Dearth Of Uk Releases Lately

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wivenswold, May 23, 2023.

1. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

I don't know whether it's the core update but it's really gone quiet for UK TSC releases. DTG have done one UK route in the last year and no new traction, AP's usually high turn-over seems to have stopped, JT a couple of small extensions (MML and Salisbury to Southampton) in development. I know ATS are working on a number of things and have promised an update soon but man is it quiet at the moment.

I was kind of hoping we'd have some news from DTG on something that takes full advantage of the improved, more stable core and tempts new players in with something bold and exciting, but.....silence.

• Like Like x 1
  2. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

SSS are doing Severn Valley in super detail. Also K&ESR is being developed. Bossman was doing the Cotswold Line but that may have been cancelled I think.

3. westcastlerail

westcastlerail Active Member

A quick possible money making idea for DTG… re-release WCML South and include the Northampton branch as a paid add on. Quick and relatively Easy to do I would hope!

• Like Like x 3
  4. IronBladder

IronBladder Well-Known Member

I don't think it was the Cotswold Line. They were doing an extension to the Welsh Marches - Hereford to Worcester, but it got cancelled.

Last edited: May 24, 2023
  5. Wivenswold

They could be really inventive and include a new Class 730 with the Northampton upgrade. If you've got Birmingham Cross-City you get an orange version. Make it more than a little add-on using all the usual traction (like the Reigate extension pack on the BML)

• Like Like x 1
  6. toms87

toms87 Well-Known Member

Yes, also noticed this ... no one has released anything for a while. But that also means, that a bunch of routes will come out around the same time in the future. ATS does no seem to be moving forward with anything at the moment. I can´t even count all the routes they have announced anymore, but nothing seems to be getting finished. Looks like Peak Forest (MML extension) might be the next thing to come out.... also expecting a new UK DTG route soon. It´s been a long time since the Huddersfield line.

7. KodiakJac

KodiakJac Active Member

And it could very well be, that in the short term, route developers have stopped to wait for the new core update of 4-27-2023 to settle down.

• Like Like x 2
  8. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Well I'm still catching up on my shopping list...
    Added Malmesbury Branch and North Somerset to the collection yesterday and this evening cashed in the rest of my Steam Wallet for North London/Goblin (though there don't seem to be many NLL scenarios) and Woodhead (Blue).

9. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Exactly. Many issues with 3rd party content have been reported and need sorting out. Though I must say using DTG content only, the new core is extremely stable for me.

• Like Like x 1
  10. raptorengineer

raptorengineer Active Member

i think DTG stop dlc making for time being to work on phase 2 of train simulator classic upgrade witch would be performance improvement. so any dlc release would be by third party.

Last edited: May 30, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  11. westcastlerail

westcastlerail Active Member

Or could it be that 3rd party developers are struggling to develop new routes with the new TSC core code ?

Does anyone have an update what has happened to ATS WCML merge, the complete route, phase 5?

12. KTL_Rob Powell

KTL_Rob Powell Well-Known Member

According to Alan it exists their end but is not stable enoiugh for a release

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. Wivenswold

From a stream a few weeks ago, I'm sure Alan said that they are closer on the Cromer Branch of Wherry Lines and also wanted to get the Trans-Pennine merge done first before going back to tackle the whole WCML. Their GEML update looks close to being finished and I dare say will coincide with the release of the Stadler pack.

14. kurtosizm

kurtosizm Well-Known Member

Worth looking at Caledonia Works stuff, they released some stunning UK steam locos recently.

15. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

same as everything else sadly. Waiting for announcement. Although the flirts looked amazing

16. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

That would mean reskinning the three existing Class 350 subclasses included but would involve creating one or more variations of a brand new train, which seems a bit of a stretch for a short route extension, especially one that would be better off released as freeware online. That said I'm not sure why it wasn't included in the first place!
    Is there any proof of this? I haven't seen an outcry of developers complaining that it's impossible to make routes for TS yet.

17. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I don't think so as the 350s running with LMR are still in the LNR Green Livery and AFAIK none have been repainted in to WMR.
    Other brand new trains have been created separate from a route. So a WMR 730 would fit with the Cross City Line.

From Wikipedia
    "West Midlands Trains (WMT) is a train operating company in the United Kingdom.
    It operates passenger trains on the West Midlands franchise between London and the English Midlands under two trade names:
    West Midlands Railway (WMR) (within the West Midlands region) and London Northwestern Railway (LNR) (outside the region)."

• Like Like x 1
  18. jrnyfan4life

jrnyfan4life New Member

There's a vastly improved and much enhanced version of the old Newcastle-York route that was shipped with TSC up until either 2012 or 2014 in development. The new route showcases a more accurate reflection of the northern section of the ECML as it was in the 1970s up until electrification, and includes Heaton TMD, Newcastle CFD, the Leamside Line, Norwood Coke Works and the Foss Island Branch, as well as Dringhouses, Holgate and Clifton Carriage Sidings. Now there hasn't been an update since 7th April, but knowing Sean, he's probably found new bits to add. Here's the link to his Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063753241790

19. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I meant that three different subclasses of Class 350 would need to be reskinned, and there are livery variations for that too - as far as I'm aware the /2s have only been painted into the transitional livery, not the full livery, but I might be wrong.

20. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The 350s are still in LNR Green and won't be painted in to WMR as they don't operate them.

• Like Like x 1