The Next Route

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by west coastway trains, May 27, 2023.

?
  1. Central / Waterloo and city line as 1 dlc

6.5%
  2. Circle

18.2%
  3. District

20.8%
  4. Hammersmith and City

6.5%
  5. Jubilee

2.6%
  6. Metropolitan

35.1%
  7. Northern

11.7%
  8. Piccadilly

15.6%
  9. Victoria

9.1%
  10. No other London Underground route

19.5%
  11. Elizabeth line

5.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. west coastway trains

west coastway trains Well-Known Member

Thoughts? :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

Where is the "None of the above" option?

• Like Like x 4
  3. west coastway trains

It’s called not voting at all- this post is mostly aimed at people who want another LU route

• Like Like x 3
  4. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

Some lines overlap, so if you were to make the Metropolitan line for instance, that would presumably include playable Circle and H&C services between Baker Street and Aldgate?

It may be wise to explain why you would like to see another LU route, to give more context to the purpose of the poll.

• Like Like x 5
  5. LWDAdnane

LWDAdnane Well-Known Member

Would love the district line personally as it's always been my local and most used line. There are also a big helping of branches and different service types. I also wouldn't mind having the old D stock trains to be honest, but would love to drive the current stock just as much.

6. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

That makes it seem like more people want a LU route than they don't.
    If 60% of people were to say 'No' to a new LU route, that would be shown.
    Your poll makes it seem like everyone who votes wants at least one.

Also - there's plenty of threads on this topic already.

• Like Like x 1
  7. brickmaster#7638

brickmaster#7638 Well-Known Member

A new underground route would sound nice, but with some sloth cheekiness it’s possible to have more than a line. I present:
    The Circle-; Hammersmith and City- and District Line route for TSW

upload_2023-5-27_16-47-20.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  8. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Metropolitan line you can run 4TC Class 20 TFL Colours Sarah Siddons Electric locomotive. Lastly a GWR 5700 Duck in TFL colours. Furthermore it is a requested train Sim Classic route that needs to be here

9. nepclassof84

nepclassof84 Well-Known Member

Then why is it visible to everyone and not limited to people who want a London Underground route

• Like Like x 1
  10. brickmaster#7638

Oh and by the way, wouldn’t this thread be more fitting for SUGGESTIONS ?

• Like Like x 2
  11. west coastway trains

Maybe, maybe not. I’m not suggesting a route, just gathering data

12. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

Personally I'd like to go with the Waterloo & City Line, not combined with anything else. It's a decent enough length, has a good variety of stations, and the scenery along the route is stunning.

• Like Like x 8
  13. west coastway trains

I assume the standard £30 price tag would be adequate for this piece of dlc?

• Like Like x 1
  14. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Im not against another Underground route, but I'd prefer say a Paris Metro line or Hamburg U-Bahn line personally.

What I'd absolutely love is a Moscow Subway route, the stations are stunning. But given the political landscape at the moment that is truly a pipedream sadly.

Back to poll, I dont have a strong preference for any particular route, but for variety I'd opt for a subsurface line such as Circle rather than another deep tunnel line like Bakerloo.

Last edited: May 27, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

Oh, definitely. Anybody would be willing to pay that kind of price for such a beloved route as the Waterloo & City Line.

16. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

What's the point in having multiple votes? Three max should suffice or some people are just going to tick them all.

Thread should also really belong in the suggestions forum.

Also needs to specify era as quite a few of the lines are now ATO but put something like the Central Line back in the 1962 stock era and it would trump the Northern Line (for me).

17. west coastway trains

In case you like more than one route and would like to see both of them in game, instead of being limited to one preference only

18. Trainzrule

Trainzrule Member

I would very much like to see some more metro/light rail content in TSW. However the real question is whether it necessarily has to be more LU content. If, then a subsurface line would definitely be nice because of the different nature compared to Bakerloo.

However, there definitely are other interesting options within the UK. Personally Tyne and Wear Metro would be nice, and if we think further, even Manchester Metrolink could be fun operationally.
    Beyond the UK, I would very much be interested in something like the Washington Metro, Paris Metro, or Hamburg U-Bahn.
    And again, there's the option of adding light rail/Stadtbahns to TSW, especially one that doesn't involve a lot of on-street running, such as the Frankfurt U-Bahn or Cologne Stadtbahn (The lines to Bonn could even involve some freight operations)

Anyways, there certainly are gameplay advantages to metro style systems in TSW, such as their contained nature with limited rolling stock as well as the high frequency.
    But do remember that the high amount of stations that need to be modelled are probably a considerable problem for DTG.

19. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

The Circle Line from a few years back would be my choice. Traveling in an endless loop, how would the service end?

I suppose you could stop at some point, change ends and go in the other direction. Was it bidirectional? Can't remember.

A route with just one or two endless services. That would surely be a top seller.

Good thing the save game is working again. Otherwise you could be trapped down there forever.

Round and round we go. Where it stops, nobody knows.

Last edited: May 27, 2023
  20. Bravo2six

Bravo2six Well-Known Member

I'd only want a subservice route, and set with the old C & D stocks, because it would be different
    I don't think an S stock route would be that fun.

21. brickmaster#7638

You mean like the version from “World of Subways vol.3“?

It especially was good with the A-Stock, and I think the D-Stock was visible at one point of the line

22. redrev1917

I dont know why the Op discounted the most important underground route in London.

Perhaps its because it only opened to the public in 2017, he forgot all about it.

Yes I am referring the London Postal Museum Railway a 15 minute ride under the streets of London at 7.5 mph.

https://www.postalmuseum.org/visit-us/what-to-expect/mail-rail/
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  23. west coastway trains

The circle line starts at Edgware Road, and goes round in a circle sometimes terminating back at Edgware Road and sometimes down to Hammersmith. I really appreciate how you’ve made the suggestion seem so ridiculous as well

24. redrev1917

In all seriousness now, why wasnt the Elizabeth Line included as an option?

A updated GWE extended along to Abbey Wood & Shenfield? That would open my wallet even at a premium price.

• Like Like x 1
  25. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

cause that’s how the forums work… their are plenty of suggestions on this forum and I’m sure plenty who aren’t interested in them all.

what’s the alternative ? a survey of every route on the planet so the forum knows what to hide away from you…

• Like Like x 1
  26. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Now yes but at one point it was a true Circle, with the Hammersmith and City operating as a separate entity. Crew change point was usually Baker Street or Edgware Road (IIRC), usually when you were heading for Paddington or Euston with a fairly tight connection, anxiously watching the minutes evaporate, then the coronary canter up the stairs at Paddington with 30 seconds to spare!

27. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

I choose District, due to the fact I looked up all the recent ish London Underground stock a while ago and had a particular like to D stock the most.

I would probably like all routes tbh.

28. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Yes, haven't been over to London in a while, but that's how I remember it - a full circle.
    I'm curious though, was it bi- directional and how much time was a full round trip?

29. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

The Circle was (and still, technically is) a bi-directional route - the only different now is that they double back at Edgware Road when coming up past Paddington's Lower Platforms. Services would just infinitely loop previously, now they just go Hammersmith - Edgware Road - Aldgate - Edgware Road, and then backwards. No real reason other than to give some space in the timetable.

It's about an hour (on current timetables) to go around the main circle section, much the same as it used to be.

30. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

It's fully underground think of it as the London equivalent to New York City Times Square Grand Central shuttle. Fun fact you can use off the rails mode to fit R62A R142A R262 on Waterloo City Line

31. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

I'm happy with any of the routes as long as there's a good mix of overground and underground sections. Not that 100% tunnels are bad, but I've gotten tunnel fatigue. Kwg and bkl come to mind. Still great routes and I know tunnels are part of the route, but it still kinda gets boring after a really long time.

32. west coastway trains

Technically the Elizabeth line isn’t a london underground line but I think it would sell well, I’ve added it as an option

• Like Like x 1
  33. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Give me the U3 and I’m happy :)