Rivet’s Class 150/2

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ghawk2005, May 18, 2023.

1. ghawk2005

ghawk2005 Well-Known Member

Wow - Rivet Games you have FINALLY sorted that crazy acceleration issue between 30-45mph!!! Credit where credit is due - well done.

It now accelerates to within a realistic expected rate of acceleration. Now just the following issues to sort out …

> still jolts and gear change over - the change over is very odd. Physics set up still needs a good overhaul.

> lack of internal brake rub - if you were not supplied with this sound set YOU need to go out and source it yourself. Not acceptable to have a 150/2 without it.

> DSD behaviour doesn’t behave in a realistic manner ( warning shouldn’t be sounding when using the brake lever - either throttle or brake lever usage should reset DSD timer.

> track joint sounds incorrect ( and too soft )

> track flange squeal incorrect ( and too soft )

> once in the 2nd gear , it should not change back down again until 37/38mph

> the revving up should peak, settle back down again before moving off. ‘Rev spike’ it is sometimes known by

> braking should be slightly weaker at higher speed than at lower speed. Do your research into tread brake behaviour compared with disc brake behaviour - it’s all easily attainable out there!!!

> cab view driver cam height too low.

> lack of wind noise at high speed.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

By this current rate we’ll have an acceptable version by the year 2045 :) :) :)

• Like Like x 6
  2. Bravo2six

Bravo2six Well-Known Member

Is this what the update was?.

Or does it still stuggle up the hills?

3. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Have I missed something?

No update or announcements for me?

4. ghawk2005

Oh I haven’t played it for ages and seemed better than I remember. My mistake.

5. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

Hardly seems cause for celebration when you mention what's left to fix.

I'm desperate to buy this route just for the 150 but if its not going to be fixed I just won't bother.
    I will wait for a MML sale and get the 158 which sounds as though it's been done to a much higher standard.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bravo2six

Bravo2six Well-Known Member

They were looking into it again, so maybe more changes are on the way?

7. MarkCovz4761

MarkCovz4761 Well-Known Member

I've been going on about changes needed to the 150 for a while now but nothing seems to be happening I wish I hadn't bought the route last year with the state the 150 is in

8. ghawk2005

I am sorry, I don’t know what they have got planned.

I’d like to think that they’d give it another overhaul with the suggested improvements in the future though. :)

9. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

We celebrate people getting older, that someone tried to blow up parliament etc etc (in the UK at least) so imcrimental improvements in the digital representation of a train doesn't seem to be out of bounds for a minor "YAY!"

• Like Like x 3
  10. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

So reading through this thread, the question remains - has there been a “silent” patch/update in the last few days or couple of weeks or not?

11. west coastway trains

west coastway trains Well-Known Member

At least they’ve come back to an 18 month old dlc to at least try and rescue something back, dtg would just leave it to fall away into the abyss

12. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

I doubt it. If I was Rivet I´d blow all the horns, fanfare, brass, Organo pleno ..............
    And then: When it sounds too good to be true, it usually .....

13. deeuu#6908

deeuu#6908 Well-Known Member

I'm tempted to pick this up as it's on sale at the moment, just for the 150.....or just wait for the updated MML to get my BR DMU fix....

14. a.paice

There’s been nothing. I think it’s safe to say there will be nothing as well.
    Hopefully a different route will release with an updated version.

On the subject of updates, is it just me or is there a definite reduction in patches etc. All the game breaking things are fixed in a patch and then there’s nothing.
    MML, Niddertahl Bahn, Peak Forest and the Rhine route have had nothing that I can see apart from the bare minimum of patches to keep it playable or to fix glaring errors like ballast etc.

I hope they come soon.

15. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

There's been a lot of releases at once recently so that might explain the delay. All the fixes have to also go through dtg for approval and testing.

16. OldVern

And new routes releasing with old problems - mentioned in the PFR thread that road vehicles appear to be ignoring the car stoppers at level crossings.

17. a.paice

Hopefully you are right but there’s been a definite decline in any acknowledgment of feedback too which worries me.
    Skyhook seemed to be trying hard so I look forward to that update but apart from Matt on his personal account, there’s been little of anything official from DTG.

18. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

19. Taihennami

Taihennami Well-Known Member

There's probably a lot of upheaval in the release and maintenance processes associated with DTG's takeover by… whoever it was. The current drive for beta tester recruitment will be part of that. One hopes they start taking beta feedback more seriously than they used to - and more to the point, leaving space in the schedule for it to realistically occur.

• Like Like x 2
  20. a.paice

Thats a good point. Hopefully it improves as a result.

21. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

I always thought it was more celebration of the fact it was foiled (State Victory) rather than of Guy Fawkes goals and what could have been.

in all honesty the real purpose nowadays is just for a pretty firework showing, like Easter for the chocolate and XMAS for the gifts and dinner, Black Friday for Sales.

Most likely the reason such traditions survive and will for foreseeable future, as they have a modern purpose and the traditional purpose nearly extinct.

Last edited: May 26, 2023
  22. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's how it started, and I agree nowadays that it's more a celebration involving fireworks, hence putting it in "lay terms". If you ask what it's about people are more likely to say "someone tried to blow up parliament" than "the king stopped it"

Same for everything I guess, as you say

• Like Like x 1
  23. OldVern

Well we could have a new fireworks festival… Celebrate the day Rivet actually finally, completely and correctly fix up the 150/2.

Ho hum, don’t think old Guido has too much to worry about there.

• Like Like x 1
  24. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

I think it originally started as "Fawkes was foiled, let's celebrate", but today it's either just "let's have some fireworks", or, among some groups, a celebration of the attempt, and Guy Fawkes himself.

• Like Like x 1
  25. cescb#1068

cescb#1068 Member

The sounds are not right as many have raised in a number of threads. For me though the performance is the major issue. As someone that drives these units mainly the 150\1 variant they are faster than the game would have you believe especially mid range power with a mild gradient at 30mph etc. Not accurate at all.

26. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Yes it really struggles on the gradients on WCL. The 150's we had on the Snow Hill lines seemed to get up Old Hill bank quick enough even in the wet with a stop at Old Hill, the 172's seem to be slothful in comparison although that might be my imagination.