Removed Steam Dlc Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blazin, Feb 13, 2023.

1. PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā

PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā Well-Known Member

Not sure if on topic, but didn't Digital Traction have coach packs (Mk1, Mk2 etc). These have now been succeeded by the ones from Armstrong Powerhouse. Coincidentally, I think the old DT Mk1's now come with a few routes (Woodhead)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

You would be correct. Thereare the Digital Tractions Railworks Mk2e Coaches DLC released on Steam on the 9th of December, 2009 and the Digital Traction Railworks Mk1 Coaches DLC that were released on the 15th of January, 2010 on Steam. You can still get the Mk1 Coaches as they are bundled with the Woodhead Route, the BR Class 76 & 77 Loco Add-On and the Robinson O4 + Woodhead Route Bundle.

3. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

There also were a set of GWR Suburban coaches

4. Hugh Janus

Hugh Janus Member

If the Woodhead coaches are Digitial Traction ones then somebody managed to fix the tail lamps that appeared on the wrong end of some vehicles. They also changed colour to a muddier shade of crimson and cream. I would have thought they were more likely to have their origins in the Kuju coaches.

The Digital Traction ones were apparently withdrawn for the tail lamp issue (the way they were made was not as it is done today), but were subsequently released by Armstrong Powerhouse but I guess they were replaced there with new ones for that same reason. I did try to modify the DT ones, I had some success on a few but gave up on some coaches that just wouldn't play.

5. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

The Mark 1s and Mark 2Es were first released by Digital Traction and were available on Steam. The Mark 1 pack is currently included in the Class 77 pack (not the Woodhead Line). AP took in both packs and released them with their own sounds and released them separately, however both were available at the same time for a while and one of them even used the same file structure as the DT version, meaning only one could be installed at a time. AP eventually replaced both packs with their own models.

6. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

The Digital Traction Mk1 Coaches Pack is included with the Woodhead Line.
    Things that include Digital Track Mk1 Pack.png

7. Hugh Janus

Hugh Janus Member

If you say so. They must have been additional to the blood and custard ones supplied because, as I said, they were a different shade and the tail lamps worked as they should. As I already had the Digital Traction ones it wouldn't have been obvious if they were supplied. But why on earth would they supply both? I am far from convinced but I'm not going to make a big thing of it.

8. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

Thanks for not making a big argument about this as I have already seen it result in a large argument before on this forum. But I think I can finally put this case to rest with a definitive answer. I have the Woodhead route, and can confirm the Digital Traction coaches are supplied with the route. Here are the files in the file directory: Steam>steamapps>common>RailWorks>Assets>DT>DT_MK1_coaches
    Mk1 Coach Pack Files.png
    And I decided to lay them all out in the world editor too!
    Mk1 Screenshot 1.jpg
    Mk1 Screenshot 2.jpg
    Mk1 Screenshot 3.jpg
    So I can confirm you can still get these coaches today and they are bundled with the Woodhead route. :D

9. Doomotron

That's funny, when I first bought Woodhead I didn't get them. Maybe I'm misremembering or it was a later change.

10. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

It appears to have been a later change. It has been added to quite a few bundles over the years actually. On the 13th of October 2014, it was put into the Train Simulator 2015: Steam "Halloween" Edition but was later removed from this bundle only a couple hours later. It was also then added to the TS2017 German First Class Edition, UK First Class Edition and US First Class Edition briefly too but only for a couple hours once again. But it seems to have been permanently applied to the Woodhead Route and Robinson O4 + Woodhead Route Bundle on the 4th of October, 2021. On the 6th of October it was also added to the B1 Loco + Woodhead Route (Twin Pack) and something called the RailWorks 3 The Woodhead Line Retail DLC even though both of those aren't / no longer available to purchase. However strangely I cannot find anything in the update history showing it came with the BR Class 76 & 77 Loco Add-On.
    SteamDB 3.png
    SteamDB 2.png
    SteamDB 1.png
    But it seems it was already bundled with the Woodhead Route before October 4th 2021? I bought the Woodhead route on August 31st, 2021 but still got the Digital Traction Mk1Coaches. It's pretty strange. I recommend just searching up "RailWorks Mk1Coaches DLC" in your DLC for the game to see if you got it.
    Steam DLC 1.png
    Steam DLC 2.png

Last edited: May 28, 2023
  11. Doomotron

upload_2023-5-28_2-21-6.png
    The mystery gets deeper. Having checked, I did actually get it from Woodhead first when I bought it in 2018, so I was wrong earlier. That happens a lot to me nowadays. Anyway, a year later I got it again with the Class 77, so during this time it must have been bundled with both as it is now.

12. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

It appears I got mine with the Woodhead too.
    Image16.jpg
    (Note for transparency: I edited 2 screengrabs into one image to get the date and size info to show because of small window and scrollbar)

13. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

How do you see that info?

14. Doomotron

In your Steam account details, go to your list of purchases, then find either Woodhead or the Class 77. In it you'll find an entry for each DLC included, so Woodhead will have one for the route itself, the ELAP and the Mark 1 pack. Click on the Mark 1 pack and it'll show you when you got it, including each duplicate activation of it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Ahh cool, gotcha.
    Image19.jpg

16. triznya.andras

triznya.andras Well-Known Member

Steam always shows the package acquisition date. Many moons ago we discussed the same pack and I was researching the same.
    Since I have a spreadsheet with all my DLC, it was clear I received this later - it wasn't in there.
    Also my DT asset folder was created on 2021-10-04 at 15:57. All the files have the same timestamp, too.
    DTG may have wanted to add this somewhere, thinking this suitable. Similar to the BR 155, UP GTEL, Class 801 and others.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Doomotron

I don't know if it's relevant but in my DLC list it shows the Academy and Class 801 as being bought in 2013 when I got TS. Both were given out for free later on but the date shows the date I first claimed TS.

18. Hugh Janus

Hugh Janus Member

Thanks for the clarification, all - as I already had the DT coaches before Woodhead came on the scene, I guess I would have simply not noticed if they had come along with it. Sorry to have caused all the research that has had to be done upon my questioning..

19. Doomotron

Don't worry about it, looking into it was quite interesting for me.

20. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

Sorry everyone, I have neglected this thread when there is still more removed DLC that I have not documented. Here is the next batch.

LOCOS
    Railworks Class 56 DLC, developed by Iron Horse House and released on the 1st of October, 2010. I believe this isn't the same Class 56 in the BR Sectors Class 56 Loco Add-On currently available for purchase on the Steam store.
    Railworks Class56 DLC.jpg
    RailWorks 2 Flying Scotsman, developed by RailSimulator.com and released on the 5th of November, 2010. I assume it's the same LNER Class A3 as featured in the LNER Class A3 'Flying Scotsman' Loco Add-On currently available on the Steam store.
    RailWorks 2 Flying Scotsman.jpg
    RailWorks 2 SD70ACe Pack, developed by RailSimulator.com and released on the 19th of November, 2010. I assume it's the same EMD SD70ACe as featured in the Union Pacific SD70Ace Loco Add-On and / or the Union Pacific Heritage SD70ACes Loco Add-On available for purchase on the Steam store.
    RailWorks 2 SD70ACe Pack.jpg
    MARKETPLACE
    Railworks AssetPack01, developed by RailSimulator.com and released on the 8th of October 2010. It appears to be a general asset pack of, well, buildings from the UK. :)
    RailWorks AssetPack01.jpg
    Railworks BonusScenario02, developed by RailSimulator.com and released on the 22nd of October, 2010. An extra scenario named "Keeping up with the Diesels" that seems to at least feature a rather unfinished looking British Rail Class 47 and some kind of steam locomotive, probably an LMS Stanier Class 5 4-6-0. I would assume for one of the original routes of the game such as Hedborough North.
    Railworks BonusScenario02.jpg

21. Doomotron

I have seen the IHH Class 56 being used; they are the same model and share sounds.
    This one is still available, it is included with various older routes.

22. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

Really? The models look different to me, different weathering and the front yellow bit looks darker in the available version on the Steam store. And yes I forgot to mention about that assets pack being included with older routes, I did mention it when I edited the original post in the thread though.

23. triznya.andras

It does look like the old SD70ACe pack with a couple scenarios and a free roam for Cajon Pass.
    The picture itself looks like the Overland Route, quite possibly it was rearranged after its discontinuation.
    And of course the newest UP SD70ACe with the Granger Heartland route, if I recall correctly.

Is there value in having every individual version, or is it about having each class / livery, and scenario available to play?
    Something similar to the idealized approach of AP with their reissues.
    (Silly example, what about the old Kuju HST with its procedural sounds?)

Last edited: Jul 2, 2023
  24. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

What you say has nothing to do with the model though, you're talking about textures which can be edited without changing anything on the actual model

25. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

It depends on the person's preferences for getting these old DLC I suppose.
    That is a fair point, thanks Reef. I have slightly changed the original post of the thread to state this.

26. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

27. pjduplooy.gis

pjduplooy.gis Member

28. Doomotron

Train Simulator: BNSF Locomotive Pack Add-On (SubID 28314) · SteamDB
    upload_2023-10-1_21-37-24.png

The BNSF Loco Pack includes three previous BNSF loco DLCs in one. These are the SD40-2, GP38-2 and F45. The GP38's Steam ID appears to have been taken over by the bundle and the F45 oddly appears on Steam separately but has only the loco pack as a buying option. In total eleven scenarios are included in the bundle, and with the content available I personally see the BNSF Loco Pack as a general Marias Pass Expansion pack.

• Like Like x 1
  29. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

It's still unavailable as a stand-alone product.

30. triznya.andras

Yes, they are priceless now:
    upload_2023-10-2_8-1-45.png
    But I can click them. Anyway, this was the state of affairs on 2022-03-29 for a sensible buyer - this pack is part of the Marias Pass.
    upload_2023-10-2_8-2-16.png
    I suppose they tried to consolidate by merging old, tiny DLC. Makes sense for new buyers, can be awkward for those missing half of it.

31. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  32. Doomotron

I am one of those new buyers - is it the case that players who owned one or two of the DLCs before the merger can no longer buy the remaining one? If so, you will be able to contact DTG and potentially request the remaining DLC. I've done this for both South Wales Coastal and the North London Line, where buying the extended version prevents you from buying the original version and therefore means any trains that have scenarios for those original versions cannot be played.