XBX/XBS Niddertalbahn Hugging Trees

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by hells.high.lord666, May 28, 2023.

1. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

Have bought the route and having an issue on the named scenario. Have reached Hochst (Nidder) and loaded passengers as instructed but the game doesn't want me to carry on because it's not giving me the next instruction. I've restarted the scenario with exactly the same result. Close the doors and just stand at the station because the game isn't giving the instruction to go via wherever it wants me to go via.

2. hells.high.lord666

It seems that the problem is whoever did the scenario was too bone idle to bother putting it together properly. It doesn't tell you to go via, It doesn't tell you to get out and go and look at the tree either

3. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

It is technically not possible to do so yet with this type of objective (the tree is not a train and therefor not able to being put into the objective queue). Instead of deleting the whole scenario and the idea, we decided to believe in the possibilities of our players to find a way to play it properly.

4. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Lots of us have completed this scenario. It's really not that difficult to figure out. After all, the solution is in the title. A little gumption is needed. ;)

5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The problem highlighted in this thread is different to the one that other players are experiencing. This reported issue here is the same as what I encountered, where the next objective doesn’t trigger at an earlier stage in the scenario, at a station, not at the fallen tree where others are experiencing the issue.

6. hells.high.lord666

I had that one too! That was the reason I posted this because I wasn't getting the instruction to go via after loading passengers at Höchst (Nidder). As far as the go and check the tree instruction goes if they can put an instruction in to follow markers to get a collectable (again NOT a train) then they can surely put an instruction in to follow markers to check a tree

Last edited: May 29, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Crosstie

Yes, I think I remember that too. But as I recall I just carried on driving from the station and the instruction about the fallen tree eventually displayed.
    So guess it could be seen as a bug, but, as Maik says, just needs a little ingenuity.

8. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I carried on after looking at the instruction list to see what should be next and got to the tree. but nothing I did got the scenario to continue properly as the instructions were not showing up after loading the passengers or any other subsequent action by myself, even if I knew what they were supposed to be, so in the end I just had to give up.

9. Crosstie

Just ran that scenario again.
    After closing the doors there is no further objective, but there is a red signal indication. I just drove on towards it and there is an emergency stop about 300 meters before it, with the fallen tree info. Walk to the marker, press E and then there are the instructions to return to the train, power off, switch ends, power back on and reverse to the second to last station. ( On PC ).

Last edited: May 29, 2023
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. mattchester#9176

mattchester#9176 Well-Known Member

Having just done this scenario I got to this point and was confused what to do next. Although the Go Via instruction is next in your task list it didn't become active and there is no marker signifying where to go via. I don't know if it's possible, (although I'm sure I've seen a scenario do something similar), it would be best if there could be an instruction to take you to the next station, then change once the emergency break gets applied.

The real issue I had with this scenario was after the fallen tree, when changing ends. It doesn't tell you insert the break key or cut them in, although dispite this you can move the break leaver as instructed (which seems odd). Once you follow this instruction you can no longer use the break leaver, either with the controller or physically in the cab. Even if you put the break key in at this point, it won't let you cut the breaks in.

Because of this I almost spad'ed. The only way I could stop the train was by going to the other end of the front unit, cutting in the breaks in the rear cab and then applying them while driving backwards. I assume this is not by design and is certainly not prototypical!

I'm not sure if this has been like this since release or it is due to an update. Replaying the scenario and insering the break key and cutting them in before touching the break leaver allows them to work as expected and you can complete the scenario normally.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Maik Goltz

Yeah, unfortunately the scenario instructions can/does override the lever constraints/interlocks. When you them move the lever without the key inserted and unlocked, it locks completely out and is not usable anymore. That's definitely not intentional but there is nothing i could do against that behaviour. The user has to do the steps in the right order. The scenario should tell the user the correct steps but it seems that's missing there then.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  12. mattchester#9176

mattchester#9176 Well-Known Member

It seems like there are some core changes required to allow this sort of gameplay. Hopefully DTG will put some effort in to these, given they seem to be thinking more about unique gameplay experiences (such as Guard Mode etc.).

Really appreciate you pushing the limits of what's possible (even if the implementation isn't perfect due to limitations out of you hands). To me it's one of the most interesting and unique senarios. Great effort.

• Like Like x 1
  13. sarhad

sarhad New Member

What about DB BR 420 when will it be out?

14. Maik Goltz

When it is ready to being released.

• Like Like x 3
  15. sarhad

sarhad New Member

Ha ok

16. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Not any time soon. Hma first requires an optimization pass since it cannot handle any more trains at the moment which is something dtg would have to do. Tsg has to work on the 420 which is going to take a while cuz they are all about quality and perfection.

17. Maik Goltz

You got the idea that i'm already here to answer the questions out of first hand knowledge, did you?
    Sometimes.....i could......... nevermind :)

18. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Sorry about that. I was just making assumptions since it does tend to take some time to make a high quality product you and your team makes. Was not my intention to cause tension.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2023