Ny-trenton: Usa Content Is Still Severely Flawed

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TripleJ814, Feb 9, 2023.

?
  1. I find the issues to not be a big deal, and it’s fine the way everything is

17.1%
  2. I find the issues to be ridiculous and DTG needs to address this

76.5%
  3. I have a differing opinion - it would be nice if you could reply to the thread explaining why

6.4%
  1. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

They go as far over as track 13 in the peak. Getting that to work will be fun.

• Like Like x 9
  2. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

Wow didn’t realize that. I guess now since about 300 of the services that used to go to Penn now go to Grand Central Madison is not as busy compare to 2019

3. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Can't wait to purchase this route when the timetable has been finished. Your timetables really add a new level of realism to the routes.

Talking of "peak" there is another recent route which could do with some attention to its timetable!

• Like Like x 8
  4. Mikeboy

Mikeboy Active Member

Obviously great to have the timetable expanded but scenery is another really important missing element across much of the route.

I don't own Harlem line but shouldn't many of the Manhattan skyline assets from there be usable? It's only acting as distant scenery after all.

5. MAX1319

The problem is the Harlem line Skyline is as bad as it can be. Don't want to use that. On the other hand the timetable of the Harlem line is currently the best as far as US routes in my opinion

• Like Like x 3
  6. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I agree. We definitely don't want the New York skyline copied from Harlem or LIRR. If you've ever traveled to NYC by any form of transportation, you know how poorly interpreted it is in these routes.

• Like Like x 4
  7. MAX1319

Good morning DTG JD . sorry to tag you but just wanted to see if you have an update on NYT as far as the bugs. On the last roadmap it was mentioned currently working the timetable which I know Joe is currently working on. But do you know if the team is currently working the known issues like the Pantographs on AI trains, lights on the interior being off on all trains. No drivers shown on AI trains, Doors staying open on AI trains, No marker lights/headlights on AI trains, PIS on AI trains, Signaling.I know there're other issues I failed to mentioned but any update would be helpful to keep us updated. thanks

Last edited: May 24, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Signaling!

9. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

What about the am fleet car cab liver editior issue when will that get fixed?

10. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

Yes, signaling!!! It is frustrating to run with ACWS and ATC on and, for me, not worth playing.

11. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Not to mention the fact the last "fix" managed to screw up signaling on Boston-Providence

• Like Like x 3
  12. Crosstie

Me too. I really want to enjoy this route and the timetable is being fixed. But driving it without the in- cab signalling is not fun. So I've shelved the route until both timetable and signalling are fixed.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Sharon E

Which is sad, considering all the work Brandon put into getting it to work correctly.

• Like Like x 9
  14. Sharon E

I went back and reran the service, regional 184, that had caused so much frustration yesterday. This time I left ATC off but turned ACES on. It was a very nice run with ACES doing what it was supposed to do without ATC getting in the way. I had the NORAC signal rules up on my second monitor so could see what I should be doing per the signals. I guess, until something is done about how ATC reacts to the upcoming pathway, I will not turn it on. I mean when you are probably 4 or 5 miles away from where the approach medium should be reacted to and it slows you down to 45, geeze.

• Like Like x 4
  15. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

Certainly not wayside signaling? Nothing was changed with the signal model.

16. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I haven't noticed any changes to the signalling on the Boston route since the big upgrade.

17. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

Yeah so what broke? I'm genuinely curious.

EDIT: I haven't been playing since I've been busy on another development project. I didn't take the time to test it recently.

Last edited: May 25, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Crosstie

I was talking about NYT which is waiting for a patch.

Last time I drove on BPE, some weeks ago, signals were fine, though I still had a hard time keeping to the timetable, especially traveling towards Boston. It's really tight.

19. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Long thread, but the fixes for New York Trenton - broke the signalling in Harlem & Boston

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/is-harlem-ok.69721/

• Like Like x 1
  20. MAX1319

Thank you for attaching the thread I was looking for. I have been experiencing these issues and I couldn’t figure out what was happening.

Last edited: May 25, 2023
  21. redrev1917

Yeah Ive had to park Boston & Harlem up until the issue is fixed, as its now impossible to predict when running with safety systems turned on. Just as I was getting back into Boston as well :(

22. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

Oh you guys are referring to the ACSES Positive Stop at Tower 1. This is happening because they enabled Positive Stop in Boston for the Acela. It wasn't previously enabled.

This phenomenon is happening due to something they kept from my original service mode timetable. To prevent trains from reserving the signal at Tower 1 too early, I set a waypoint at the east end of Cove. When the train reaches that waypoint, the dispatcher then clears the train through Tower 1. The signal at Tower 1 will always be a Stop until the train clears Cove. But it's not playing nicely with positive train control because of how close the waypoint is to the next signal. For now just disable ACSES after leaving Back Bay.

You guys get me scared when you say "signals are broken" when it's actually the safety systems.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  23. redrev1917

Incab signalling is broken, you can refer to it as safety systems are broken if you want to split hairs I guess, but regardless I take umbridge at your suggestion that we just turn the safety systems off leaving Back Bay.

I arent going to compromise my enjoyment by running with safety systems off (and this issue also affects the other end of line) when I can get my TSW fix on many other routes without the need to compromise.

Boston/Harlem/Acela have all joined NEC NY & RT in the uninstalled waiting for a fix which will likely never come. And if they dont these'll be the last US content I purchase for TSW

• Like Like x 1
  24. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

I mean, really. cActUsjUiCe doesn't work for DTG. Everything he has done for BPE has been on his own. And he is quite correct in any case; the signals are not broken as far as the displayed aspect. The suggestion to disable safety systems, while not optimal, is the only way to play without the "positive stop." It is not as if cActUsjUiCe has any control over getting this fixed. And besides, he is the only person who has correctly identified and explained the issue.

If umbrage shall be taken, then perhaps it is better aimed at DTG. Let's not forget that this whole mess started with an update that was intended to improve the signals on NYT. Apparently, as Matt alluded to, this update was also applied to BPE as part of some sort of attempt at standardization. I am still of the opinion that the update, as it were, should just be removed from BPE (and HAR, where it has also done no good). Why it can't be removed so that these two routes can just presumably revert to how they were, has not been explained; nor has any other fix been forthcoming. In any case, thanks for the explanation, and least now we have a better understanding of the problem.

• Like Like x 4
  25. Sharon E

Don't know if there is a positive stop coming into Newark from the west, but my ACES read out dropped to zero as I was slowing for the stop and got a penalty brake application.

26. redrev1917

He describes himself as a developer in his forum bio, he works for DTG as 2nd party at the very least. And the incab display does show the incorrect aspect on occasion. And he is quite wrong in saying the only way to avoid the positive stop is turning it off. Running at below 10mph up to the signal in question actually makes the incab display show the correct aspects as I demonstrated in one of the videos I shared. So no he hasnt explained the situation and it doesnt appear he has understood the issue. As far as am concerned a developer working for DTG is a representative of DTG, just as in when I work as a sub contractor I am representing the company as I work in my field of work.

27. dramos#3074

dramos#3074 Member

Lol course they don't.. They don't give a crap

• Like Like x 1
  28. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

Similarly to how Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator is developed, I wonder if DTG has a team based in the US? I am not sure where DTG currently is based out of but I think having teams throughout each country would definitely help in obtaining reference materials and familiarity with the railroads per region.

29. darkwarrior#2896

darkwarrior#2896 Well-Known Member

I'm I'm still kind of confused why Amtrak stops at Secaucus junction which it doesn't in real life
    I'm still confused why Amtrak stops at Secaucus junction in game but Secaucus junction does not serve Amtrak in real life. NEC New York to Trenton really needs a lot of improvement and maybe new content such as: Dover, High Bridge, and Bay Head as new additions

Last edited: May 29, 2023
  30. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

Can you name which services you have seen stopping at Secaucus?

31. MAX1319

Hey Joe Hope all is good. I know you have been hard at work on NYT timetable. Wondering if you had an update on the progress so far.
    Thanks Joe

• Like Like x 1
  32. MAX1319

I guess we will have to wait for June roadmap to hopefully get an update. I think the updates that we have gotten from Jane at Skyhook has been well received by the community. I think all form of communication is always good.

• Like Like x 5
  33. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

I think June will be good. I just played the Sunnyside Up career scenario and was overall happy with the amount of AI traffic that was present, including LIRR. It helped to make the route feel more busy. As I was bringing a rescue train from Penn Station to Sunnyside, I began to think, the route is not so bad as I think it is and some of these small bugs don't get in the way of enjoying the route. The main goal is to just have fun and complete the scenario in my opinion. Any updates, patches or fixes are always welcome

• Like Like x 3
  34. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

I kinda wanna save the update for the roadmap, that is, if I can think of something to say. It's going well though.

• Like Like x 12
  35. MAX1319

Ok thanks Joe. I figured that was the case.lol. Very excited and I can’t wait….

• Like Like x 2
  36. farLander#3643

farLander#3643 Member

It really is near time for another roadmap, isn't it? Time starts flying by as I get older, it seems.
    I don't actually know how to tag other people but JD or Matt when will the June roadmap be? Is it planned for next week or sometime later into the month? If next week then it'll be on my birthweek so it'll be something to look forward to lol

37. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Normally the next roadmap is due next week

38. farLander#3643

farLander#3643 Member

...normally. There have been months where the roadmap comes in the second half of the month, though.

39. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Roadmap will be next week. Some roadmaps had to be pushed back either from coming back from holiday, special events or important staff members are out on vacation or sick. It is usually the first Tuesday or Thursday of the month, forgot which day exactly.

40. farLander#3643

farLander#3643 Member

Looking back at the articles, I do stand corrected. Most TSW3 roadmaps have been put out the first full-week Thursday of every month. There have been some exceptions but still within week 1 of the month. Am I really misremembering the 2021 TSW2 roadmaps as current regularly-scheduled ones or am I just that out-of-touch with what date it is on any given day (maybe a bit of both)?

Either way thank you for the correction and my apologies for being misinformed

41. MAX1319

Hey Joe would be great if you can make it to the next roadmap stream to go over all the hard work you have put in on NYT DLC

• Like Like x 8
  42. MAX1319

Hey DTG Matt I have a question about woodside station on NYT route. I know that on the NYT route right as you turn to woodside we are not able to continue to woodside station as is blocked. Is there scenery at woodside station.. The reason I ask is it possible to add LIRR passenger service from woodside station on the NYT DLC? Just curious.

43. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

No plans to make that player derivable no, the route is New York westbound only.

44. MAX1319

Understood. Was more of curiosity if is was possible since this hasn’t never been done before, same area playable in two different DLCs. But thank you for the quick response

45. northeasttrainman

northeasttrainman Active Member

I mentioned this earlier in the thread, the literal name of the DLC is Northeast Corridor: New York - Trenton, not Train Sim World 3: NJ Transit. I doubt DTG will build additional lines in a strictly digital DLC that's supposed to be focused on one route. I'm all for a NJ Transit game, but I don't see it happening in this particular DLC. Has DTG made whole route extensions for DLC US passenger routes in TSW?

• Like Like x 2
  46. northeasttrainman

northeasttrainman Active Member

darkwarrior#2896 is referring to the ACSES & ATCS tutorial for the Amtrak ACS-64, which has a station stop at Secaucus.
    You can view it here, it's around the 11:18 mark.

It's not a timetable service, but it still makes a revenue stop at Secaucus. I concur with darkwarrior#2896 on it not making sense.
    I understand it's for training purposes, but it's still weird considering the feedback they got from TSW 2020 on the inaccuracy of Amtrak serving Secaucus.

47. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

Boston-Providence does this for the ACS-64 tutorial as well, stopping at South Attleboro and Attleboro. Not a big deal considering it’s a tutorial and all.

• Like Like x 3
  48. MAX1319

looks like we have to wait longer for the updated timetable. Hoepefully is going good though.
    upload_2023-6-6_9-40-23.png

Attached Files:

49. MAX1319

YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!
    upload_2023-6-6_11-43-48.png

• Like Like x 4
  50. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

There is also a freight layer if you own spg with subs from other freight routes. The consist seems to make a good use of substitution as well