Shorncliffe And Cleveland Lines

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jackmiller1234567890, May 24, 2023.

1. jackmiller1234567890

jackmiller1234567890 Well-Known Member

About
    Shorncliffe
    The Sandgate Railway, opened in 1882, was the first truly suburban railway in Brisbane, built to provide convenient access to the seaside for the city's residents. The terminus was originally named Sandgate and was renamed Shorncliffe in 1938. The current Sandgate station was originally named Sandgate Central. The line allowed Brisbane residents to travel to Moreton Bay's shoreline at Shorncliffe. Duplication was completed by December 1901. Trains to Sandgate originally travelled via what is now the Exhibition line prior to the opening of the tunnel between Central and Brunswick Street in 1890.The Shorncliffe line is going to be used as a pilot test for the implementation of ETCS, (European Train Control System), prior to its introduction with Cross River Rail.
    [​IMG]

Cleveland

Following the opening of the Wooloongabba Branch railway line from Corinda to Stanley Street in South Brisbane in 1884, calls were made for extending the line to Cleveland to serve the developing farming area. A line was surveyed, and took an indirect route to avoid hilly country and to serve Fort Lytton, a gun emplacement at the south entrance to the Brisbane River, then the major defence installation for the city.
    The line was opened to Manly in 1888 and extended to the first Cleveland station in 1889. An extension to the second Cleveland station opened in 1897, at which time the first Cleveland station was renamed West Cleveland (later Cleveland Central).
    The initial constricted terminus at Stanley St was replaced by a dual track line to South Brisbane in 1891, and the Cleveland line connection to it was realigned to junction at Park Road railway station at that time.
    Duplication on the line from Park Road began construction in 1910. The duplication was opened progressively, with the Park Road to Murarrie section opening in June 1912. Duplication from Hemmant to Manly opened in December 1912. The remaining section between Hemmant and Murarrie was completed in 1913.
    In 1960, the line from Lota to Cleveland was closed.The Redland Shire Council opposed the closure, and preserved the corridor. The line beyond Lota was rebuilt and reopened on the original alignment to Thorneside in 1982 and the line was electrified in 1983. The line was extended to the third Cleveland station in 1987
    [​IMG]

The total length of this line would be about 58.11km (36.11mi)

Services (some may be missing)
    Northgate to park road
    Northgate to Cleveland
    Northgate to Manly
    Northgate to Roma Street
    Shorncliffe to Cleveland
    Shorncliffe to Cannon Hill
    Shorncliffe to Manly
    Shorncliffe to Roma street

Cleveland to Shorncliffe
    Cleveland to northgate
    Cleveland to bowen hills
    Cleveland to Eagle Junction (doomben service)
    Manly to Shorncliffe
    Manly to Eagle Junction (doomben service)
    Cannon Hill to Bowen Hills
    Cannon Hill to Shorncliffe

Rollingstock (what i beleve should come with the base route)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    NGR

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    IMU 160 SMU 260 (Main difference is the toilet block and numbering)

DLC
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

EMU

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    SMU 200

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    SMU 220

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    IMU 100

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    IMU 120

• Like Like x 3
  2. R3DWolf91

R3DWolf91 Well-Known Member

I've always been fascinated by electric railways in Australia, I would love to see this in-game

3. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Well done and for the Queensland rail IMU 160 & SMU 260 these can serve as base model for Transperth B series if DTG decides to make a Transperth route like my Mum's sister local route the Mandurah Line.

4. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Sadly I reckon there’s about as much chance of seeing an Aussie route in TSW as my wife giving me a… Ferrari for Christmas!

5. jackmiller1234567890

jackmiller1234567890 Well-Known Member

I do agree that it is very unlikly that Australia is coming, but if we don't ask we don't get

• Like Like x 2