Bnsf San Bernardino Subdivision

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by amtrak145, May 25, 2023.

Tags:
  1. amtrak145

amtrak145 Member

This subdivision runs from San Bernardino, which is the an end point for another route, Cajon Pass, as well as this one, all the way to Hobart Rail Yard. All the exact freight stock can be used for this route, but there could be more added. Now it's not only BNSF that runs this route, but also Metrolink and Amtrak run on the route. The Amtrak Southwest Chief makes stops a couple of the stations, while Metrolink runs a big variety of services making stops at every station along the route. Several miles before the end of the route is where the subdivision connects to the Surf Line at Fullerton and runs the rest of the way to Hobart awhile a little further down the line is the Los Angeles Union Station where 4 different types of usual trains make their end there. Metrolink, Amtrak Pacific Surfliner, Amtrak Southwest Chief, Amtrak Sunset Limited, and Amtrak Coast Starlight. All of the Amtrak long distance stuff uses P42DCs and Superliners with baggage car included. The Pacific Surfliner uses Surfliners with a cab car and maybe include a Superliner. One more thing to mention for the Pacific Surfliner is that the LA Union Station is both the southern and northern terminus of it. Now all four of these go on their own different routes with the Pacific Surfliner's route being ran to Fullerton along with some Metrolink services running that same route while some other ones use the San Bernardino Subdivision to San Bernardino along with the Southwest Chief. Now every one of these services should take about two hours to complete the entire route. Oh I forgot something. Pacific Surfliners use P42DCs and F59PHi's and Metrolink uses F59PHi's. BNSF uses a variety of different freight cars that can be taken from Cajon Pass. A number of freight locomotives can also be used.

• Like Like x 4
  2. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

I would buy this route. Here's my suggestions for possible locomotives (that could also be used on Cajon Pass).

-BNSF:
    -ET44C4
    -B40-8W
    -C44-9W/AC44C4M Rebuild
    -AC4400CW
    -GP60, GP60M-3, and/or GP60B
    -GP50/GP25 Rebuild
    -SD70MAC
    -SD75M/SD75I
    -SD60M
    -GP39-2/GP39-3
    -GP38-2

-Amtrak:
    -SC44 Charger for the Pacific Surfliner
    -ALC-42 Charger for Amtrak Southwest Chief
    -F59PHI
    -P42DC Genesis
    -P32-8BWH
    -Surfliner Cab Car/Surfliner Cars

-Metrolink:
    -F59PH
    -MP36PH-3C
    -F125 "Spirit"
    -Commuter Cars/Cab Cars (Bombardier and Hyundai Rotem)

3. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Let me see the CJP extension into Los Angeles Union station or not? To merge this route with Cajon Pass Common Origin point must be San Bernardino station. Here's Matts quote on it

4. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

But as with all these US routes which are featured in Run 8, apart from graphics (obviously) how will TSW offer superior gameplay particularly as San Bernardino in R8 integrates with the rest of their SoCal and Arizona network.

5. tehangrybird345

tehangrybird345 Well-Known Member

I’d buy it for the metrolink, hopefully they would layer on to Cajon pass

6. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

But as always with SoCal suggestions, Metrolink isn't playing ball with the licensing, so there goes most of the commuter traffic if DTG did the route.

7. OldVern

I suspect Run 8 might have the same issue as they’ve never added a Metrolink pack. Of course to do it justice, they’d really have to put in the route down Soledad Canyon to complete the SoCal network.

8. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Run 8 never really does any commuter stuff proper, as I think they mainly focus on Freight only.

9. OldVern

Unfortunately true... If you download one of the "Busy" setups from The Depot there are some Amtrak consists placed around to emulate Metrolink, but without some sort of timetable editor true passenger operations are next to impossible.