Train Sim World 3 Extension To East Coastway (eastbourne - Hastings -ashford In't)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by NotDavid, May 28, 2023.

1. NotDavid

NotDavid Active Member

I've had a few people talk to me about
    A Extension to Hastings And Ashford In't.

So as you may see when you press onto the East Coastway Route it has
    One timetable set with the Class 313/2 and one without, Just the Class 377.

So I was thinking if a other one of the Timetables were made. But based in 2021 - 2022 - 2023
    With 1 extra timetable full of the Class 387/2's For replacing the Class 313/2's with Seaford To Brighton Services.

Class 387/2's
    [​IMG]

To Introduce the Class 168, 170, 171 and 172.

The Southern Class 171 could be introduced into the Timetable to doing, Brighton To Ashford In't, Ashford In't to Brighton, And late in the day services: Eastbourne To Ashford In't and back.

Class 171/2/7/8's
    [​IMG]

Formations:
    2 Coaches,
    4 Coaches.

Southern Class 377/4/1 Updated sounds and introduce of the Class 377/3 for 3 coach formations.

At Lewes
    For London Victoria Bound services From Ore and Eastbourne. The player could drive them all the way up till Lewes Then driver change to AI and the AI will carry on the rest of the way to Victoria
    For Hastings, Ore And Eastbourne.

Southern Class For Late Evening services From Brighton to Seaford.

Southern Class 313/2's
    [​IMG]
    Inc, BR Blue for the other 313 Timetable for 313201.

And as a Bonus tsw3 Scenario for the new timetable, The "Sussex Rambler" Class 313/2 Farewell Tour
    Inc, BR Blue Class 313 (201) And 313213.

SouthEastern Class 375/9 AI At Hastings, St Leonards Warrior Square and West St Leonards

I know It's a 375/6 But its to represent where the Class 375/9's would terminate, And it would be even more greater if the White, Yellow Doors And Grey Strip livery could go on the /9's as they arrive into St Leonards Warrior Sqr, and Hastings.
    [​IMG]

And Maybe as an Extra small extension to the route, a Small SouthEastern timetable which goes from Hastings To West Leonards Then Driver Change for an AI to take the service the rest of the way to, Cannon Street or Charing Cross. And the Rare Timetable ones with Services from Ore To Charing Cross, Or Out Of Service, Services going further up the line for the depot for the night.

Full Route:

Brighton - Lewes - Seaford - Eastbourne - St Leonards Warrior Square - Hastings - Ore - Ashford In't -

That's it for me for this Suggestion. Hope this gets added one day.

And If I didn't explain enough I can in the comments to the people who reply.

- NotDavid

Last edited: May 29, 2023
    • Like Like x 7
  2. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Are you trying to fill in the gap between East Coast way and SEH? If yes you can make London to Brighton via Ashford route. The game uses a common origin system which means it has to be London Victoria and Saint Pancras. On BML PC & 9th Gen consoles with the SEH route you will get Southeastern services

3. NotDavid

NotDavid Active Member

When I said about London Victoria I meant Stop at Lewes and have a Driver change and let the AI Carry the Journey on to Victoria.
    So which it means it's just:
    Brighton - Lewes - Seaford - Eastbourne - St Leonards Warrior Square - Hastings - Ore - Ashford In't. If you didn't see that you would think twice.
    I didn't actually mean it go to London Victoria. I meant Change at Lewes and let a other Driver do the rest of the way. Sorry if you misunderstood me.

4. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

I think the big problem with this for me is that it would just be the same as ECW but with a DMU which would be better off coming with a route in a different part of England to the South East. On the other hand, backdate the route to slam doors and I'd be in right away.

• Like Like x 2
  5. NotDavid

NotDavid Active Member

Apart of the ECW On The Ore To Ashford In't side has no 3rd rail.

6. darkwarrior#2896

darkwarrior#2896 Well-Known Member

But instead of this being a new separate timetable, I would rather see East coastway remake similar to Southeastern high speed

7. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

“Bring on the Thumpers…” sung to a popular football chant rhythm.

• Like Like x 3
  8. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Two of the most boring routes known to man
    Can we have some decent suggestions NOT involving the same as we have on SEHS and BML but worse?

• Like Like x 2
  9. NotDavid

NotDavid Active Member

I guess
    its not BML its just the east Coastway, Brighton to Seaford Lewes Eastbourne Hastings St Leonards Ore and Ashford In't

• Like Like x 1
  10. NotDavid

NotDavid Active Member

And they may be boring for you but for some people it isn't

• Like Like x 3
  11. this is what ive been wanting to happen and hope it does as the East Coastway is the best ever TSW Release

12. matt#4801

I know, that's why I said, "Same as ECW but with a DMU". As mentioned above ECW is a very boring route and this would be too.
    Haha, yes please!

13. NotDavid

NotDavid Active Member

It may be boring for you and other people, We all have different tastes thats why theres all kinds of routes. And I think this one would be a very good idea to see different trains around.

14. matt#4801

But if you find this exciting then you can use ECW, but at the minute there is no route covering vast areas of the country with different and more interesting scenery. It would be a route with electrostars and turbostars, the later of which would be much better off coming with a route in a different area of the country. Like I said the only way I'd like to see this route would be if it was with slamdoors.

• Like Like x 1
  15. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I still live in hope we get Pantyfynnon to Craven Arms via the Central Wales with a Class 120, but more chance of winning the lottery I think. (Though then I could crowd fund DTG to make it!).

• Like Like x 1
  16. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

If its an extension, why not connect the east coast way, and middle part (ashford / hasting) to south eastern high speed?

This would create the best potential for a network. Sehs has already big variety, so the could push it to the limits.

This variant is for me more realistic than connect l2b with east coast way, or just extend ecw to ashford.

Last edited: May 29, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  17. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

Would love this!

Photos taken by me Bexhill 1.jpg SL 2.jpg EB 1.jpg EB 2.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  18. ARuscoe

The point is that there aren't "different types of trains" On the whole route there are three. And they do the same stops. All the time
    And the scenery is much the same, there's no major landmarks, the coast is generally just out of reach and it's a better drive than it is a train journey (personally I love the A2070 on a clear run, and the A259 can be a blast)

• Like Like x 3
  19. NotDavid

NotDavid Active Member

I don't mind the route and the scenery I like what I drive on there.

20. matt#4801

Yes, the wife has some family in down that way and we went along the A259 (don't remember the A2070) and it was a lovely drive, which she enjoyed, I enjoyed, the car enjoyed and (most importantly) the dog enjoyed!

Anyway I think I'll stop there as it is slightly off topic.

21. ARuscoe

A259 is the coast road from Folkestone to Brighton
    A2070 is the road from Ashford to New Romney and has lots of straight runs...

I think the point I'm making is we already have south coast electrostar, we already have 313 so the only benefit here would be the 171 and that is a shuttle with no variation
    Much "better" (for me) and more expansive propositions elsewhere in parts of the country which could feed back to this at some point, but hopefully not for a (long) while

• Helpful Helpful x 1