the procedures and their aircraft. The other is in a local multiplayer where you can fly in formation, aerobatics, dogfighting etc with your friends / organized group

The everyone free for all is probably popular with some also.
    But trains run on rails so even if there are 5 people on a local network the only interaction would be passing each other or following each other where rarely they would even see the train they were following.

I couldn’t ever see me playing a full session as a passenger (although I have been known to use the trains to get to another station) or as a conductor, unless simulated ticket inspections were a thing. And there’s a whole host of other things I’d like to see in the game first (more trains, routes, improvements to physics, Steam, sounds etc

• Like Like x 1
  35. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

I used to get that earache too. I used to reply 'I use games as a release but I could always do drugs as an alternative, your choice'.

As far as Multiplayer goes, I think DTG would mess it up in the first place but if it did come about and gamers could play independent trains it would be chaos, I couldn't see that working. But co-op, driver and guard or passenger might work. What I would love in game is a career mode but there is probably no chance of that either.

• Like Like x 2
  36. bjh#9597

bjh#9597 New Member

Yea I sort of agree although I do like Guarding and Dispatching, I think it would be good in a realistic world / vehicle SIM.

• Like Like x 1
  37. ARuscoe

What would career mode consist of?

38. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

For me, there would be a career mode specific per region (UK, US, EU) and then it would have to take into account what routes you have. Then it would something like you have to report to a manager and at the start you could have to go through a probationary period to prove you can drive a train which would involve you say driving an empty train on a certain route with an inspector and once you pass that you get assigned a route to drive on. Perhaps then you could put in a transfer to drive on additional routes or your manager could assign you one each day Passenger or Freight or both.

You would also have to report to the manager at the start and end of day and given a rating/score. If you did well say, you could be rewarded with other routes and if you did bad (spad) you would have to have the inspector on board and if you did not pass would be demoted in a route say or danger of being sacked, oh the manager would bollock you as well, lol. What I'm going for is just to break the monotony of just driving to A-B. Oh you would also have to travel as a passenger to get where your route is, obviously this will be probably on same route as routes are not linked.

Other than that I haven't really thought about it just think it could introduce something into a game that for me is missing.

• Like Like x 1
  39. trainsimplayer

It would be rather interesting to have a career mode which involves a full on training course, then you start with Simple MUs and move into more complex stuff. But it's impractical considering how modular TSW's train list is, and at the end of the day it's just pointless - a glorified Journey mode, but with its own jobs to do rather than a curation of services/scenarios, I suppose.

TSC's 'Career' mode is already in the game anyway, so not much room for changes there.

40. NotDavid

NotDavid Active Member

First of all you cannot even fit how big Train Sim World 3 is in Roblox and Second of all TSW3 And DTG Is much better off roblox.

Personally My Opinion ofc, I think that game is a low rank games for 12 year old's and under. And a game this big which could succeed on steam and other platforms I think its best it stays off it.

Just because TSW3 And TSC Has no Multiplayer mode. Doesn't mean Roblox comes into it.

I'm sure one day far, far, far in the future there will be a TSW23 And it will.

Stepford County Railway and British Railways is a low quality train game on Roblox for people that can't get for a example: Train Sim World 3 Or Like Train Simulator Classic.
    Roblox can't even get that high graphics as the new TSW3 Routes have so I don't know what point your trying to prove but your brain is made out of dust.

Sorry for the toxic reply but when I see Roblox getting involved and DTG With TSC And TSW it doesn't match

Like forgod sake SCR And British Railway Is Lit' made for kids like actually. Sorry to be a bit salty its true.

Now you've just created an Argument over a kids game fitting with a older style game for train spotters.

Sorry but this actually triggers me.

TSW3 With its cool routes and trains will never, ever fit inside Roblox. Like for real, If they added Train Sim World 3 or TSC And Update it a few times the whole platform would crash.

So ya.

• Like Like x 1
  41. NotDavid

NotDavid Active Member

These so called "Excellent" People are probably people under the age 11.

42. NotDavid

NotDavid Active Member

Your talking about a game which can't even be aloud to have real train company's in the game. But instead you get some Cringy train operator name and this some sort realistic nonrealistic livery.

And ofc Roblox does work on every system fine its "Basic"

43. NotDavid

NotDavid Active Member

Your fricking right mate, Good on ya.

44. NotDavid

NotDavid Active Member

Okay your comment made me chuckle.

But yeah true.

• Like Like x 1
  45. tft#6439

tft#6439 Well-Known Member

They aren't wrong!

46. NotDavid

NotDavid Active Member

Bro these forums aren't for comparing games bro.

• Like Like x 1
  47. trainsimplayer

There's nothing wrong with it either, though.

• Like Like x 1
  48. NotDavid

NotDavid Active Member

Yeah but its quite clear what this forum page is for, TSW3 And DTG's other games not comparing.

• Like Like x 1
  49. trainsimplayer

It should be in off-topic, but in the context of suggesting a feature that is in another game, it opens up for comparison.

• Like Like x 1
  50. NotDavid

NotDavid Active Member

Yes, It should be in "off-topic" [Removed - DTG Alex]