Next Stop: Bawü?!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by matinakbary, Mar 24, 2023.

Tags:
  1. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

So... I found something interesting on the Niddlebar:

20230324113826_1.jpg
    For context: BaWü is short for Baden-Württemberg, a state in south germany.

If you want to see how i found it, feel free to watch this:

Anyways.. so what do you think? Which route could it be?

What we know so far:

- Route is set in BaWü
    - the 628 will likely have a layer on it

• Like Like x 15
  2. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Very, very interesting. I wonder what the future will have in store

• Like Like x 6
  3. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

Midland mainline hopefully be released next with flurry of foreign stuff we should get U.K. route next

4. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

I'm just wondering whether it's the next German route from DTG or from TSG. If the latter, it will still be a while before we travel to BaWü. No offense

5. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Something with a 420 would be my guess. Hopefully backdated.

• Like Like x 4
  6. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

BaWü possible route Filstalbahn with SFS Stuttgart Ulm being the fast line or Frankenbahn Stuttgart Würzburg linking Stuttgart Hbf with KWG

• Like Like x 1
  7. driverwoods#1787

BaWü S-Bahn Stuttgart DB BR420. international route BaWü Mannheim Straßburg Hbf (Elsaß-Lothringen Alsace-Lorraine). This was due to the fact that Germany had Strasbourg (Straßburg) controlled from 1871-1918 & 1940-1944. Keep in mind that Elsaß-Lothringen to Germany tracks are right-hand running unlike the UK and France outside of Alsace Lorraine left track running.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

Maik Goltz announced many months ago that he plans to develop the BR 218 after his current projects, so maybe a route in BaWü with the 218?

We should also not forget about the 232 that is still in development, maybe it will come with that route too.

9. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Doubt as the 232 is for RSN

• Like Like x 1
  10. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

If TSG is planning a 2nd route
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 10
  11. phil.elliott

phil.elliott Well-Known Member

I'd really like to see something going to Leipzig. We don't have anything in Leipzig yet, do we?

12. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Rapid Transit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. bobbobberdd

TSW's first German Route Rapid Transit goes through Leipzig

• Like Like x 2
  14. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

Rapid Transit

TSC has a Riesa to Leipzig extension for Riesa-Dresden.

• Like Like x 1
  15. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The fact that TSG is working on the BR 420, and the fact that the major user of the 420 besides the München S-Bahn was the Stuttgart S-Bahn (in fact, München's present units are refurbed ex-Stuttgart) inclines me in that direction.

• Like Like x 4
  16. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Offenburg to Villingen looks as if it would make a good project. Actually, Villingen to Hausach already in TSC.

• Like Like x 2
  17. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Yeah, this looks like a properly intentional teaser for sure. Like the tickets on DRA (which teased DCZ) and the multiple hints Rivet used to put into their routes.

We also can’t forget about the Berchtesgaden and steam loco posters at many stations on NID. I guess they’re using all these to show us their plans for the medium-distant future, both for DTG and TSG.

18. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

Something involving Karlsruhe would be good, it's a biggish station that'd allow for AI layers of the TGV and pretty much most of the existing modern German content, as well as any future mainline Swiss content. In fact if they offered a route outbound to either Mannheim or Stuttgart they'd be able to cover most of the intercity and regional services with existing stock, and that would free them up to produce the first tram-train for the game, as the Stadtbahn makes extensive use of them and they're common to see intermingled with regular DB traffic. DTG did just agree a deal to publish TramSim Vienna and Munich (for console) afterall, so they might have light rail on the brain.

19. driverwoods#1787

Are you fine making that International Offenburg/Villingen-Kehl Rheinbrücke Kehl Straßburg Hbf Elaß-Lothringen (Strasbourg Ville Société Nationale Chemin du Fer Français Alsace-Lorraine)? That exists in train simulator classic and I have a suggestion for it. Click On my signature for Appenweier Straßburg Hbf (Strasbourg Ville) route

20. dosto762

dosto762 Well-Known Member

Konstanz-Villingen with the BR 111 would be a nice route IMO, it would also have lots of opportunities for layers. Including a SBB RABe 523 for Seehas services

• Like Like x 2
  21. redrev1917

Id be happy with another little branch line along the same vein as Niddertalbahn.

• Like Like x 6
  22. bobbobberdd

I wouldn't put my Money on it because we don't know if RSN, given its Age, can still be equipped with the new Lighting System.

There have also been requests to release the BR232 on other Routes. I hope more on Tharandter Rampe if I'm honest. In the end it doesn't matter because as a German Freight Locomotive it will probably be found on all Routes just like the Dispolok 182.

• Like Like x 2
  23. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

And, a long time ago at this point, Maik said that the experience of developing the G6 made him realise the difficulties of releasing new loco DLCs (with new features) on ‘outdated’ routes. The latest is still that the Ludmilla comes for RSN, but that might still change.

• Like Like x 2
  24. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

But now locos don't have to be tied to any particular route. While it's true we expect them to come with scenarios, and maybe even a timetable layer, they don't have to

• Like Like x 1
  25. lux#4689

lux#4689 Well-Known Member

how about Strasbourg-Karlsruhe, like the TSC-route? That would be mostly in BaWü
    (might be too long with 112km/70mi)

26. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

I would love to see Mannheim-Karlsruhe or Basel-Freiburg. Especially the later one is one of the best routes in TSC imo

27. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

But TSG often said, it will be only the 420 of Munich as modernised version with LZB. The 420 might be a layer for the new route, for not the "highlight" of it.

28. deeuu#6908

deeuu#6908 Well-Known Member

A 'flurry of foreign stuff'? Really?

29. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

One I would like to see is Kempten to Ruette in Tyrol. That used the 628 on the German section in the 80s and 90s and a very scenic run too.

• Like Like x 3
  30. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

BWEGT actually kept two 628s in Mint Grün up to 2019, so this unit could pretty much layer in with little to no changes.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  31. lux#4689

lux#4689 Well-Known Member

Those are BR 628.4, not BR 628.2.

They were verkehrsrot, but were painted in green way later on, Westfrankenbahn has also repainted a 218 in ozeanblau/beige (Conny).

32. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/train-sim-world/articles/article/tsw2-roadmap-2-november-2021
    upload_2023-3-25_17-20-24.png

33. jolojonasgames

RSN isn't definitive for the BR 232 until they actually start creating scenarios and timetables for it, something that I don't think has happened yet as the BR 232 is so far away from developement still. In the thread I quoted Maiks response from I was suggesting it could come for Dresden-Riesa, but in hindsight RSN might have more potential for it (even though this route is already loaded with DLC). We'll have to see about the BR 232 when we get closer to a release, or at least close enough to see it on the roadmap again.

• Like Like x 3
  34. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

Freiburg to Schluchsee or Villingen-Hausach-Offenburg?
    Pretty please? :)

35. Berlin Wittenberg but it's not in this district..... or state...That is one of the best routes in my mind.

36. driverwoods#1787

Both are train Sim classic routes although one can actually go Villingen Hausach Offenburg Straßburg Hbf Elaß-Lothringen Alsace Lorraine Strasbourg Ville. Best Way for the 2nd route is Villingen Hausach Offenburg Straßburg Hbf. Which you can do and train some classic by merging one of the routes at Offenburg

37. Woroszyl The NS 2000

Woroszyl The NS 2000 Well-Known Member

That's possible since Kassel to Wurzburg is longer!

38. redrev1917

It would be possible for DTG, but TSG are a small studio, I dont think they have the economies of scale needed to produce such a long route.

39. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

the problem with comparing Kassel-Würzburg with other routes is that Kassel Würzburg isn’t as detail rich in some parts because you just rush through it with 250km/h or drive through a tunnel. Karlsruhe-Straßburg is way more detailed and hasn’t got a single tunnel. In this case it should be doable though :D

• Like Like x 2
  40. Wieczorek

Wieczorek Active Member

What with Geislinger Steige(Stuttgart-Ulm)-100km long or Höllental Bahn?

41. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Ironically I would say SKW has one of the better distant sceneries, even beating some slower routes.

• Like Like x 2
  42. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

I gotta say that Kassel-Würzburg hasn’t aged well for me, simply because it’s so boring. When I return to the route every few months, the only amazing thing is indeed the great distant scenery when you’re traveling across the big viaducts.

• Like Like x 2
  43. truttmann#5784

truttmann#5784 New Member

Bonjour, je voulais savoir si un jour sur aura des TER français dans le jeu ?

44. driverwoods#1787

Both can work the last one was in train simulator classic Höllental Bahn Black Forest adventures. First one has two routes via Göppingen Märklin group factory and the newer Schnellfahrstrecke Stuttgart Ulm a Viaduct over the Autobahn Drakensteiner Hang.

45. driverwoods#1787

Spot on and regarding the Karlsruhe Straßburg Hbf Strasbourg Ville route the Rhine river bridge at Kehl is actually the voltage change switch point. There should be signs for you telling 15kv 16.7hz AC Germany bound Westbound to France 25kv 50hz. This is where the French equivalent to a DB Baureihe 185 comes in the SNCF BB37000

46. jolojonasgames

I don't know. It's a very specific route, and not one I can play time after time, but every once in a while I get that itch for some proper high speed running, and then the route really delivers. The scenery, especially the distant scenery, is really good and more than satisfactory if you're doing 200 km/h+. The timetable also is really diverse, and has something else to offer at night (though I do feel like some of the services get put behind others that they shouldn't have been but behind, causing delays, but that's another topic). The existence of KWG, and it's high quality is exactly the reason we won't ever need another (German) route like it, because all other high speed lines are going to deliver similar experiences, and quite often even with less traffic and no freight at night. Though I'd argue that a case could be made for routes that are partially high speed, and partially classic lines (be it running parallel, or consecutive sections).

I don't know how you personally play KWG, but the route gets a lot more interesting for me the more I try to drive realistically. In reality ICE drivers will do as much as possible themselves, preventing LZB/AFB from doing any braking (as those systems brake less comfortably than a real train driver). They also will anticipate steep descents, and power off a while before them so they can use the descent to gain back speed and have to brake less. In reality drivers on the line rarely drive 250 km/h end to end, but dynamically adjust their speed to be more comfortable and energy efficient. Driving the full 250/280 km/h all the way (or as much as is possible) is only really done to catch up. The in game timetable also have timings that do allow for a more relaxed approach to driving where you sacrafice some speed here and there for comfort and efficiency. If you haven't tried this, please do, it adds another level of gameplay to the route that really got me to appreciate it, especially as LZB behaves very realistic on the route and there are some steep climbs and descents to anticipate.

As for this thread, I still hope it will be something around Stuttgart, but building Stuttgart Hbf seems like a slightly too big task for a team as small as TSG, it's more of a DTG job. I suspect a more rural line, perhaps with the BR 218 that TSG has wanted to build for a long time in the lead role, with the apperantly promised 628 layer (meaning another '90s route?).

• Like Like x 7